Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Door problem (can't put it back)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Xinx
Regular

December 2003
Door problem (can't put it back) Sat, 12 November 2005 13:32 Go to next message
I wasted about 3hours today trying to put the door back onto the car after replacing the hinges.

The problem is I can't get the door to line up to where they suppose to be, so it won't close. Also I can't get at the adjustment bolt with the door on, do I have to take the guard out or something? there must be an easier way...

I didn't realise how heavy the doors are, I'm glad I don't have to put one back onto a Soarer those giant door must weight a tone.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Send a private message to this user    
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Door problem (can't put it back) Sun, 13 November 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah taking the quarter panels off will help, helped with me. It's also a good idea to have a friend hold the door in perfect position while you screw in the bolts.

Kev.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Door problem (can't put it back) Sun, 13 November 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep or if solo use your car jack (with cardboard so you don't scratch the paint)

I had to take the fender off to really get access to those hinge bolts, there all elongated fror adjustment, also the latch on the other side that the door locks onto is adjustable. Takes abit of trail and error until you get it right.
Xinx
Regular

December 2003
Re: Door problem (can't put it back) Sun, 13 November 2005 12:36 Go to previous message
I finally manage to put the door back, had to take the the front guard off Crying or Very Sad . So much effort for something seemingly simple. Lets hope I never have to take if off again

Thanks guys
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What does cam LIFT do for performance?
Next Topic:4agze smoke
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:43:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043020248413086 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.