Toymods » General Car Talk » 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Thu, 17 November 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ.747 wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 16:19

yes i do enjoy rap music,

also country

also techno and trans music.

but i gave up that redneck shit you listen too Razz

Doesn't look like it to me. Razz

I like Techno and Trance too by the way.

I can't listen to rap for too long. Most of it is all about how to solve your problems with a baseball bat, taking drugs, or objectifying women. My sense of humour is fairly violent (ie, I make jokes about hurting people a lot) but I'm not a very violent person otherwise and don't enjoy hearing about how some guy shoots people for looking at him wrong. If it can avoid those kinds of subjects then it's not so bad most of the time.

Anyway...

*puts on daft chemical brothers* ahh, that's the shit. Wink
  Send a private message to this user    
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Thu, 17 November 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 15:47

1JZ.747 wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 16:05

the funny thing is the more i listen closley to rap music, he is in so many songs, saying just those three words.

ie ushers song "yeah"

You listen to rap music? Confused Wierdo.

Anyway...

"THE MILK'S GONE SOUR!"

"bitch show charlie murphy them titties"

"I wouldnt go to somebodies house and wipe my feet all over thier couch, I wasnt crazy like that"

"yeah I wiped my feet on eddie murphy's couch"

"why did you do it"

"he could afford to buy a new one"

"FUCK YO COUCH NIGGA, FUCK YO COUCH!"

"come to think of it, I think im bleedin inside my chest"

"I cant belive I was reminiscing about charlie murphy kickin my ass"

"THEY SHOULDA NEVER GIVEN YOU NIGGAHS MONEY!"

"DARKNESS, DARKNESS EVERYWHERE!"

"What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!"

"hold my drink bitch!"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnd im spent

oh yeah

shane:

WHAAAAT!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Thu, 17 November 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Back on topic: I wish I had a p00 motor Sad
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Thu, 17 November 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ.747 wrote on Wed, 16 November 2005 14:48

did i mention it doesnt use any oil at all.

i do oil and filter on average every 3000k's or if i have a race meet i change it.

get your hand off it ya blowarse.

It's fucking built and you know it. Quit with the BS ffs.
soara7mgte
Regular

September 2003
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Thu, 17 November 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7M is easier to work on in every aspect, feels much more torquey , had stock boost of 5-6psi to make 180kw compared to the 1jzs 10psi, is more fuel efficient in my experience because it doesnt need constant boost i spose, can be reliable after you fix headgasket issues and make sure you dont spin big end bearings due to low oil issues, probably due to sump / oil pump or just plain low oil,
My 1jz jz30 just doesnt feel strong at all compared to my mz21(both autos), i would hate to say it but i think all that power up top gives it a better 0-100 though, it sounds pretty dodgy at high rpm though where as the 7m hits the rev limiter real hard and feels good all the way there. also the auto trans in the 1j has better shift patterns , on the other hand it also does some dodgy torque limiting shifts witch make it suck balls,
I am biased because i dig my 7m and the mz shape but i do own both so this is just one mans opinion based on experience, sorry if i entered the discussion late and i didnt have much time to post this so it aint real pretty
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Thu, 17 November 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I look at a 7m engine bay it just looks a lot messier and harder to work on. Although working on a jzz30 is also a bit of a pain in the ass. Working on my 1j in my corona is a lot easier as there is less shit around the place Smile

Stock boost on 1j is 8psi AFAIK.

Good writeup though from an unbiased opinion. Wouldn’t be many of those here Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Thu, 17 November 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soara7mgte wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 17:49

i would hate to say it but i think all that power up top gives it a better 0-100 though, it sounds pretty dodgy at high rpm though where as the 7m hits the rev limiter real hard and feels good all the way there.

the only prob 1js get at high rpm is the restriction by the stock dumps... other than that feeling of the power plateauing high up my 1j revs smoothly to over 7000
soara7mgte
Regular

September 2003
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Fri, 18 November 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you ever have to change the water pump you would know what im talking about ,haha, 7m is easy 1jz is not at all, i had to pull not only the timing belt off, but also the harmonic balancer and the cam sprockets, 7m was a couple of bolts, haha, yer my 1j has stock exaughst and all but it still runs 10psi, maybe i should base my opinion after i get the exaughst and dumps done, anyone selling any dumps or exaughst system to suit, or know where i can get some used jap ones?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Fri, 18 November 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 16:37

Shraka wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 15:47

1JZ.747 wrote on Thu, 17 November 2005 16:05

the funny thing is the more i listen closley to rap music, he is in so many songs, saying just those three words.

ie ushers song "yeah"

You listen to rap music? Confused Wierdo.

Anyway...

"THE MILK'S GONE SOUR!"

"bitch show charlie murphy them titties"

"I wouldnt go to somebodies house and wipe my feet all over thier couch, I wasnt crazy like that"

"yeah I wiped my feet on eddie murphy's couch"

"why did you do it"

"he could afford to buy a new one"

"FUCK YO COUCH NIGGA, FUCK YO COUCH!"

"come to think of it, I think im bleedin inside my chest"

"I cant belive I was reminiscing about charlie murphy kickin my ass"

"THEY SHOULDA NEVER GIVEN YOU NIGGAHS MONEY!"

"DARKNESS, DARKNESS EVERYWHERE!"

"What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!"

"hold my drink bitch!"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnd im spent

oh yeah

shane:

WHAAAAT!

I'm rick james, BITCH!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Fri, 18 November 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soara7mgte wrote on Fri, 18 November 2005 15:58

if you ever have to change the water pump you would know what im talking about ,haha, 7m is easy 1jz is not at all, i had to pull not only the timing belt off, but also the harmonic balancer and the cam sprockets, 7m was a couple of bolts, haha, yer my 1j has stock exaughst and all but it still runs 10psi, maybe i should base my opinion after i get the exaughst and dumps done, anyone selling any dumps or exaughst system to suit, or know where i can get some used jap ones?

LOL, yeah. That'll be why you have problems up high. Razz
HKS_TRD
Regular

September 2002
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Sat, 19 November 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love reading debates on this whenever they frequently come up. I know for some people the fact that everyone shitcans the 7M is what motivates them to make them work. The HG thing is a bitch becase 99% of the time you have to deck the block(ie rebuild) to fix it with a metal head gasket. You can still make good power on the standard internals, but when you rebuild have to rebuild to repair it, kind of makes sense to put forgies in there.
I have to say one of the most amusing things I had happen to me was someone was looking right at my motor and asked me if it was a 1-JZ. Sad Anyhow everyone flame on Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 19 November 2005 11:57]

1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Sun, 20 November 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKS_TRD wrote on Sat, 19 November 2005 22:55

I love reading debates on this whenever they frequently come up. I know for some people the fact that everyone shitcans the 7M is what motivates them to make them work.

thats the thing 1j's work, you dont have to get motivated to make them work.

7m 1j who cares as long as its toyota powered.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Sun, 20 November 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ.747 wrote on Sun, 20 November 2005 17:58

Oh come on, that's not in the spirit of the toymods forums!
M owners will argue with J owners. It's like the changing of the tides.
Just let it be Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 20 November 2005 10:31]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Sun, 20 November 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Sun, 20 November 2005 21:29

1JZ.747 wrote on Sun, 20 November 2005 17:58

Oh come on, that's not in the spirit of the toymods forums!
M owners will argue with J owners. It's like the changing of the tides.
Just let it be Very Happy

Shutup you whinging p00jay girl.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Sun, 20 November 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What was that sound? Did anyone elser hear that?

Sounded kind of like bubbling.

Better check your coolant levels Dongah. Is there oil in the radiator cap? What about the dipstick? Any moisture there?

You should be able to limp it around anyway - at least until your gearbox grenades. Evil or Very Mad
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Sun, 20 November 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And how's the whole registration thing working out for ya? Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 20 November 2005 11:11]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Sun, 20 November 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice double post retard.

Last time i checked, your gearbox was going to grenade before mine.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Sun, 20 November 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pwned!

2 mins too slow there BVD Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Sun, 20 November 2005 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sun, 20 November 2005 19:13

Last time I checked, he drove like a geriatric, you don't Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Sun, 20 November 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 21 November 2005 09:15

BlackSupra wrote on Sun, 20 November 2005 19:13

Last time I checked, he drove like a geriatric, you don't Smile

im suprised the W5X's dont explode on idle behind a 2JZ Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Sun, 20 November 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie's first W58 survived for a while, and he drives like he's trying to kill it. It all comes down to driving style.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Sun, 20 November 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think there can really be a sensible comparison between 7m and 1j motors because thy are so far apart in age and technology. One day the 1jz will be the shitcanned/outdated engine.

The difference if you are planning to modify seems to be with a 1jz you buy a 2nd hand engine, strap an industrial sized compressor to the side of it, upgrade injectors/spark and make big power.

If you have a 7m, you tend pull it aprat, deck the block, ensure the head is not warped/cracked/soft, put on a metal HG, replace the head bolt with studs, recon the oil pump, replace bearings, add forgies (if you can afford them), upgrade injectors - all before adding the big compressor.

I know the waer pump is a bitch on the 1jz, but you shouldn't have to take the cam sprokets off to get to it.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE Mon, 21 November 2005 02:26 Go to previous message
lumpy wrote on Mon, 21 November 2005 10:03

One day the 1jz will be the shitcanned/outdated engine.

By that time I think we'll all be using hydrogen engines or something like that, and performance guys will be begging for the good old internal combustion engines to come back and to kick these new heavy underpowered electric hunks of junk. Razz
Viva the JZ series! Razz
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:my photochop of the new ugly wrx
Next Topic:K&N pod cleaning kit ????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:42:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054528713226318 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.