Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » newby question - most likly asked 1000 times but here goes

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
xcedricx
Newcomer

November 2005
newby question - most likly asked 1000 times but here goes Tue, 15 November 2005 15:15 Go to next message
i jsut got a sprinter 1985, needs a bit of work and the engine need to go as well which gets me to my question

ive been reading on here and other fourms that...

when converting from a 4ac to a 4age 16v you can jsut use the
4ac loom along with adding the emu loom to it? is that close to right

plus, ive decided on going a 16v 4age over the 20v version just because of price and by the fact that you dont need engineering and mod plates for it?

so compaired to a 20v is this a much easier conversion?
and is the rwd version of the 16v hard to find?

alot of quesitons i know, sorry about that, but jsut need a steer in the right direction

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: newby question - most likly asked 1000 times but here goes Tue, 15 November 2005 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Id use the 4age loom, not sure if u can get away with doing it anyone way, but all the 16v conversions ive seen done locally (3 so far) all have used the loom for the 16v.

As far as i know in NSW engineering for the 16v is not required, but u will still need a new blue slip etc.

Probably a little easier only if u get a rwd 16v as opposed to a 20v, if u get a fwd 16v then the conversion will be exactly the same difficulty.
RWD 16v are not to hard to find, the stock JDM RWD is alot less common though, but u will find a few ppl selling 16v's allready converted to rwd.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: newby question - most likly asked 1000 times but here goes Tue, 15 November 2005 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Search Razz

The 4ac doesn't really have an engine loom so what i think you're talking about is using the original BODY loom from the car and hooking that up to the new 4age ENGINE loom. That's generally the way to do it.

The 20v compared to a 16v conversion wont have the same difficulties as the 20v has to navigate the dizzy as well as having all the water piping at the rear of the head. A FWD 16v will only need to relocate the water lines using a remote thermo housing and possibly swap over the rear water outlet if you run out of room.

Witzl has an awesome article with pics of how exactly to do it. It should be in the FAQ Tech Articles. Good luck.

Eddie.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: newby question - most likly asked 1000 times but here goes Wed, 16 November 2005 06:11 Go to previous message
being in Qld, you'll need to mod-plate the car as you've changed the induction from carbi to EFI - so engineering is required for that part.

At same time you should get change of engine number noted.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18R perforfance
Next Topic:ST185 PWR radiators
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:39:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040359497070312 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.