Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Job and licence woes...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
andyroo
Regular

December 2004
Job and licence woes... Wed, 16 November 2005 03:52 Go to next message
hi yall

I know the forums are closing down, but I need to know this fast. I lost my licence 2 months ago yesterday(1 month left) and prior i had it automaticly suspended cos I couldnt pay it ( 2 months SO 4 moths alltogether! Anyway, I really need to work NOW, Its about 30 ks from where i live, and there is no public trasnport. The RTA said theres no way, but COME ON! Centrelink rejected me, wont give me money, there is limited employment where I live, I need to DRIVE THERE!!! if anyone knows who I should hassle, (gov agency, ANYTING!!) it would be really terrific!!

Thanks, Andy
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Job and licence woes... Wed, 16 November 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surely there is an emergency licence if you can prove there is no public transport to your place of employment.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Job and licence woes... Wed, 16 November 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The drunk who lived next door to me lost his licence for DUI for 6 months and because he was a tradie he applied for a drive to work permit. He got that and was then caught DUI whilst on the restricted licence. Needless to say they took his licence off him completely after that Wink

So unless you have been busted already on a restricted licence or similar circumstances I would think you could get a restricted licence.
andyroo
Regular

December 2004
Re: Job and licence woes... Wed, 16 November 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
restircted licence?

How long ago was this incident with the drunky? I think the BASTARDS may have changed the rules...if not where should I go?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Job and licence woes... Wed, 16 November 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

How long ago was this incident with the drunky? I think the BASTARDS may have changed the rules...if not where should I go?

About 1.5 to 2 years ago in the ACT.
andyroo
Regular

December 2004
Re: Job and licence woes... Wed, 16 November 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks, ill look into it, but not expecting much, do you know which agency I should go to?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Job and licence woes... Wed, 16 November 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a restricted license would only permit you to drive from A to B and back via a set route and during set times.

unless you have a actual job that you are prevented from doing (by the loss of your license) it's unlikely that you'll get a restricted license.

You could ask RTA if they'll let you drive to/from an employment agency while searching for work? This might be a satisfactory alternative to driving to/from a place of work.

I'd suggest you contact your local/nearest legal aid office to see how you can apply for a restricted license.

It would help your case if you can: show that you are actively seeking employment, show that you'll suffer extreme hardship if you loose your license, show that you cannot leave your isolated residence and move to where the work is, show that others depend on you driving them to/from facilities (like medical or education).

You'll need this kind of stuff in writing (letter froms agency, refusal from RTA, details of persons who rely on you and what they rely on you for). THese can be letters from the persons addressed to the court. You'll need detail and accuracy, emotional pleas will get you no-where.

To kick this off you'll need to advise the court (not sure how you do it in NSW) that you intend to apply for a restricted license.

you'll do yourself a big favour if you get legal representation in the court when you apply for a restricted license. They'll know what buttons to push to get the magistrate/judge to get on your side - you wont.

When i was last in court i listened to a magistrate tell a shift worker that he had to learn to ride a bike to his a/h job as a 2nd DUI offence made the loss-of-licence manditory.

moral of the story: If you screw up after getting a restricted license, expect no mercy - none at all.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2005 04:41]

andyroo
Regular

December 2004
Re: Job and licence woes... Wed, 16 November 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

By the time i did all that I will have my licence back! Its so ridiculous, I cant beleive how much bull one has to go through. I cant go to cournt NO MONEY WHICH IS WHY I NEED THE JOB IN THE FIRST PLACE! Thanks heaps for the info mate, but looks like Ill have to starve for a month...
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Job and licence woes... Wed, 16 November 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tis only 30km to work, just pedal there on a bike Wink About an hour each way should cover it.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Job and licence woes... Wed, 16 November 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you get you license suspended by a court - or you lost it due to accumulation of demerit points?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Job and licence woes... Wed, 16 November 2005 06:27 Go to previous message
you do know that you can contact to the infringment processing place and work out payment plans so they dont susspend your liscence for not paying by the due date
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:does this need an engineers ( VIC )
Next Topic:STARTING/WEARING IN NEW ENGINE update
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 08:07:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061819553375244 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.