Toymods » General Car Talk » Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Fri, 09 December 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vigil gets the win for me and even with a 15% lower no claim bonus (30% versus 45% for Shannons) they are still over 300 buck cheaper and its gonna get much cheaper in the future woot. Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Fri, 09 December 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just further to my last comment about legality (and I will keep the models restricted to Toyota for this forum)

Did you know that the current models shown below can only be lowered by the following amounts before they are deemed outside of their ADR's and therefore illegal

1. Celica Liftback can only be lowered by 1mm
2. Camry V6 sedan can only be lowered by 19mm
3. Corolla ZZ122 Sedan can be lowered by 34mm
4. Echo Hatchback can only be lowered by 6mm
5. MR2 Coupe can only be lowered by 10mm
6. Yaris hatchback can only be lowered by 10mm

so for all you guys out there that buy "lows" and "superlows" springs for their car - you ARE making your car illegal and you MAY NOT BE COVERED if the insurance company whats to push the matter (especially if they believe that altered handling contributed to the claim etc)

Don't say you haven't been warned...

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Fri, 09 December 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The '25 is with Vigil. I think it costs me $400 per annum, $500 excess, 24/7 road assist, for an agreed value of $15,000. I can't complain, though I'm thinking of upping the greed value to $20k.

I tried Shannons before Vigil but they sounded uninterested and stupid. This was before I was in Toymods and therefore I couldn't leverage off the car club. However, as Vigil recognise Toymods I will have to tell them so I get it cheaper again.

seeyuzz
river
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Fri, 09 December 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe best thing about vigil is rang on moday to get a quote, had a great chat to him about the car etc then ring back yesterday and the same bloke answers the phone Very Happy .

He was able to accomdate a slightly different method of payment and as soon as I mentioned the car he remembered me (before he had time to look anything up) love it.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Fri, 09 December 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Southo wrote on Fri, 09 December 2005 11:55

Did you know that the current models shown below can only be lowered by the following amounts before they are deemed outside of their ADR's and therefore illegal

1. Celica Liftback can only be lowered by 1mm
2. Camry V6 sedan can only be lowered by 19mm
3. Corolla ZZ122 Sedan can be lowered by 34mm
4. Echo Hatchback can only be lowered by 6mm
5. MR2 Coupe can only be lowered by 10mm
6. Yaris hatchback can only be lowered by 10mm

Where can said information be located?
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Fri, 09 December 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Few sources....

Manufacturer's ADR submission papers.
ADR website (paid subscription section only I understand)
DOTARS website
fatboy13
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Just Car Insurance am teh winner Just Car > all Sat, 10 December 2005 15:03 Go to previous message
hey guys

i dont know how relevant this will be to alot of you, buy I'm insured with GIO and i pay $260 per year for Comprehensive insurance. The reason being that my car is over 30 years of age and is eligible for their Vintage and Veterans Insurance. I get agreed value, salvage, choice of repairer and no restrictions on modifications as long as its legal. I have a $450 excess with a $400 age excess as im only 18.

Every one else i called quoted me at over $2000 for comprehensive and around $600 for 3rd party....

so if you own something old do it!!!!!!!!

ben
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:First drive of the RA65
Next Topic:GT4 owners dedicated thread
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:56:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068380832672119 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.