Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Making PDF's pamphlets etc...?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Making PDF's pamphlets etc...? Thu, 17 November 2005 23:49 Go to next message
Hi there, just getting prepared for my interview and I'm wondering what's a good program to use in making pamplets/instruction manuals and stuff? I'm aiming to make files like the ones on some sites where they have a .pdf file with all the goods they have for sale and stuff like that.

I'm a complete noob at this, any suggestions? If I was to make one I think I'd have to use photoshop lol
  Send a private message to this user    
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Making PDF's pamphlets etc...? Fri, 18 November 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
word / openoffice can obviously be used for this, although the result might not look that professional.

i think what you need is a vector-based graphics app. the most widely used would be adobe illustrator, pretty damn expensive, but there is a open source (free) alternative called inkscape that is also available for windows.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Making PDF's pamphlets etc...? Fri, 18 November 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can make anything look profesional with free/cheap tools if you spend enough time on it.you could prog get away with useing word, paint and irfanview(pic editor), and you might need a more powerful pic editing tool. you can get some decent ones for free with scanners and digicams.

to create pdfs i used a free sw. it ads a virtual pirnter which u print any thing to, it then asks where u want to save and thats all.
heres a link to it: http://www.cutepdf.com/

hmm seems they are charging for the sw now. you might be able to find the shareware files somewhere on the net.
i think i have a copy on cd.
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: Making PDF's pamphlets etc...? Fri, 18 November 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.software995.com

they do a pdf printer thing for free, if u just put up with some ads when u print it....its not to bad, u can also combine several pdf docs into one with another prog they have there.
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: Making PDF's pamphlets etc...? Fri, 18 November 2005 05:30 Go to previous message
I tend to use Adobe InDesign for makeing PDF files. It's an indutry standard in Graphic Design. The program is a page layout apllication, so you can do a whole range of stuff with it, from low res internet documents, to high quality print based designs.

Also, being an Adobe product, it works very much like every other Adobe program. It also easily imports Photoshop, Illustrator and a whole lot of other file types.

But the program isn't cheap. I'd suggest trying out a demo of the program of it first, before buying. Or even finding yourself a torrent of it to download.

That's my 2c Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Australia Vs Uraquay
Next Topic:Does anyone know overboostin007?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:02:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047330856323242 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.