Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » celica convertibles?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
celica convertibles? Sun, 20 November 2005 10:02 Go to next message
just a quick question. where can you get a celica convertible kit from. did they actually come out of factory like this? always wanted one but they tend to add about 5K onto cars value if its a convertible.
  Send a private message to this user    
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: celica convertibles? Sun, 20 November 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea they are available from the factory as a convertible. Can't remember which model, but the early 90's ones seem to be pretty popular in Sydney at the moment.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: celica convertibles? Sun, 20 November 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1 x jigsaw.
1 x rustproof coating.

Apply both liberally, and in that order.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: celica convertibles? Sun, 20 November 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was an st162 convertible but it was an ST so it had the shit interior, 3sfe and 4 stud rims etc etc. I think it had drum rear as well.
Stay away, all the ones i have seen are leaking and have rust bits everywhere
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: celica convertibles? Sun, 20 November 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's an ST205 Celica at my work, looks pretty gumby though
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: celica convertibles? Sun, 20 November 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There seems to be a few coming in from Japan. From what I understand they are based on the ST182 or ST202 coupe as opposed to the hatches we mostly see in here in Australia. They also have a 3S-GE instead of the crappy 5S-FE in the Aust spec cars.

You will probably find the reason they cost $5k more is that they are factory convertables, converting a car using a kit will probably take $5k off the value of your car because they are usualy fairly crappy quality and once you chop off the roof there ain't no going back...
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: celica convertibles? Sun, 20 November 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There seems to be a few coming in from Japan. From what I understand they are based on the ST182 or ST202 coupe as opposed to the hatches we mostly see in here in Australia. They also have a 3S-GE instead of the crappy 5S-FE in the Aust spec cars.

You will probably find the reason they cost $5k more is that they are factory convertables, converting a car using a kit will probably take $5k off the value of your car because they are usualy fairly crappy quality and once you chop off the roof there ain't no going back...
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: celica convertibles? Sun, 20 November 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup st183/st203

why bother though ? if your going for an import i saw a nice looking st182 at the import yard the other day... hard top with 3sge in it Smile
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: celica convertibles? Sun, 20 November 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do the home made jobbies include all the bracing the chassis needs after the roof is cut off? If I wanted a convertible I'd go factory all the way..
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: celica convertibles? Sun, 20 November 2005 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i've seen convertible based on both st162 and 182. they do look pretty good though
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: celica convertibles? Wed, 23 November 2005 01:23 Go to previous message
yeah as said they come in the 205 body shape also but are 203's and i have to say i think they look preety smart. And also the rear lights on the 203's are different to 205, they also look better i think.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Emanage tuners in Adelaide / anywhere in SA
Next Topic:In Prep for my next Gen4 ST162SX Celica
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:54:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054268836975098 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.