Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sonwill
Regular

February 2005
4AGE died on hwy Mon, 21 November 2005 12:06
My damm car (AE-82 - 4age conversion) died (no cought splutter, just as if I switched it off) on me on the hwy the other side of melb yesterday.
It was running fine, then it just stopped whilst driving at around 60k as I was merging.

On inspection, there was only one single spark from the coil when starting, then nothing. After moving the car to a safe place, I pulled the cap off and checked for broken pickups etc, cleaned the dizzy connecter (3 wire one) and then I was getting continious sparks when cranking.

Now it starts but won't keep going. It runs for about 2 - 4 sec then dies (runs rough). Have checked fuel and pump and pressure seams OK- short of getting a pressure gauge, have also tried to block the return line. So it is still looking like ignigtion.

I have tested the coil, and the 2 pickups in the dizzy and they are all within spec. Have put new cap and rotor on.
Could it be the ignigtor??
Leads?
I am going to replace the leads (they are still original 1986!!) and try to borrow a working ignigtor so I can test if it is that. Am I on the right track? Anybody else had this problem?

Thanks guys, got me stuffed!
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What model gearbox have I got?
Next Topic:removing old pioneer head unit
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:59:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044469833374023 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.