Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What tyres for SV21 camry?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chamelion
Occasional Poster

June 2004
What tyres for SV21 camry? Wed, 23 November 2005 04:48 Go to next message
Hi all,

I need two new front tyres for my 14" SV21 Camry. I know very little on tyres and I a) dont want to buy 2 peice of circular shit and b) dont want to be ripped off.

I can afford around about $100 per tyre. Any reccomendations?

Matt.
  Send a private message to this user    
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: What tyres for SV21 camry? Wed, 23 November 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why dont you call and ask you local tyre dealer, this is not a tyre sales site.

for $200 you can get some decent shit, which is a little bit better then circular shit.
with tyres you get what you pay for.
Chamelion
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: What tyres for SV21 camry? Wed, 23 November 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, but it is a forum dedicated to Toyota vehicles. I was under the assumption this might be a good place to get advice, for you know... My Toyota Wink

My budget doesn't reach $200 per tyre, half that is about my limit.

I'm wary of calling my local tyre dealer simply because I will most definitely come across as someone who doesn't know what they are on about. This puts me in a position to be taken advantage of.

Matt.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: What tyres for SV21 camry? Wed, 23 November 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, if you call a big comapany like bob janes, they have advertised prices for every man or woman who comes into the shop, no matter how much they know or if they look rich. so they wont take advantage of you any more then anyone else.

for 100 you will get fairly standard tyres, they will be 100% safe etc, but nothing spectacular.

for $170 onwards you can get some very good tyres that will reduce brake distance and increase corner speed.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: What tyres for SV21 camry? Wed, 23 November 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
every car has a tyre placard, have you tried to find yours, it is normally on the inside of the drivers door
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What tyres for SV21 camry? Wed, 23 November 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chamelion wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 15:48

Hi all,

I need two new front tyres for my 14" SV21 Camry. I know very little on tyres and I a) dont want to buy 2 peice of circular shit and b) dont want to be ripped off.

Matt.

Go to this forum, they can help you a lot are in brisbane Wink :

http://www.camcrew.com.au/forums/index.php?act=idx
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: What tyres for SV21 camry? Thu, 24 November 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chamelion wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 15:48

If you want to stay with standard wheels and tyres I highly recommend

Bridgestone RE92 195/65x14 about $100 each.

Try KMart Tyre or Bob Jane or Beaurepaires or Bridgestone Tyre Centre.
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What tyres for SV21 camry? Thu, 24 November 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or yokohama s306
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: What tyres for SV21 camry? Thu, 24 November 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used bridgestone Turanza GR50s on my camry (185/65/r15) and found these to be quite good (cost about 110 per tyre).Im currently using Bridgestone Grid IIs on my Elantra and find these pretty good. Both are about the same price and offer reasonable improvements in wet and dry traction and braking.
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: What tyres for SV21 camry? Thu, 24 November 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camry_omega wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 17:58

I used bridgestone Turanza GR50s on my camry (185/65/r15) and found these to be quite good (cost about 110 per tyre).Im currently using Bridgestone Grid IIs on my Elantra and find these pretty good. Both are about the same price and offer reasonable improvements in wet and dry traction and braking.

improvements over what?

im using el cheapo 215/60/15 Nankangs (exact same tread pattern as goodyears new touring tyre) and they crap all over my old RE92's at anytime that i could remember (old or new) but my older Yoko's were better then both of these.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: What tyres for SV21 camry? Thu, 24 November 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the camry had goodyear regatta tyres (185/65/r14) and the elantra had hankook 866 radials (185/65/r15).
Chamelion
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: What tyres for SV21 camry? Tue, 06 December 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ended up with Bridgestone Turanza ER592's 195/64/R14... Very happy with them so far.

Cheers Smile

Matt.
leasaunce
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: What tyres for SV21 camry? Tue, 13 December 2005 01:00 Go to previous message
if you want cheap good quality , get 2nd hand tyres. Very Happy

last time i bought, it was $60 per tyre.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Accident at BP? Perths Supply of Ultimate Affected?
Next Topic:interchanging parts (brake and sus upgrade)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 02:34:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052039623260498 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.