Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Anybody heading from Sydney to Victoria who can tow?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Anybody heading from Sydney to Victoria who can tow? Thu, 24 November 2005 01:36 Go to next message
Hey guys, Im in need of someone who is heading from Sydney to Victoria who can tow an AE82 back for me. The car is very close to the city of Sydney, and the car runs and is complete, just has no rego. Anytime in the near future/couple of months (?) would be fine, and i will obviously pay the petrol and towing costs, plus give extra for the inconvenience.
just trying to save on the 550 freight costs.
Thanks very much for any help
regards, grant
  Send a private message to this user    
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Anybody heading from Sydney to Victoria who can tow? Thu, 24 November 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or even if anyone can suggest or knows of a cheaper form of transport to get it here.....
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Anybody heading from Sydney to Victoria who can tow? Thu, 24 November 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know of someone goin up to sydney, unfortunately that car does not have towing capabilities Sad
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Anybody heading from Sydney to Victoria who can tow? Thu, 24 November 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speak to Vicroads (13 11 71) and the RTA and get an unroadworthy vehicle permit for it, then drive it down.

Or ring around the transport companies more. $550 is getting reamed. I was quoted less from Brisbane to Melb. I just checked the yellow pages and Googled.

Hen
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Anybody heading from Sydney to Victoria who can tow? Thu, 24 November 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah yep, will do. thanks guys, ill let you know.
but still, if anyone is driving to vic with towing capabilities, let me know Smile
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Anybody heading from Sydney to Victoria who can tow? Thu, 24 November 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry, was under ryleys username.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anybody heading from Sydney to Victoria who can tow? Thu, 24 November 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nods to henn - 500 is what you pay melb to brisbane

Syd to melb happens every day - should nly cost a few hundred bucks if you shop around - or as suggersted get a permit - the drive's very easy mate - no major problems i could see bar the hours behind the wheel
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Anybody heading from Sydney to Victoria who can tow? Fri, 25 November 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know the drive is easy, thats not the issue tho, the seller doesnt wanna get a permit for it, so i had to look at other options....
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anybody heading from Sydney to Victoria who can tow? Fri, 25 November 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok - fly up - get car , goto local RTA, surrender plates , get permit , drive home ..

thats the reverse of how my ta22 was sold to a buyer in canberra - no dramas whatsoever ..

its only like 75 bucks to go one way to sydney - plus a taxi fee to the guys house
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Anybody heading from Sydney to Victoria who can tow? Fri, 25 November 2005 02:34 Go to previous message
just rang the sydney RTA, and the car requires a pink slip (rwc) before they will even give you a unrego permit....suddenly it aint so 'simple'
and booking a flight at such short notice will end up adding up Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:where to get reducers, FP gauge, bling hose in BNE?
Next Topic:Diesel Contamination
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:47:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076858997344971 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.