Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Need to know about boost guage soon (otherwise ill get bored and just try it out)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Need to know about boost guage soon (otherwise ill get bored and just try it out) Thu, 24 November 2005 09:10 Go to next message
Just installed first ever boost guage and wasa wondering if i got it right.
2JZGTE and yes i followed the mkIV manuals.

i got a reading but it was off the chart on the vacuum side on idle. guage goes to 30[insert unit of measurement]. is this normal? birdy tells me about 20 is normal?
  Send a private message to this user    
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: Need to know about boost guage soon (otherwise ill get bored and just try it out) Thu, 24 November 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well if something bad happens, i hope you all feel terrible Mad
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Need to know about boost guage soon (otherwise ill get bored and just try it out) Thu, 24 November 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wish my boost gauge came with a manual Confused
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Need to know about boost guage soon (otherwise ill get bored and just try it out) Thu, 24 November 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well.. until you're boosting i'd say that vacuum in the inlet manifold is normal Very Happy

and (assuming that the unit of measurement is psi) it's unlikely that you'll get 30psi out of a stock 2JZ configuration.

If it does go horribly wrong, er.. you could post pics so we could offer useles advice and launch into a pointless debate about the rice-ness of the gauge?
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Need to know about boost guage soon (otherwise ill get bored and just try it out) Thu, 24 November 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
+ve is PSI, -ve is mm Hg (millimeters mercury). I wouldn't worry that much about it, mine sits below 30 when I deaccell, its not like you can hook them up wrong anyway.
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Need to know about boost guage soon (otherwise ill get bored and just try it out) Thu, 24 November 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just tee it into some vacuum line in on the intake manifold and ya all set.
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: Need to know about boost guage soon (otherwise ill get bored and just try it out) Fri, 25 November 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive teed it just like i think im supposed to but it doesnt register any psi at all. while carefully watching the road and the handheld gauge i can see that at maxish boost it approaches zero.

i can only assume from this that i have done it wrong.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Need to know about boost guage soon (otherwise ill get bored and just try it out) Fri, 25 November 2005 08:24 Go to previous message
You assume correctly. Smile Chances are you put it on a vac line with a one-way valve in it or somesuch.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20v power output ?? how much ???
Next Topic:where to get reducers, FP gauge, bling hose in BNE?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 14:32:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052659511566162 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.