Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
piggy
Regular

March 2005
being paid the right amount Thu, 24 November 2005 19:48 Go to next message
hi is there a sight at all where i can look up how much i am ment to be getting paid ?

thanks chris
  Send a private message to this user    
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: being paid the right amount Thu, 24 November 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: being paid the right amount Thu, 24 November 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try this:

http://www.wagenet.gov.au/WageNet/HomePage/HomePag e.asp
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: being paid the right amount Thu, 24 November 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats you age? if you like 18 or something i think the base wage is $10p/h but dont hold me to that.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: being paid the right amount Thu, 24 November 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends what industry you work in and also your job role. there is no such thing as a base wage for your age as such. 10 bucks an hour? when i was on wages at woolies when i was 18 i was getting 13 bucks and hour and 14 when i turned 19!

ur getting jibbed! and that was full time no casual loading.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: being paid the right amount Fri, 25 November 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im not being paid $10 but i think that is the legal limit ur allowed to have when you have some one of the age of 18.. most shops pay more thaan that. atm im 18 and getting $12.50 so im not complaining not as bad as my mate whos 19 and getting 11.50

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: being paid the right amount Fri, 25 November 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stop arguing and look at the government website I posted a link to for wages specific to your job and state you duschebags Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: being paid the right amount Fri, 25 November 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 10:52

depends what industry you work in and also your job role. there is no such thing as a base wage for your age as such. 10 bucks an hour? when i was on wages at woolies when i was 18 i was getting 13 bucks and hour and 14 when i turned 19!

ur getting jibbed! and that was full time no casual loading.

There is an award rate that the government sets saying that a wage of $.... must be paid to a person of .... years of age.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: being paid the right amount Fri, 25 November 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I was 14 and working at Maccas I was only getting $3.50 an hour, can anyone say slave labour? Shocked

Now I'm a paralegal (and a little bit older Confused) I'm getting $30.00 an hour.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: being paid the right amount Fri, 25 November 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL. I get $17.7/h after tax which iiis $26 before tax. Smile

The lowest I think I've ever been payed was $12/h before tax, and that was doing dispatch work when I was 16.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: being paid the right amount Fri, 25 November 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i get 20 an hour, i turned 19 yesterday and im a barman
not bad pay
corona crew
Regular

July 2005
Re: being paid the right amount Fri, 25 November 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im 17 and im gettin paid $11.80 or somehting i should be gettin paid a little more something like 13 dollars. but when i turn 18 im gonna be gettin 20 dollars and hour i also work in a pub atm im a glassy but give me half a year and ill be rakin in the cash Very Happy
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: being paid the right amount Fri, 25 November 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indi wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 11:55

When I was 14 and working at Maccas I was only getting $3.50 an hour, can anyone say slave labour? Shocked

Now I'm a paralegal (and a little bit older Confused) I'm getting $30.00 an hour.

$3.50 an hour Confused
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: being paid the right amount Fri, 25 November 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i could not even tell you what i am on from work Confused
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: being paid the right amount Fri, 25 November 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to get 29- hr, min 8hrs, std rate for first 6.5 hrs then time half for next 1.5 hrs then double time. Plus thats only if you start/finish between 7am/4pm. Either start or finish outside then it's time half for 8 hrs then double.

Used to clear easily 2k/week. All been taken away now.

Missed out on the big bucks (yes it could have gotten better) mate now earns ave 15k US$/month paid tax free into amex account.
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: being paid the right amount Fri, 25 November 2005 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thanks for the info

now heres my problem i have i started my job back in feb of this year and the boss said i was to be put under a traineeship which i didn't really care about at the time. i turned 18 in May. now 9 months after ive started work i am yet to sign a single bit of paper or had one class with the traineeship lady.

so i went and asked him about my pay last week and he said i was being paid the right amount but i was still unsure he has been paying me traineeship wages while im not on a traineeship. Rolling Eyes
well looks like ill have to talk to him about it today when i go to work

thanks again chris
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: being paid the right amount Sat, 26 November 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 20:37

I used to get 29- hr, min 8hrs, std rate for first 6.5 hrs then time half for next 1.5 hrs then double time. Plus thats only if you start/finish between 7am/4pm. Either start or finish outside then it's time half for 8 hrs then double.

Used to clear easily 2k/week. All been taken away now.

Missed out on the big bucks (yes it could have gotten better) mate now earns ave 15k US$/month paid tax free into amex account.

Wholy shit! Where do I get one of these jobs?!?!!?!?!?!????!????!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!! And what were you doing? Confused Selling drugs?
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: being paid the right amount Sat, 26 November 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
12.50 - IT helpdesk monkey
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: being paid the right amount Sat, 26 November 2005 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alot of people hate unions, but this is one reason to be in one, I am a union delegate at my work and there is no end to pay disputes, its amazing what bosses will try and put over you, if you let them.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: being paid the right amount Sun, 27 November 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was 4.90 an hour at McDonalds. Fucking son of a bitches. I use to say "WOAH YOU GET PAID 8 DOLLARS AN HOUR!? THAT'S FRICHEN AWESOME"
Dad's bobcat, 40 an hour easy.
Pizza hut, 5.50 per delivery.
Sumosalad, 12 bucks an hour but only ended up getting paid 10 bucks an hour (don't know why!?)
Now at liquoadland I get 16 bucks an hour, I'm happy with the amount of work I have to do Smile
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: being paid the right amount Mon, 28 November 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Never knew macca's was that bad Confused

my first job was about 3 years ago when i was 16 at domino's and i was getting around $7.50/hour. Then became delivery driver and was raking it in at 17, $11.50/hour + $1.75/delivery + tips Very Happy

Getting about $15/hour now, not too bad i guess.

What does your mate do for US$15K/month Shocked
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: being paid the right amount Fri, 02 December 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pizza Hut "Dougie" - $3.40/delivery (contract rates Mad )
Storeman - ~$12/hour (meh, temporary fulltime job)
IT storeman for university - $19.62/hour, flexible hours around class (booyah!)
Gerald1
Regular

November 2005
Re: being paid the right amount Fri, 02 December 2005 04:34 Go to previous message
I'm only 17 and i work in the school holidays through a labour recruitment place. its pretty good cos im a casual and i tell them when i can work and i can decline a shift when ever i want. i was getting $17.76 before tax at a plastic factory and also $21 an hour cleaing out old warehouses. decent money considering you dont need any training and im only 17 Very Happy!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:The Cricket or Van Nygen Execution????
Next Topic:Anyone growing your own?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:15:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061988830566406 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.