Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Smokey228's RA23 Celica Sun, 27 November 2005 08:51 Go to next message
Hi guys, i havent done anything with it jus yet as i picked it up yesterday.

http://tinypic.com/hv8pqo.jpg

http://tinypic.com/hv8q2t.jpg

http://tinypic.com/hv8q6s.jpg

http://tinypic.com/hv9aio.jpg

atm its standard, minus a exhaust. its got an 18RC in it atm. but somewhere down the track ill put in either an 18RG for practicallity, or a 1GGTE for the obvious reasons.

atm i gotta aim on fixing it. ive made a list of wat i want to do and wat i need to do, ill post it up soonish cause maybe ppl on here can help me out wif gettting a few of the things i need.

cheers,
jason
  Send a private message to this user    
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Smokey228's RA23 Celica Sun, 27 November 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks awesome dude, congrat's with the buy. Smile
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Smokey228's RA23 Celica Sun, 27 November 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tah man.

heres a few things i need to have fixed:

-i need new bushes. i dunno much about the differences in quality but sum1 said i shud get nolathane bushes. i dunno why i shud but ill look into it Razz
-get visible rust repaired. atm i dun wanna kill the paint cause i like it Razz but wen i go to respray the car ill rub it back and fix any rust that i can find.
-i have to fix the hand brake asap cause it doesnt seem to do the job to well, it goes down without the button being pushed in, and that scares me Razz

** thats pretty much all that HAS to be fixed **

then theres the things i want to do:

-new centre console. mines had it, the owner b4 me (uteboy), or one b4 him, must have hacked it up to make a console for the head unit.
-new dash, 1 crack is to many Razz
-new celica badging. ones missing, so its an excuse to get italic ones Razz
-new carpet. mines ugly
-chrome strip from rear window. mines jus simply missing ahah
-new seals, boots had it, doors have had it, windows have had it. soo ALL new seals. ** anyone know where i can pic these up? **
im gonna look into new bumpers as mine are a lil beaten up. but theres no rush cause they really arent that bad.
along with that is a new bonnet, as mines quite beated up, and i dunno if it would be better to panel beat or replace, as i dont have all that much faith in panel beaters.. Razz

thats bout it for now. ill get bak no doubt in the soon future Razz

cheers,
jason
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Smokey228's RA23 Celica Mon, 28 November 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
congrats on the buy

take a look at toyhead auto he has the bushes and an assortment of rubber.

and one thing to add to the MUST list:
get rid of those awful seat covers ARGH Laughing

chris
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Smokey228's RA23 Celica Mon, 28 November 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha, they arent seat covers, its the trim on them. i reacon its funky. but im looking for a 2nd ra23 for parts, i think thats the cheapest way to get everything i need.

if i get a car wif decent trim then ill consider swapping them over. but i also have some bucket seats here that i was considering putting in, but i dun wanna modernise the car, i wanna keep it original...
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Smokey228's RA23 Celica Sat, 10 December 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, that's awesome!! I love the paint, though I agree with mynameisrodney about the seats... Funky like paint fumes ARGH what was the dude thinking when he got them retrimmed like that? Laughing Anyways, you got an awesome deal. As for the centre console, the radio part is an inset, so you can screw that out and put a tidy custom one in it, so that it looks original.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Smokey228's RA23 Celica Sat, 10 December 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks dude, well im going to get the seats retrimmed soon, hopefully b4 new years if i get enuf time off work.. Razz (bastard 8 day weeks)

ive got the old one out, i jus gotta make one up, wat have ppl used to make theirs? some pics would be very cool.

i got some cool parts last night, handbrake that i needed, front bumper, chrome peices Razz il write it all up later.

sarrr,
jason
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Smokey228's RA23 Celica Sun, 11 December 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The nicest non-original radio insets I have seen have been bent from sheet metal to correctly fit in the console. They follow a wavy pattern, and look good finished in crinkle paint or matt paint. This is what I'll be doing in a few weeks, but it's a blank plate, 'cos I won't have a radio for a while.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Smokey228's RA23 Celica Sun, 11 December 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh fair enuf. if u got a pic post one up, or email watever...

this is wat i picked up last night.

-new front bumper, perfect nic...
-new rock bash plate? sumfin like dat, goes underneath front bumper...
-new handbrake Smile can finally stop the car properly.
-new boot latch, old one broke sum how :S
-new chrome strip to cover rear window, one of them was missing.
-new dash pad. very very good condition...
-celica badge i was missing.

i think thats it.
im gonna get new carpet hopefully this week. and once that goes in, im gonna try get the seats re-trimmed. that or replace them for some good nic ones.. see how it goes Smile

once thats all done, interior will be finished, as far as im concerned. then ill get the rust cut out, and soon after that ill have the respray done.

and hopefully that all gets done b4 march-april, then ill be able to get the engine done Wink ahahah see how things go... Smile
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Smokey228's RA23 Celica Sun, 11 December 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great buy,i was thinking of getting that for my dad but 3 celicas are enough Very Happy

anyways i have a console for you in excellent condition,even some italic badges that you can have if you take the console,if you like just drop through and tax what you want off my ta23 that has gone to god,

cheers
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Smokey228's RA23 Celica Sun, 11 December 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh nice, pm me a number and ill come round and have a look at some things, i need a few things, a bonnet if its better than mine even Razz
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: Smokey228's RA23 Celica Mon, 12 December 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokey228 wrote on Sun, 11 December 2005 21:49

this is wat i picked up last night.

-new front bumper, perfect nic...
-new rock bash plate? sumfin like dat, goes underneath front bumper...
-new handbrake Smile can finally stop the car properly.
-new boot latch, old one broke sum how :S
-new chrome strip to cover rear window, one of them was missing.
-new dash pad. very very good condition...
-celica badge i was missing.

whoah, thats ridiculous! where did you go to get all of that stuff in one night? hook us up...but nah ur car looks like a good buy and you're restoring it well.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Smokey228's RA23 Celica Mon, 12 December 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got all the parts off CoronaC. none of them are actualy brand new but, they are off his car...

but they are close enough to new. like bumper was immaculate, dash jus needs a clean...
im so happy with it all. ill get some pics of them, either b4 i put em on or once i got them on...

hey how hard is it to get that front bumper lined up with the indicator and bonnet?
also, how do i make the boot line up properly? i cant seem to make it line up better...
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Smokey228's RA23 Celica Mon, 12 December 2005 12:16 Go to previous message
double post Sad

[Updated on: Mon, 12 December 2005 12:17]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P
Next Topic:yellow ra28 i brought off ebay
Goto Forum: