Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Please Help!!! ST-162 Alternator?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RavnuZ
Regular

February 2005
Please Help!!! ST-162 Alternator? Mon, 28 November 2005 04:41 Go to next message
hey everyone!!!

im in need of urgent help ... ive got a Celica 86 ... bought it from TRD162 (ADRIAN) ... according to him it waz jus a faulty starter motor but now im thinking otherwise.

(1) Initially,sometimes it didnt start when i turned the key in the ignition.

(2) Then the other day the battery jus died while i was driving ... i jumpstarted it but it died in 2 mins

(3) Same night i got a new battery ... 10 mins of driving and it started dieing too ... the power guage stays in the middle and jumps around everytime im indicating a turn or rolling the windows Razz

I tried going to a mechanic today but had to turn back as it waz showing signs of dieing on the road again.

Could it be the Alternator or wat??? Please help ... ive gone through 2 batteries Sad

Oz!

[Updated on: Mon, 28 November 2005 04:42]

Send a private message to this user    
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Please Help!!! ST-162 Alternator? Mon, 28 November 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Ravnuz! did i just buy a black celica off you? pretty sure it was you.

Anyway to your question, if you just buaght a new battery and it only lasted 10 mins, well i doubt it's the alternator or the battery.

But it definetly sounds electrical related to me. Perhaps the starter motor is one problem (checked the conenctions to the battery and the starter motor are tight and making good connection?)

Could be fuel related too, but then you mentioned the guage acting funny, so it really sounds like a dodgy electrical issue. Check all your usual suspects like earths, and dodgy connections to things like the igniter etc. Also while the car is running move wires around and see if you can reveal anything.

i don't think checking the error codes will reveal anything, but can't hurt i spose.

oh yeah if you have a multimeter, check the voltage on your battery, then start teh car (if possible) and check the voltage again, if it's higher then before your alt is probably ok.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 November 2005 07:54]

RavnuZ
Regular

February 2005
Re: Please Help!!! ST-162 Alternator? Mon, 28 November 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the help dingaling!

yea u got the black celica off me ... its been ages since ive come online ... read bout the accident u had with the crane DamNNN!!! so howz it goin now? and wtf they sent u the wrong halfcut ??? how duz ne1 screw up like dat???

the other guyz say it might the alternator but ill check all the things u listed too.

Thanks again mate!

Oz!
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Please Help!!! ST-162 Alternator? Mon, 28 November 2005 11:34 Go to previous message
hehe yeah dropped that black celica's engine onto itself, dam tractor crane. Gonaa give it a new set of rings as number 1 cylinder had low compression which explains the slight misfire when cold. But a good buy still!!

But back to the thread, it could well be the alternator somehow.

But with a fresh new battery, even with the alternator not working you would get more then 10 mins running off the new battery. Friends st162 did just that, and whent for a few days i believe on a new battery and dead alternator.

Do you have any sort of warning/charge light on the dash lit up?

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Who has a 4agte?
Next Topic:windscreen wiper problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:28:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061779022216797 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.