Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
icon4.gif  canberra bush fires Sat, 18 January 2003 13:43 Go to next message
hope that everyone is safe and sound...
and that no one has lost a house or pet.

stay safe everyone
  Send a private message to this user    
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: canberra bush fires Sun, 19 January 2003 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One thing that I though was amazing is the amount of ppl who came to offer food and drinks or clothing to help out the firies or those ppl who have been evacuated. It was great we had hundreds come with Bags of drinks and huge platers of food. Hopefully this kind of generosity won't stop and will continue as long as it is needed.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: canberra bush fires Mon, 20 January 2003 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just checking in, I'm fine, little toasted around the edges, but, OK.
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon4.gif  Re: canberra bush fires Mon, 20 January 2003 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just in case anyone hasn't heard Northsiders Should take all measures to protect their homes for the weather forecasts for tomorrow (Tuesday) and maybe for the next week. High temperatures and Strong North Westerly winds Blowing the Fire Back Into the Belconnen area have been fore casted. Anyone who lives in areas backing on to bush or in a bush land area should take extra care. Prepare your homes early don't leave it to the last minute when it would be to late.
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: canberra bush fires Wed, 22 January 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just came back from my Girlfriends house in Kambah and Holly Shit I had no idea how bad these fires where or how close it was to doing more damage then it did!!!!

You guys are extreamly LUCKY and to anyone who wants to blame the firies for a poor effort take alook around and see what they were up against! In my books they did an excelent job keeping us as safe as possible.
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: canberra bush fires Wed, 22 January 2003 22:55 Go to previous message
I got caught in fisher about a hundred meters or so from the fireball that ripped through kambah and it was touch and go for a while there. Kind of freeky when theres no sun at 4.30 in the arvo and you cant see the hand in front of your face.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Engine conversions in tassie for TA22
Next Topic:Canberran's to Mt Druit for Dyno Day 19JAN
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:19:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053699016571045 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.