Toymods » Tech & Conversions » need help with head unit installation

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
instigator
Occasional Poster

September 2005
need help with head unit installation Fri, 02 December 2005 06:25 Go to next message
i have a 2000 model celica, and i got a DEH-P8450MP (pioneer) head unit, i'd like to install that in my car but theres one problem, icant find out a way to get the stock headunit out, anyone know??? Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Fri, 02 December 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bring on the crow bar..

i dont own a 2000 model but generally try and pull off as much of the dash around the head unit as possible. and look for any screws on the side that might be holding it in

unless it likes my freinds VX SS commodore. where it has an inbuilt CD player in the dash that wasnt desgined to come out. he's had a seperate one with 6 stacker installed under it.
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Fri, 02 December 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agree with the above, rip of as much shit as u car - least its a 2000 mod. it gets harder on older cars which have brittle plastics
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Fri, 02 December 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but dont newer cars have better design's to stop theft?
Princey
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Fri, 02 December 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just look at the dash and find screws that hold it together and then you can find out what you need to reomve to get access to it
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Fri, 02 December 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u really think an 2005 model holden barina/ mit lancer has a more secure deck then a 2003 model merc or a 1990 modle bmw, security doesnt mean more panels to remove or more clamps/brackets - what about security codes in head units - car alamrs, better door locks. or maybe they just use shitty factory head units that arnt worth stealing
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Fri, 02 December 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
touche
instigator
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Fri, 02 December 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah ok fair enough, i thot there was somthing special like putting to metal plates on the sides and it'll come out, but i guess i got some ripping out to do!!
love ke70
Regular

September 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Sun, 04 December 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with those 2 little metal plate thingys, if u look at your new head unit it probably has a case of metal with all different holes and stuff through it, this slides over the outside of the headunit and covers about the front half of the unit (did with the my p5750 anyway) and to remove that little shell bit you use the two little metal doodaas
but usually u dont need to remove this case as its what u attach the bracket to, to mount the headunit in the car
hope this makes sense.
but yeah to remove POS factory headunit you need to pull away lotsa trim and find the mounting for the headunit.
g/l and try not to break too much Wink
~andrew~
instigator
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Sun, 04 December 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha yeh i finally got it dun, wasnt fun at all, and i didnt break anything, ive scratched some tho whihc freakin pissin me off bad, but nah thanx for all the help guys Wink
instigator
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Tue, 06 December 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm ive got another problem now........ after doing everything and having the system workign fine.... i had 2 wired left that i didnt need..... and later on ive realised that my clock and mirrors dont work?????any ideas any1???
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Tue, 06 December 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do you mean by you had 2 wires left over...these wires from the head unit plug or do they come from the car somewhere. think you've disconnected something you shouldn't have
instigator
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Tue, 06 December 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 wires from the plug that goes in the stock unit
pluto55
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Tue, 06 December 2005 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A before ya go tearing it all apart check the Fuse box the Razz sound like they could be on the one fuse.. i could be wrong but think my Camry did a fuse with the same two items clock & mirror's

Then before ya tear it all apart again buzz arround spin some bullshit until ya get ta talk to one of the install guys
unless u or someone knows someone, who installs maybe give a call around could be a easy fix or ask a dealer(last resort)..

either that or go for it just a matter of trial and error. do ya have a test light or multi meter makes the job easier

good luck
instigator
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Wed, 07 December 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i checked the fuses they all seem to be fine, ive also tested the 2 wires with a multimeter and theres noting coming out of them, so i guess i might go and ask an installer to see if he knows anything about it, i thot id ask here coz maybe some1 would have put a headunit in their celica and got the same problem!!
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Wed, 07 December 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok,

Clock will most often be wired into the dimmer circuit, which factory head units often are, but many aftermarket units do not have a facility for this.

In saying that, wiring is usually parallel so that when one thing fails, all doesnt. Sometimes lil things like clocks & radios are same circuit. If one of the wires is for this, it should have a voltage when accessories AND headlights are on. Try that.

Mirrors got me fucked mate.

instigator
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Wed, 07 December 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i just did that now, and theres no voltage across them at all!!.. this is pissing me off right now!! i think i'll have to see if i can get some information from a toyota dealer or an installer
pluto55
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Wed, 07 December 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep hey mate, not a fuse, not any voltage at all.. does the book tell you anything i still think fuse but a.. i swear in my camry i remember the clock was out and the mirror's didn't work..
Yer buzz around if ya still got problem in a week PM me i kinda know the dude a JB who installed my system maybe i could run it by him but hes not there all the time.. prob better buzz toyota maybe ya may get lucky find out what it is.

instigator
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Wed, 07 December 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i just ran thro all the fuses again, and theres one that was out, i swopped it with one that isnt out and ti didnt work, but ive ordered one in, should have it in my car tomorw, i'll see how that goes but i dont think its gona make any diffrence, but i'll let you know how it goes!!, i also asked the guy at toyota were i ordered the fuse in if i can have a look at the wiring diagram for the mirrors and the clock and see wat i can do from there, and he said thats fine with him, but i'll see wat happens tomorw with the new fuse! and will let you updated, and thanx for your help guys Smile
instigator
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: need help with head unit installation Wed, 07 December 2005 11:08 Go to previous message
ok all dun!! lol found that a freakin hidden fuse in the dash that was gone!!, all fixed now, thanx for all the help guys
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22 antenna
Next Topic:gen1 3s-ge oil pressure sensor: where is it???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:13:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005850076675415 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.