Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » AW11 turbo manifold, also suit fwd 4A

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mullett
Occasional Poster

July 2004
AW11 turbo manifold, also suit fwd 4A Sun, 04 December 2005 10:45 Go to next message
Made this manifold for my AW11, but I've decided not to go ahead with it all. Manifold has never been fitted, is in perfect condition. Has T25 style flange on at the moment, I can supply a T3 flange with it if someone wants it. I'm asking $600 ono, plus postage from perth if applicable. I think I can get it airbagged for about $20. Not much else to add, feel free to ask questions. It's made from 5mm steam pipe, and the flanges have both been faced.
Images below:

Attachment: aw11gtemani1.jpg
(Size: 34.94KB, Downloaded 296 time(s))
Attachment: aw11gtemani2.jpg
(Size: 41.33KB, Downloaded 165 time(s))

[Updated on: Sat, 10 December 2005 10:39]

Send a private message to this user    
Mullett
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: AW11 turbo manifold, also suit rwd/fwd 4A Tue, 06 December 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump...someone out there has to want this?
agp2002
Regular

May 2005
Re: AW11 turbo manifold, also suit rwd/fwd 4A Wed, 07 December 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think you will what yout want for it, as i got for $700 a custom high mount stainless one, which is also tuned length.

Might want to reconsider your asking price.

Iain
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: AW11 turbo manifold, also suit rwd/fwd 4A Wed, 07 December 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks a bit ghetto for the asking price... especially the tube design.

especially considering this just sold on ebay a few hours ago (and theres another one on there.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-TOYOTA-4A-GTE-4A-GE-AE8 6-MANIFOLD-T3-T4-TURBO-KIT_W0QQitemZ4595006374QQca tegoryZ72478QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Mullett
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: AW11 turbo manifold, also suit rwd/fwd 4A Thu, 08 December 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not really sure what these things are worth, but the welds are proffessional standard, the tube design is so that it can clear the oil filter and other crud like that...etc. I could paint it, and it'd look 10times better, but it's going to burn off in ten seconds and smell terrible. There's an awful amount of work in one of these things, far more than a stainless one (which I can do if anyone wants one), because the pipe is so thick. There's butting the joints, , joining the tubes...etc.

If someone wants to make a reasonable offer, it won't be refused.

RM.
caibs
Occasional Poster

January 2005
what?
Re: AW11 turbo manifold, also suit rwd/fwd 4A Thu, 08 December 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$50.
Mullett
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: AW11 turbo manifold, also suit rwd/fwd 4A Fri, 09 December 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll ignore that. By the way, this is not an ae86 manifold (although it would work well as one), it's designed for an AW11, which has a much tighter engine bay.

RM.
caibs
Occasional Poster

January 2005
what?
Re: AW11 turbo manifold, also suit rwd/fwd 4A Fri, 09 December 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seriously, its only worth about $50.

the quality of the welds may be nice and dandy but look at the design of the thing, 'ghetto' is an understatement.
Mullett
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: AW11 turbo manifold, also suit rwd/fwd 4A Sat, 10 December 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, feel free to pick holes in the design, I'd be interested to hear it. There isn't much you can change on it, there's not much room. The only other design I've seen has the #1 and #4 cylinders 'T' into each other behind the down pipe, and then feed straight across and into it. That's why mine is where it is, smooth flow.
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: AW11 turbo manifold, also suit rwd/fwd 4A Sat, 10 December 2005 10:42 Go to previous message
in this modern age we still cant rule out time wasting thread flamers. buy it or not, quit talking sh!t.

this manifold is a direct replica of Carl Crawford's from speedsource.net which is copied from the long-out-of-production HKS manifold that was of limited release. so i suggest if you have any "constructive criticism" direct it to Japan and quit wasting the bandwidth of this server.

Mullet has used MY OWN jig to make this, this manifold design has brought an aw11gte 208hp at 10psi on a t25g with great driveability.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Lexus 1UZ AFM with adj screw (for 7mgte fuel adjustment)
Next Topic:early corolla aisan twin carbs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:57:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048868656158447 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.