Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » New Project..not toyota, something Italian.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Mon, 05 December 2005 11:59 Go to next message
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/koffee-black/sidebambino.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/koffee-black/motorbambino.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/koffee-black/frontbambino.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/koffee-black/bootbambino.jpg

Dont know what we are going to do with it, but it definatley needs a bit more balls. What is a bolt in option for it?

Ohh its a Fiat 500. The Clown car hehe.
  Send a private message to this user    
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Mon, 05 December 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a red nose

rainbow stripes

some ballons for that air compressor looking thing
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Mon, 05 December 2005 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"wildsupra" put a 1.3 litre starlet turbo motor into a mini.

many MANY people said it couldnt be done.

Might be a good place to start your bit of research Smile

Eldar.O.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Mon, 05 December 2005 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put an R1 motor in it Very Happy
aaaaah
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Mon, 05 December 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, it definately needs a bike motor in it Surprised

Gixxerfiat anyone? Evil or Very Mad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Mon, 05 December 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 07:28

probably the cheapest option but my mates dad has a whole fleet of these things and one of them was quite highly worked, bored and stroked, high comp pistons, some nice porting, twin carbs, cam, valve springs...the whole lot

ran a compression of about 11:1 and revved close to 8500 he reckons it made nearly 100hp which isnt bad for a motor of its size, never got to go in it but following it up gorge road it was VERY hard to catch, even with my 1JZ
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Tue, 06 December 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think this is the same car as on Everybody loves Raymond when Robert has to drive it and his head stick out the sunroof Laughing
Looks like a lot of fun Cool
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Tue, 06 December 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont see many of these in australia, but you see a few in italy Smile
i think the easiest conversion would be a motorbike engine, mmm GSXR1300 Very Happy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Tue, 06 December 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah and do something about the brakes, these things have terrible brakes Wink
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Tue, 06 December 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 01:49

"wildsupra" put a 1.3 litre starlet turbo motor into a mini.

many MANY people said it couldnt be done.

Eldar.O.

Well that just means that there's many MANY stupid or uneducated people out there because the Starlet -> Mini conversion is quite common.

Other common conversions for minis are Honda City turbo, Honda twin-cam VVTi, MG Metro Turbo, Rover v8... etc.

The Fiat 500 will be harder because there will be less people who know about them than with minis. I've had a soft spot for the 500's for a while now but ended up buying a mini because they've got more power and there's lots of aftermarket support.

Good luck and i'll be watching this thread with interest. Smile
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Wed, 07 December 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 07:47

probably the cheapest option but my mates dad has a whole fleet of these things and one of them was quite highly worked, bored and stroked, high comp pistons, some nice porting, twin carbs, cam, valve springs...the whole lot

ran a compression of about 11:1 and revved close to 8500 he reckons it made nearly 100hp which isnt bad for a motor of its size, never got to go in it but following it up gorge road it was VERY hard to catch, even with my 1JZ

nearly 100 hp in a bike that produces 158 rwhp (180 at engine) stock?

Buh?

Copy of Yamahas press release.
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/2004/146_04_yamaha _r1_engine1/
Dyno Chart.
http://www.sportrider.com/features/146-0406-r1-dyn o-1a-zoom.gif

the last few models of the R1 have all had a power to weight ratio of 1:1, i dont know how many models this goes back though.

Eldar.O.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Wed, 07 December 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he was talking about working the stock motor Eldaro Wink
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Wed, 07 December 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 18:25

Buh?

Dyno Chart.

the last few models of the R1 have all had a power to weight ratio of 1:1, i dont know how many models this goes back though.

Eldar.O.

re-read, whackyourself in the nuts with a wet fish, re-read again Razz
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Thu, 08 December 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 17:55

Buh?

Dyno Chart.

Eldar.O.

The uber worked Fiat probably produces more torque though Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Thu, 08 December 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probably not cos they have a smaller engine than the R1 Wink
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Thu, 08 December 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More cylinders i am guessing tho rona Wink
aaaaah
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Thu, 08 December 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who needs torque when you've got a really light car and it sounds like a bike Surprised
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Thu, 08 December 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.carsfromitaly.com/fiat/index.html

R1 had 110Nm of torque back when it had 150hp can't find torque specs on the current engine but now having 183hp i'd be tipping it'd be a tad higher.
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Fri, 09 December 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 21:16

The Fiat 500 will be harder because there will be less people who know about them than with minis. I've had a soft spot for the 500's for a while now but ended up buying a mini because they've got more power and there's lots of aftermarket support.

Its not really what you know about a car, or who you know. Its how good you are with a welder and a grinder (or how much money you have to pay someone that is good)

I cant see why you cant install a midmount v8 with a ZF transaxle and a seat in the front luggage compartment, apart from it being utterly outrageous

Point is, use your imagination, and a grinder and a welder Very Happy
Endless
Regular

October 2004
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Fri, 09 December 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAhaahaha that has potential to be a fuckin' mean machine -

13bt - nuff said! Cool
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Fri, 09 December 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gearb0x wrote on Fri, 09 December 2005 10:37

Its not really what you know about a car, or who you know. Its how good you are with a welder and a grinder (or how much money you have to pay someone that is good)

I cant see why you cant install a midmount v8 with a ZF transaxle and a seat in the front luggage compartment, apart from it being utterly outrageous

Point is, use your imagination, and a grinder and a welder Very Happy

Endless wrote on Fri, 09 December 2005 12:49

13bt - nuff said! Cool

Problem solvered...
This I gotta see! Very Happy

Damo
TRD 83
Machiavelli
Regular

September 2004
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Sat, 10 December 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fun little cars.
top speed af about 100 or so. on a good down hill 130 is easy as.
best part is taking corners in em at full speed. haha does it quite easily.
but as some one said watch out for those brakes and also the suspension.
4 wheel drums and the front uses shocks only and rears use spings only. would be a pain 2 lower it and keep it a smooth ride.
a close mate of mine had one was sooooo much fun untill it did 2.5 rolls over a medium strip and slid on its roof into a gutter with 3 ppl in the car. didnt do much damage suprisingly. haha was easy to flip a 500 odd kilo car bak onto its roof.

Niko.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Sat, 10 December 2005 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Endless wrote on Fri, 09 December 2005 15:49

13bt - nuff said! Cool

NO WAY 1UZFTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111oneoneeleveN
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Sun, 11 December 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
needs 18s Razz

she has potential!!!, i seen one last year roofless, bright yellow and what looked like to be turbo. oh and it had something hanging out the back that resembled the winding thingo on them old skool toys. and itd spin when the car was driving!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Project..not toyota, something Italian. Sun, 11 December 2005 22:21 Go to previous message
I think the all important question is how many drunk mates have you managed to fit into it Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged.
Next Topic:leso's ra23 new pics...and one for simon...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:36:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005695104598999 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.