Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
TA22 antenna Tue, 06 December 2005 01:07 Go to next message
Hi guys,

I've check the 'search" function, looking for antenna postings but couldn't find any that offers detail on fixing the TA22 antenna.

So I'm posting it here to ask if there is any aftermarket electric antenna that fits a TA22 (original posiition @ the fender). I don't mind buying them new or ripping the antenna out from a car scrapyard. My original TA22 antenna is unusable as the rod is broken to 2.

Any ideas guys? Thanks!
  Send a private message to this user    
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: TA22 antenna Tue, 06 December 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Er....help guys?? Embarassed
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TA22 antenna Tue, 06 December 2005 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate i bought an eleectronic retractable antenna from JB hi-fi. fits perfect in the fender/guard...

the only issue was that the plastic drain pipe in the guard was in the way... what i did was heat the plastic a bit and bend it out of the way...

other than that, the bracket for the motor fits perfectly to the little metal piece under the guard with the welded nut on it

after that the other issue was just setting it up so that the antenna at full length was straight but that wasnt hard either just fiddly (not sure on spelling Confused )
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: TA22 antenna Tue, 06 December 2005 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow! That would be sweet to see the antenna working again! How much dicha pay for the antenna mate?

I almost given up hope on the original antenna and thought of using either those bee sting antenna or the antenna patch on the windscreen....Now, I think of getting the JB antenna. Thanks for the tip mate.

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TA22 antenna Tue, 06 December 2005 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate to be honest cant remember what it cost me... ill go there today and find out the brand name, model number and the price. just give me till tonightish to get back to you...

also i noticed your in malaysia, so not sure if they have a JB hi-fi store over there Smile but im sure we can work something out if you got no luck over your area...
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: TA22 antenna Tue, 06 December 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for helping me out mate. I've noticed that the 1990s nissan sentra (Don't know what they call it in Australia) have the similar antenna stub (when the antenna is retracted) to the TA22. I was tempted of using the nissan antenna as replacement. However, I have question of long would the original TA22 antenna would go when fully extended?

Surprised
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: TA22 antenna Wed, 07 December 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate sorry to say that i didnt have the time today to check for you. also im bout to head out right now for a business trip for the rest of the week...

if your in no rush for this then ill find out as soon as i get back and let you know...

cheers
48xmax
Regular

July 2005
Re: TA22 antenna Wed, 07 December 2005 16:08 Go to previous message
no worry and no hurry mate. thanks for helping out. Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGE Overheating while driving!Causes?
Next Topic:need help with head unit installation
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 13:11:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041449069976807 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.