Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » EP82 Starlet GT boost problems (boost drop)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR-2
Regular

September 2004
EP82 Starlet GT boost problems (boost drop) Tue, 06 December 2005 07:28 Go to next message
anyone help me?

got an ep82 starlet gt with 4e-fte. have an 2.5inch dump pipe, full hks exhaust, hks air filter and GFB bleed valve.

having problems with boost, boost comes up to about 8psi in 1st gear then drops to about 5psi as rpm increases after around 4-5000rpm, then 2nd gear goes up to about 9psi and same happens and 3rd 11psi and drops

if someone could help me that would be good?
asked many mechanics in SA and not much luck.

im sure there is someone on here smarter then these mechanics.....
  Send a private message to this user    
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: EP82 Starlet GT boost problems (boost drop) Tue, 06 December 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take the bleed valve off and see what happens, then can move from there, how are you reading boost pressure, wastegate could be tired etc etc
MR-2
Regular

September 2004
Re: EP82 Starlet GT boost problems (boost drop) Tue, 06 December 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the turbo has been replaced recently cause the old one had a crack on the exhaust turbo housing where the wastegate flap thing opens.

ye was thinking of doing that and seeing what happens..when i take it off, the bleed valve is brand new aswell.

reading it from a boost gauge but ill double check where it is connected too.

do you have to bypass the standard boost controller solenoid??

also could there be a problem with the standard blow off valve?
i blocked off the pipe before and the vaccum line that goes out of it and it helped a lil, ( boost pressure dropped a bit when it spiked and didnt drop as much i think it only dropped to 6 psi, but still dropping atleast 3psi in every gear, which doesnt seem right)
MR-2
Regular

September 2004
Re: EP82 Starlet GT boost problems (boost drop) Tue, 06 December 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you know of any articles or pictures about installing a bleed valve/boost controller??
MR-2
Regular

September 2004
Re: EP82 Starlet GT boost problems (boost drop) Thu, 08 December 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate how are ya

i took off the bleed valve and it still doesnt hold boost
do you think it could be the actuator?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EP82 Starlet GT boost problems (boost drop) Thu, 08 December 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's most likely just the turbo being so small. Although you have a better exhaust, most factory cars I've seen do it. My mates GZ20 Soarer will hit 9spi, but is lucky to be pulling 6psi at redline.
MR-2
Regular

September 2004
Re: EP82 Starlet GT boost problems (boost drop) Fri, 09 December 2005 23:35 Go to previous message
ye it just doesnt feel right
my mate used to have a gt starlet before and his held boost fine and he even had a standard exhaust
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:F20C into AE86
Next Topic:4agze twin coil ----> individual coils over plugs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:35:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050101280212402 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.