Toymods » Tech & Conversions » How to pull apart a CT20 - pics included

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DEFWSH
Occasional Poster

September 2005
How to pull apart a CT20 - pics included Wed, 07 December 2005 07:26 Go to next message
My CT20 off my 3tgte is poked,heaps of radial play in the bearings/shaft + leaking oil seals,this is the first time iv taken one apart and need a little help from all u experts out there,the pics below show how far iv got,so.....how do i split the center bearing section from the turbine valute/housing,ive removed the compressor wheel but not the turbine wheel(i dont have to do i?) + removed the internal circlip behind the turbine wheel but she wont part,wats the secret? Confused

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/Nastyeighto/08e0270d.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/Nastyeighto/28e952d9.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
Newcomer

October 2004
Re: How to pull apart a CT20 - pics included Thu, 08 December 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From my very limited experience with turbos - the housings should both come apart if all the circlips have been removed. May need the use of a very big bar to lever it off due to the burnt up gunk that glues them together. Bear in mind that i have never played with a ct20 though, only a mitsu tc05.
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: How to pull apart a CT20 - pics included Sun, 11 December 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought you needed some very specialized and acurate tools to work on turbo rebuilds??
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How to pull apart a CT20 - pics included Mon, 12 December 2005 11:30 Go to previous message
mix up a large bucket of 50% kero and 50% petrol, sit turbo in said bucket, come back once a day and hit the exhaust housing with a resin/hard plastic faced hammer and place it back in the bucket... couple of days should see it parted.... hopefully!

for now i would put the compressor side back together to stop the exhaust wheel floating around when your belting the shit out of it
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EMS computer can anyone identify this one
Next Topic:really quick one... RE GA70 slave cyclinder
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:18:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052170753479004 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.