Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Australian Design Rules - Exhaust Clearance

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
icon5.gif  Australian Design Rules - Exhaust Clearance Mon, 12 December 2005 12:43 Go to next message
After my inspection today I was given a work order for my exhaust system. My exhaust pipe work does not maintain a minimum 40mm clearance from my fuel tank. So I was wondering if someone could give me the relivant ADR to check if I can overcome this by putting asbestos insulation tape around the pipe in the offending region. Of course I could ring the DPI about this but im not too sure im gonna get an intelligent answer Rolling Eyes

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Australian Design Rules - Exhaust Clearance Mon, 12 December 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much is it missing by?? couple of mm or alot.

couldnt you just wedge something between the fuel tank and exhaust pipes to jam it over a couple of mm, just for the compliance check?
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Australian Design Rules - Exhaust Clearance Tue, 13 December 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
petrol tank meet mr Mallet
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Australian Design Rules - Exhaust Clearance Tue, 13 December 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugman wrote on Tue, 13 December 2005 08:17

petrol tank meet mr Mallet

haha wish it was that easy. It's actually the flange of the fuel tank where they join the two halves thats causing me problems.

Comn someone must ahve a copy of the rules, I believe it may be in ADR 17 or 42???
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Australian Design Rules - Exhaust Clearance Tue, 13 December 2005 03:49 Go to previous message
Got it all cleared up. The inspector read the rules wrong, metal exhaust pipe to metal fuel tank is 25mm, he read it as metal exhaust pipe to metal fuel line 40mm Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Electric cars....
Next Topic:Replacing shocks
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:38:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046441555023193 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.