Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
nath437
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 01:02 Go to next message
awoke this morning and decided that i'd check the levels on my car(st-162 celica), and to my surprize some bogans had stolen my tyer pressure caps(you know those little screw on caps were you put air into the tyers). anyway its not the first time that somthing has happened to my car, and everytime its been not long after i've washed it so its all nice and shinny.

In the almost 2yrs that i've owned the car its been a victom of several eggings(has now got chipped paint on the rear spolier thing, front divers mirror, and the bump strip on the drivers rear 1/4 pannel has a crack in it).

i've been looking to upgrade soon to an sw-20 mr2(within 2months all going well Wink ) but its got me thinking that i realy shouldnt do it as i have no doubt that the car will become more of a target!

i believe that in my area you can compare bogans to magpies on the basis that 1. they both like shinny things 2. they run away when you walk outside.

anyways, sorry bout the long post guys.

nath
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe put up a scarecrow?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garage your car.
I've never had a problem with people targeting my car. The guy accross the road who owns a nice black SW20 (very good paint) hasn't ever had a problem, and he doesn't garage it.

Perhaps try moving?
nath437
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nark
hahaha scarecrow! Laughing
thats awsome but i doubt that it would last long tho...

Shraka
yeah unfortuantely dads got his car in there and we have 2 other cars in the drive way and yeah unfortuantely i'm usualy the last home at night so yeah... :S
i'm still living with my parents at the moment as i'm just a poor tafe student at the moment but some day i'll get there! Cool
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps get one of those car covers? Not only will it protect your car from eggings, bird crap etc, it'll also be an "out of sight, out of mind" kinda thing. Then again, someone might deliberatly go for it 'cuz of the cover. Razz

Get a car alarm and immob. Or set up a dummy in the passenger seat and make it look like a dude sleeping in the car. Smile It'll act as a scarecrow.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about a shiny bling bling gangster style scarecrow, that way that will get taxed before anything on yer car! in fact the scarecrow and the bogan might become friends seeing as they share an almost identical level of intelligence
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe a scarecrow but make it a chromecrow might save ya issue...

dumb bogans have a thing for shinny things.. so if u have a chrome bling bling niggah g scarecrow it might help ur problem.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
h3ff44 wrote on Tue, 13 December 2005 14:06

maybe a scarecrow but make it a chromecrow might save ya issue...

dumb bogans have a thing for shinny things.. so if u have a chrome bling bling niggah g scarecrow it might help ur problem.

u just basically repeated me Razz
Eighty-6^
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your caps would have been stolen by bmxer/mountain bike riders thay love those silver ones people used to do it alot around my area.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could just be local kids as well, when holidaying up in Yamba ours were stolen off our camry, went to repco the guy said the kids in the local aboriginal settlement have tackle boxes full of them and they just go and knock them off as a challenge to see who can collect the most.
Eighty-6^
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no corona im right your allways wrong ...allways Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 13 December 2005 03:43]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eighty-6^ wrote on Tue, 13 December 2005 14:23

no corona i'm right you're always wrong ...always Laughing

Really Razz
Eighty-6^
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damit Embarassed you got me
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. buy some more even SHINNER ones
2. run a 240v current to each of your 4 wheels.
3. ???
4. profit/no more stolen caps
Eighty-6^
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was just going to suggest you stab the next person who does it and leave the body as warning to the next person who comes along but your plan may also work
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hang them up like a roll royce bonnet badge
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stop washing your car.

Thats my tactic and it works a treat. No one has tried to break into it because it looks like shit.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe yer onto something here SupraPete u could sell a product
Anti-Theft Wash, basically contains ingredients which gives your car a shit dull non attractive descreet look which will make sure u can slip by those ghetto fools un noticed!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys are genii... Geniuses?? Err... Not bogans.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bogans and shinny things Tue, 13 December 2005 04:46 Go to previous message
Just move out of the projects/ghettos and you will not have to worry about bogans ever again Very Happy

Shinny = x

Shiny = Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Matt and Jack on the couch!
Next Topic:i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:13:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058369636535645 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.