Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Tue, 21 January 2003 12:04 Go to next message
WHEN: Saturday, 25th January (this weekend! Smile).
WHERE: Thornleigh Maccas at 9:00AM.
DESTINATION: Terrigal for a fish & chip lunch, then The Entrance for ice-cream.
WHY: What do you mean why, we don't need a reason to cruise!

9am meet at Thornleigh Maccas, leave there & head to Berowra at about 9:20.

10am meet opposite the old Heavy Vehicle Checking station at Berowra (this is on Pacific Hwy where it runs onto the F3). Talk the usual B.S.

10:30am leave via the old Pac Hwy to the sunny central coast, when we get to Kariong we will take a Right onto Woy Woy Rd.
(be a little wary as there is a speed camera on this stretch).
Re-group at the Phegans Bay lookout, (on the left side of the road)(meet with the C Coast contingent here at about 11:15 -11:30?) Cruise in thru Woy Woy and take the Scenic Hwy to Terrigal.

Park at the Haven (this is the carpark at the Skillion).

Walk to Terrigal for fish and chips (or any of the many eats avail).

This should occupy us until about 2-2:30 pm where we will cruise on up to the Entrance for some cold rock ice cream (afternoon tea for the sweet tooths among us).

After this we can all go our separate ways, or for those still keen, we can continue over to Tuggerah Shopping centre, where there is Cinemas, a Lone Star and Hog's Breath cafe for dinner.

Bring your CBs, & tune 'em to ch 16.

Keep an eye on this thread for updates......

[Updated on: Mon, 27 January 2003 02:11]

Send a private message to this user    
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Thu, 23 January 2003 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should be meeting you all at Phegans Bay lookout.

I'll be there at about 11:00-11:15am.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Thu, 23 January 2003 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigWorm wrote on Tue, 21 January 2003 23:04

[b]
WHY: What do you mean why, we don't need a reason to cruise!

I would like an explanation please Joel. Razz Laughing
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Thu, 23 January 2003 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please note that the lookout is called "Staples Lookout" not Phegans Bay Lookout. It is on the Left side of Woy Woy Rd (coming from Kariong) approx 2.5 to 3K from the Lights.

See you there!
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Thu, 23 January 2003 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there!! Smile
We will meet you at 10am meet opposite the old Heavy Vehicle Checking station at Berowra (this is on Pacific Hwy where it runs onto the F3). Talk the usual B.S.

Can someone give me the UBD ref no. and map no. please!!!

See you all there Smile
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Thu, 23 January 2003 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh well woulda liked to have come along but I promised to go out with my gf instead(kinda forgot... Very Happy ). I guess thats not so bad Laughing Nah its all good, sorry I cant make it guys.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 January 2003 12:12]

Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Fri, 24 January 2003 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any of the Wollongong/Sutherland people want to meet and cruise together again?

8am at the Menai Auto One/Pizza Hut sound ok?

Cheers,
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Fri, 24 January 2003 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would but im stayn at my girlies house in hornsby Razz

means i can get up a little later to meet at thornleigh Very Happy
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Fri, 24 January 2003 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cant come either, gotta work.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Mon, 27 January 2003 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What a day for a cruise, it couldn't have been much better.
Thanks to the organisation that's put into our cruises these days, the day went off without any problems. A few of us met up at thornleigh maccas bright & early, with a strong contingent of celicas present, which really pissed me off seeing as I was driving the Cressida! (Mine should be back on the road this week sometime! :)Smile) Fortunately the cressidas had some new suspension put in it, & doesn't boat around like the QE2 anymre.
Anyway, we made it up to the truck stop in berowra ok, where Jason gave us all our directions & maps, and headed off at about 11.
After we got clear of all the smoke coming from the fires near brooklyn, it became quite a nice scenic drive, there's actually quite alot to see when you're travelling at a sensible pace!
We stopped at Staples lookout to regroup & meet up with some of the Newcastle boys, and proceeded to totally clear the place out of tourists. Are we really that scary?
Continuing on into Woy Woy, we made a breif stop at a servo so we could all stock up on the necessaries. I got totally chocked out by one of those solid choc cone drumsticks, probably not the best ice-cream to pick on a 35 degree day.....
So we continued on to Terrigal, taking some really nice roads, & after a quick lap of the main block we parked at the Haven(?), where we stood around taking pictures & yarning for a little while.
We had fish & chips at the little shop there (jeez those chips wern't the best) and then walked into Terrigal for some cold rock icecream.
Once we were fat & bloated, we wandered back to our cars where we shot the shit for a little longer & eventually headed off on our seperate ways. Some of us came home along the freeway while a couple of us went back along the old pac, a road the cressida's gonna get to know alot better.

Big thanks to Jason & blue Joel (I'm now known as orange Joel) for planning the route & organising a well enjoyed day.
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Mon, 27 January 2003 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When alainve and i left back for newie we decided to take the old pacific the whole way back Smile. it was good drive,cool as we where near the ocean most of the time! our old cars dont have aircon and are painted Mattblack Sad
It was a very good day and also the first toymods cruise we have been on.I will definetly be at the next one (hopefully in my TA22 this time)

Thanks to everyone that made the day possible
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Mon, 27 January 2003 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FLY!

you were on the cruise?

did you have long hair?
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Mon, 27 January 2003 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep that was me! i was in the my matt black rolla with the fur interior. The car was painted at 8:30pm the night befor as it looked crap in brown with primer patches.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Mon, 27 January 2003 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha ya bastard, you should of said gday.

i was wondering who the goofy looking guy was Razz
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Tue, 28 January 2003 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Toymodders for coming and making this cruise not only a worthwhile and enjoyable event, but to make it successful one. It is really great to see so many modified (and willing to be modified) Toyotas cruising the streets.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Tue, 28 January 2003 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let us know how you go against GRKTOY YelloRolla Laughing

i think the highlight of the day was the Learner Mirage with the pagola off the back window geting into a nice conversation with the police Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 28 January 2003 04:45]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Tue, 28 January 2003 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks all for the great day/cruise! Looking forward to the next one..

Hey anyone with a digital camera get some photos? Haven't seen any yet!

Cheers
Joel
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Tue, 28 January 2003 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod took some at the beach.

i unfortunately left my memory stick at home when i took mine Mad
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Tue, 28 January 2003 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I have a few, I gotta put up them & my dyno day pics.
Gimme some more time! Smile
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Tue, 28 January 2003 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arggg... the pain of it all...
It was a really great cruise,,, many thanx to the organisers... the only bad thing was I go sooo burnt... I am still red like a tomoto.
well that... and I didn't take my swimmers.... how hot was it???
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Tue, 28 January 2003 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What car were you in HSV gal ?

and it got pretty hot. Only had my air con put in few days prior Smile
Ronin
Regular

May 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Wed, 29 January 2003 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounded like a good run, I considered coming despite my grievance towards Double Demerits (Revenue Raising).
I ended up going car shopping with baby bro instead, he now has a red corolla and once he gets his P's will probably join the Toymods red and white rolla army. Smile
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Wed, 29 January 2003 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ronin:cool more recruits Smile
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Wed, 29 January 2003 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil Jack. I think that the YelloRolla vs GRKTOY will be a one sided battle. Twisted Evil If and when I will post it in the War Stories.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Wed, 29 January 2003 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is a few pics :

http://users.tpg.com.au/helenftz/pictures.html
Ronin
Regular

May 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Wed, 29 January 2003 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28: Got any pictures other than Celica's?
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Wed, 29 January 2003 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have some of the Soarers ! Rolling Eyes
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Wed, 29 January 2003 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got some photos i just have to put them on the computer!
I took photos of all the cars at the lookout when we cleared it out!!! Laughing Laughing
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend! Tue, 04 February 2003 01:40 Go to previous message
Hey guys, can you send your photos to me?
toymods@nark.is-a-geek.com

I'll put them up on our gallery.

http://www.toymods.org.au/cgi-bin/photo/index.cgi? mode=view&album=/Events/20030125+Terrigal+Crui se
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:January Terrigal Cruise
Next Topic:Whens the next MEGACRUISE??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:15:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007498025894165 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.