Toymods » General Car Talk » CSi Ltd vs SX/GTi for 4AGZE swap

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE92_Hatzi
Regular

May 2002

icon5.gif  CSi Ltd vs SX/GTi for 4AGZE swap Sat, 08 June 2002 13:38 Go to next message
Question I want to put a 4AGZE into a AE92 corolla hatch (not liftback seca). Besides the motor, gearbox and brakes being different on an SX/GTi model to the CSi Ltd what else is different:?: SX/GTi corollas are few and far between in Darwin so I want to know what I will miss out on if I don't get a SX/GTi. At the moment I drive a CSi Ltd corolla.

Don't be shy Embarassed tell me what u think.

Hatzi Smiley =
  Send a private message to this user    
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: CSi Ltd vs SX/GTi for 4AGZE swap Sun, 09 June 2002 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great car mate Wink

i have asked a similar question here. basically there are alot of costs involved with the conversion if u are not willing/able to do the work yourself. i had quotes for the full conversion ranging from 4000-6000 dollars.

are there many jap performance wreckers in ur area??
SXer
Regular

May 2002
Re: CSi Ltd vs SX/GTi for 4AGZE swap Tue, 11 June 2002 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try to start with a car that has EFI. Otherwise you will need to re-work the fuel system. (An EFI car will need a bigger pump for a gze but at least the lines and tank will be OK).

Apart from that the SX/GTi has a nicer dash with oil pressure, battery voltage and a whizzy tacho. Its pretty well laid out. You might want to install one of these.

Depending on if you care about looks or not then the SX/GTi has a few minor add-ons. rear hatch spoiler, front splitter bar and nice painted bumpers. I'm not sure if the suspension is any different. I've got a '90 SX and I've never compared it to a standard rolla.

cheers,
monty
GTI16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: CSi Ltd vs SX/GTi for 4AGZE swap Tue, 11 June 2002 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The SX/GTi also come with different suspension, bigger brakes and better interior than the CSi Ltd,
AE92_Hatzi
Regular

May 2002

Re: CSi Ltd vs SX/GTi for 4AGZE swap Tue, 11 June 2002 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTI16V how different is the suspension on the SX models? Question

Besides those things it is basically the same. I will be doing most of the work myself as my mate said it is pretty straight forward if you have a front cut (he and a mate converted a GTi in brisbane in a few days with a front cut}.

Most of the things mentioned above will be swapped for aftermarket items ie brakes, suspension and spoilers. Interior will also get a make over like import dash and seats or something.

So depeding on how different suspension is then? Smiley =
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: CSi Ltd vs SX/GTi for 4AGZE swap Tue, 11 June 2002 12:56 Go to previous message
SXer wrote on Tue, 11 June 2002 5:48 PM

Try to start with a car that has EFI. Otherwise you will need to re-work the fuel system. (An EFI car will need a bigger pump for a gze but at least the lines and tank will be OK).

cheers,
monty

the csi ltd is efi
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Big car alarm upgrade/replacement?
Next Topic:Whats wrong with this pic
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 4 10:01:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041499137878418 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.