Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

icon14.gif  Toymods Paintball Team Sun, 09 June 2002 04:31 Go to next message
hi all!

as some of you know i have become quite addicted to the sport of paintball...
its an absolutely awesome game and i play every chance i can get.

the sport has a low profile in australia and in some circles a bad reputation... but those of you that have played it know how unjustified that is.

i'm ultra keen to bring new players into the sport and thought it might be fun to enter a Team Toymods into a friendly 5-man tourney.

i've already had some interest from people so if you've played before and might be keen to join a team for a 'one-off' tournament let me know.

if there is enough interest it could become more long-term.

i currently play in a 7-man professional team in which the competition is quite tough... but the 5-man series is much more relaxed and fun with plenty of new teams (so we would suck in good company Razz)

more details can be found here...

http://www.actionpaintball.com.au/supair.html#5

i am playing in the next 5-man tourney on Team Jedi-Knights...(hehehe)
Date:Saturday 22/June/2002 - 9am start (finishes around 3pm)
(Action Paintball, Cnr of Annangrove & Edwards Rd, Rouse Hill)

so if you're around and want to heckle me feel free!

there is a viewing area next to the carpark so its very easy to spectate.

the date of the tourney after that will be Saturday 21/September/2002 and thats the date i'd be keen to enter a Toymods team.

anyway let me know if you might be interested... in the meantime encourage your friends to try the sport... and i'll try and organise a social game soon which would be a good time to come out and play if you haven't before.

paintball rocks!

Smile

ps. even tho its called 5-man plenty of women play too and they generally kick arse!

[Updated on: Tue, 11 June 2002 04:29]

Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: OT: Paintball Tourney Sun, 09 June 2002 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danny,

ive played p/b a number of times before, and whilst i absolutely loved every moment of it, i found the $200 i'd spend on a day a little prohibative.

how do the costs of actual cometition compare to the 'amateur' days i wouldve been playing?

also, ive read that the use of semi automatic weapons is being phased out in australia post port arthur. is that true? yarramundi still runs semi autos, but i think that is because they had them before the introduction of the laws, and whilst they are allowed to maintain them, they cant replace them.

is it possible to buy and use semi autos for cometition purposes?

i'd be keen to have a go at this if its not too expensive, and i can run an auto. $$$$ spent on a pump action just doesnt do it for me hehehe

cheers
ed
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: OT: Paintball Tourney Sun, 09 June 2002 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yes i gotta admit paintball ain't cheap

playing in tourneys makes the paint you buy alot cheap (wholesale prices) but the catch is you usually go through a huge amount!

there is usually an entry fee as well. the 5-man tourneys are more fun and the entry fee is pretty low and u generally use alot less paint than in a pro-series.

yes... the semi-auto laws in nsw are crap and it is ridiculous that they apply to paintball.

plans are afoot and hopefully some changes to the law will be forthcoming.

you are absolutely right about fields... if they had semis before the law was passed they can keep/maintain them but not add more to their licence.

again these laws may be changing in the near future... to reflect laws in some other states.

markers (guns) are always available for hire from a field... private ownership is prohibited for semis but if you have a good relationship with a field (as most pro teams do) the field can 'own' your marker and store it for your personal use.

drop in to a tourney and check it out Smile

DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: OT: Paintball Tourney Tue, 11 June 2002 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've had a few people interested so far which is great... let me know.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods Paintball Team Tue, 11 June 2002 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
might try and drop by, will chek my busy schedule...

funnily enough, am going to ring a paintball place tomorrow about a referee position they advertised for on the weekends "i can do that!"

cheers
ed
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Toymods Paintball Team Wed, 12 June 2002 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool... reffing can be great fun but also frustrating...

let me know how you go and i can give you a low-down on the company if needed

Smile
GT4_Steve
Regular

June 2002

Re: Toymods Paintball Team /Helensburgh???? Wed, 12 June 2002 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think paintballing is great! expensive yes.
What makes it good is when you have players who know what they are doing and work together.

I played not too long ago at Action Paintball and was asked to hang around for some tourney action but I drove and the others didn't want to hang around (..and I was scared hahahaha nah!)
Action Paintball is not bad a spot. Anyone played Helensburgh???

Perhaps we can have a one off paintball day, pump-action only!, so the action is more intense and in your face. The semi-autos are crap for beginners as far as the fun factor goes. Too many people just sit behind a barrier and play paintwaste all day. Pump-action keeps people on the move.

My mate and sis have their birthdays 17th/21st Sep Sad(((
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Toymods Paintball Team /Helensburgh???? Wed, 12 June 2002 12:26 Go to previous message
yeah steve we were thinking of organising a non-official toymods paintball day.

helensburgh was a good choice for the victoria guys (long trip tho) and the guys in the gong.

hope you'll be up for that one.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what muffler is good for 100kw?
Next Topic:Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 19:23:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055141448974609 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.