Toymods » General Car Talk » Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Mon, 10 June 2002 11:55 Go to next message
Did anyone watch the Today Tonight report on the Gold Coast illegal street racing? I had a chuckle that the main offending car was a Ford XR8.
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Mon, 10 June 2002 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We've already had a thread on this...
And as I said in the last thread, dont knock the Fords Evil or Very Mad

Oh, and it was actually a T-Series!
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Mon, 10 June 2002 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, we don't knock fords. We just outright blatently ridicule them. Rolling
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Mon, 10 June 2002 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dont get me started.
strutto
Regular

May 2002
icon8.gif  Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Mon, 10 June 2002 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As a local Gold Coast boy, this all hits pretty close to home. Nope Hell, I've seen it all first hand...

I won't rant and rave either way (I'll leave it to others) suffice to say that I don't think this event has helped either party involved (Police/Media or Car Enthusiasts) Mad

If your interested to know what is going on with the people involved have a look here:

http://pub95.ezboard.com/fbroadwatercarclubfrm1.sh owMessageRange?topicID=371.topic&start=1&s top=20

It's a pretty shit forum but the thread has only been alive for 5 hours and its up to 80+ posts already.

Just thought you all might like to know...
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon7.gif  Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Mon, 10 June 2002 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they cant have been car enthusiast's, cause enthusiast's dont act like c*ckheads when driving, especially when there's a camera arround. shane, can you remember the one about ford spelt backwards Grin
D river
R eturns
O n
F oot.
hehe
strutto
Regular

May 2002
Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Mon, 10 June 2002 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Mon, 10 June 2002 11:50 PM

they cant have been car enthusiast's, cause enthusiast's dont act like c*ckheads when driving, especially when there's a camera arround.

Yep, agreed. BUT the actions of a couple of c*ckheads are gunna hurt the reputations of the real car enthusiasts like you and me.

The point I was making was that the cops are gunna be real hard asses down here from now on to anyone with rims and an exhaust. And us car enthusiasts with rims and an exhaust are gunna end up disrespecting/resenting the cops because of it.

Just my $0.02...
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Mon, 10 June 2002 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wink true! i'm even thinking i should take out my stereo and put a am/fm radio in it. and if it all gets to bad i'll just have to drive the sherpa!
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Mon, 10 June 2002 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's why the way to go I believe with the current state of affairs is with a sleeper. Damn media has been pushing it to this for a long time. Now it's gotten to where it is, you can't have a decent looking car anymore. Damn riceboys are to blame too. If only the cops picked on the civic's and the crapcels we would all be in a better world.

EDIT: And not to mention the law and thieves. Can't have any good 'show bits' anymore either, or they get flogged. Sorry, off topic, but it is really annoying.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 June 2002 23:09]

Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Mon, 10 June 2002 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWIW I'm seriously thinking about taking all the spoilers off my car, and putting on a smaller exhaust tip.
It'll still have the mags, but will look pretty dull.

Just for a decade or so ....
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Mon, 10 June 2002 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Go stealth mobiles !
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Tue, 11 June 2002 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the stealth topic...My car is THE stealth machine.
Bog Standard KE70 XX on the outside (even down to the crappy 13" rims - that will change when I buy crostek's wheels) but a nice 4AGE inside.

Doesn't even rate a glance from...well...anyone!

As for the morons depicted by that crappy show, they deserve whatever they get. 200+ on ANY public street is simply asking for it! Trouble is, most of these characters cannot drive to their vehicles' abilities (such as they are), yet they're the first ones to stand around bawling and wondering where their life went when they kill some innocent by-stander (driver?)

I for one want to change the way speed, among other things, is policed in this country. For that I need support! Articles like that one won't exactly help the cause!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Wed, 12 June 2002 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, they might kill someone like that silly biatch in the celica soft-top... "I was scared for my life Cry " What a crock...
he he he...
ae82gt
Occasional Poster

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Wed, 12 June 2002 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go street sleepers
Completly stock looking ae82 twincam, no twincam16 stickers, the original shitty toyota alloys and a few choice engine mods.
nobody looks twice until u beat it past them at warpspeed
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Wed, 12 June 2002 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

That's why the way to go I believe with the current state of affairs is with a sleeper.

Or you could go the other way... Full Group A Rally Car, with War Paint and Battle scares... which basically State's to the Ricers... PISS OFF!! YOU ARE GOING TO LOSEEvil or Very Mad .... I love taking my car for a nice cruize now and then. Even the cops leave you alone, unless they just want a closer look and ask some friendly questions. Most times more or less along the lines of how does it go. Grin
yatesie
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Wed, 12 June 2002 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah..... that doco does give car people a bad name. It seems as if these people would rather get $125 speeding fines than join a car club and get their CAMS... but i suppose.... then they will find out that they really arnt very good drivers.... ive had my fair share of run ins with the police, for various reasons (non too serious like powersliding around huge roundabouts in middle of night, and blocking off a local mountain in middle of night for hill climbs..)... although illegal.. its not unsafe.... but doing 200+kph on any road with on comming traffic is insane.... im never one for speeding... cos i know that very few otehr people on the road are race car drivers.

Although i havnt been pulled over yet for a random (roadworthy or otherwise), im waiting for it though. My road car looks liek shite.. goes alright but has a good sound.. extractors.. 2.5inch straight through.

These hoons are giving most of us a shocking name, in the not so distant future, if your a male, under 50yo and driving on a road at night, you will be pulled up.

I dont really see a prob with accelerating hard to the speed limit, but its when people exceed the speed limit that things will probably go pear shaped
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Wed, 12 June 2002 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i dont wanna sound like a party pooper but your blocking off mountain roads for hillclimbs? its not the smartest thing in the world but atleast if you stuff up your only gonna hurt yourself not the public.
yatesie
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Wed, 12 June 2002 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah.. tis not the nicest thing to do.. but even when we block them off.. no one ever comes close to comming up.. its selfish.. but alot safer than when road is open.. and its daytime...

weve only done it 2 times anyhow...

yatesie
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Today Tonight Sting - illegal Street Racing Wed, 12 June 2002 12:12 Go to previous message
and it was mainly to run in new engines for our race car(S)

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toymods Paintball Team
Next Topic:Fibreglass guards
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 11:47:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065929889678955 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.