Toymods » Cruises and Events » GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
birdofprey
Regular

June 2002
GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Tue, 11 June 2002 10:10 Go to next message
Pretty keen to get some of the boys (and girls if there are any) together this Sunday, and see some of the high powered and nice cars in the group.

Who's up for some action and where do we find some riceboys to play with (this comment not intended in a sexual manner although if you wish to, that is your porogitive.)
I want to see my $4,000 Supra Evil or Very Mad piece of shit kill an $80,000 Smiley $$ riced up Honda.

Penrith
City
Parra / Wetherill Park Drags
Coast
Gong

So who and where is it to be?
I wouldn't mind Coast actually.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 June 2002 12:18]

Send a private message to this user    
birdofprey
Regular

June 2002
Re: who's keen for cruising this Saturday Night. Tue, 11 June 2002 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ALAS....re : LOW11S post

Maybe we can meet up with LOW11S if we go coast, and see him run LOW11S in his mum's stock 81' datsun sunny.
MMOOOOHHHHHAAAAAAA>>>>>

No seriously
What does he drive and what does it do?
Who is your daddy and what does he do?

[Updated on: Tue, 11 June 2002 10:57]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: who's keen for cruising this Saturday Night. Tue, 11 June 2002 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be pretty keen with a cruise to the city... Maybe to Bondi, The Rocks and about... I'd just have to find a car to go in... What are ur thoughts???
Bounty
Regular

May 2002

Re: who's keen for cruising this Saturday Night. Wed, 12 June 2002 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm sounds good to me, wouldnt mind a bit of action hehehe
i got a radar detector Evil or Very Mad

Re: who's keen for cruising this Saturday Night. Wed, 12 June 2002 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys You gotta go north !!

come up the coast!!

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: who's keen for cruising this Saturday Night. Wed, 12 June 2002 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm cool with going up to the coast... It only took me 1/2 hour last time... Radar detectors are good
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
birdofprey
Regular

June 2002
Re: who's keen for cruising this Saturday Night. Wed, 12 June 2002 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe We Can Gtech and maybe do it during the day on Sunday.
Toyo3t has a gtech and we can find a 100 zone near the coast without too much trouble+it will be interesting to see what I can do in the Supra.
We need some quick cars.
Who's coming?????? Up To Something
birdofprey
Regular

June 2002
Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Wed, 12 June 2002 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also PUTTPUTT is on that night so we can hit it on the way back.
The coast is not far!!
birdofprey
Regular

June 2002
Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Wed, 12 June 2002 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speedhump
birdofprey
Regular

June 2002
Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Fri, 14 June 2002 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm assuming that you have all given up and don't want to come?
Can't match 7MGTE power? Evil or Very Mad
OK!

[Updated on: Fri, 14 June 2002 04:38]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Fri, 14 June 2002 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it definately on? I should be able to make it.. Seeing I live 2mins from Skillion Smile

Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Sat, 15 June 2002 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm REALLY busy with work but if a few people post up I will rock on down, I'm about 1/2 hour away.

thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Sat, 15 June 2002 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

don't want to come?
Can't match 7MGTE power?

Been there, done that Smile What was it last time... 4 car lengths at 100kph Wink?? Razz

Luke
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Sat, 15 June 2002 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll probably be rocking up that direction with some mates some time tomorrow.. (NFI where this Skillion thing is though!).

We're planning on meeting at Thornleigh maccas around 11 or so tomorrow morning. At the moment it looks like:
1 x Corolla GTi
1 x Pulsar GTi-R
(possibly)
1 x Integra Type-R
and anyone else who's keen.

If anyone's interested in meeting up down Sydney end, just rock up tomorrow morning around 11. Should give us time to find this Skillion thingy by 12 noon. Smile
birdofprey
Regular

June 2002
Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Sat, 15 June 2002 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah!
give me some traction, an auto, and the new gearbox I just put in and it may be a little more competitive. hehehe
+ a flat road would help.
I wouldn't call that the final battle. No No No
birdofprey
Regular

June 2002
Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Sat, 15 June 2002 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there a gtech available from someone.
TOYO3T are you bringing one if you are coming?

[Updated on: Sat, 15 June 2002 10:31]

Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Sat, 15 June 2002 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HA , and I was gunna ditch youse all for the run with Tim and the GTiR down the old road.
now it seems it'll end up the same cruise.

it will take a littlelonger to get out to the skillion from thornleigh via ophway than 1 hour so I f we are late then just chill.

I was gunna see how much work I get done , I'll be calling Tim to hook up part way down the old road.

Matt

[Updated on: Sat, 15 June 2002 12:41] by Moderator

Seadog
Regular

May 2002
Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Sat, 15 June 2002 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Macca's @ 11!
Be there or wear a skivvy!
I'll try and make it, if I see you on the way down I'll chuck a Uie and catch up Wink

Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Sun, 16 June 2002 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had a great day today, thanks for coming up guys.

After meting at Mooney Mooney ( or however the f__ its spelled), we had a run up the Old road, too much traffic to really get gowing but still enough to make my brakes stinky!!

Down Woy Woy Rd. too much traffic

up Wagstaff hill. too much debris, from the wind storm that had just passed.

There was a few hairy moments coming rond bends to find cars on the wrong side of the road going around fallen branches etc.

and down to terrigal where we got our heads blown off.

Someone mentioned the g-tech so OF COURSE we went back to my place and run the following times "in my backyard".

(it was a bit hard to get the u-turn in around the clothsline but the smaller cars had no troubles.)

Matt JZA70

5.8 0-100
13.98 @174.3 400M
(both done with Lucid in the car)

Paul Corolla GTi
8.53 0-100
16.58 @ 143 400M
(done two up with me in the car !)

And everyone else understandably woosed out, there was lots of traffic and other cars there dragging, overall a bit dodgy.

Paul now holds the toyota powered na class record for My g-tech.

Anyone esle out there reckon they can beat it ??

Mick did you have BHG probs ?? or get bored waiting for us, sorry , we were have too much fun to get there by 12.

Still havent seen the SOOOOPRA!

Matt

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Sun, 16 June 2002 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wooh! what an awesome time it was today!! Nod Nod

met up at Thornleigh maccas (a tad after 11.. was my fault Embarassed ) and did the obligatory wait around for a bit longer thing before we started to head up. cars in convoy at this stage were:
Lucid (me!) - Corolla GTi
Seadog - KE(i think)20?
Tony - Integra Type-R
Tim - Pulsar GTi-R
Another dude - Pulsar GTi-R
" " - SW20 MR2
(Apologies for my bad recollection of names!!)

Trying to match Seadog's speed up the Old Rd was damn near impossible! that little old 'rolla had some amazing speed through the corners!!

We met up with Matt (TOYO3T) & his girlfriend in his Supra a little further up the Hwy (you guys will have to forgive me - it's like the 3rd time i've met her and i still don't know her name!! Nope ) and from there i was trying to play catchup to the mighty 1J the rest of the way... (taking some corners at 20-30 km/h faster than on my previous trips up there and i still found him disappearing out of sight!)

After dodging debris all over the road and copping a nice big scrape along the roof of my car from a falling branch we finally made it up to Terrigal, only to find it too windy to stand around so we headed over to Erina Maccas to eat & chat about cars without getting blown into the ocean! Meanwhile we picked up another few cars in the way of:
thenarc - 180SX
Another dude - Sprinter
" " - Bluebird SSS (Once again - apologies for the lack of names!)
Unfortunately it did take us ages to get up to Terrigal, so apologies to anyone who wasn't able to wait around for us.

After driving around for a bit more and stopping at the sideof the road for a while hehehe i headed back home via the Freeway..

Thanks to everyone who came along and I'm sure you all had as good a time as i did. Smile

A few photos to be online soon Smile

-- Damn Matt - You beat me to it! --

[Updated on: Sun, 16 June 2002 08:44]

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Sun, 16 June 2002 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok all - Piccies from today are online here:
http://www.luc1d.net/cruises/160602/page1.html

These were taken late in the day, when we were all parked in Matt's backyard Wink. Apologies i didn't get more pictures (especially some action shots!!). I'll have to get my hands on a digital video camera for one of these cruises and post some of the footage up! Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 16 June 2002 10:33]

Seadog
Regular

May 2002
Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Sun, 16 June 2002 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, it was a bit of fun!
I just wish there wasn't so much traffic!
The other guys were Youngie in the "turd" Sprinter, Greg (aka Gumby) in the Bluebird, and John in the MR2.

We'll have to do it again sometime, hopefully when there aren't as many cars on the road so we can stretch our legs a bit more. Good to put faces to names etc. and sorry I woosed on the G-tech runs but I've done it before and my times ranged from 19.2 down to 18.7 so not very exciting. But me and youngie had a couple of good runs, really close. But if his car keeps improving at it's current rate we might all have to get used to looking at the ass end of the turd!
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Mon, 17 June 2002 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must have missed everyone Sad waited down at the Skillion until just before 1pm. What time did everyone get there?

Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Mon, 17 June 2002 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Joel, I didn't have your number or I would have called.
We got there about 1.30, and didn't hang around long due to the weather.

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Mon, 17 June 2002 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhhhhhh

i missed it!!! damn... I wanted to have another gtech too! Sad

Gotta beat my 16.9 time... Ant pauls 16.5 Very Happy

Matt, next time ya organise one, could you gimme a msg if i dont see it on here ! Smile

Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: GTECH>COAST>THIS SUNDAY>MEET AT SKILLION>12PM Mon, 17 June 2002 11:50 Go to previous message
Hi guys,

Yes Turd Sprinters are a new force in the sprinter life.... Rolling Anyway it was good fun even if the wait for the GTR boys proved to be pointless as they were two busy looking at one another.

Hi Lucid, nice shots. Hi Toyo.

Cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Weight Watchers Cruise: RESULTS
Next Topic:September 8th Harbour Cruise
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:35:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054240226745605 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.