Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » Who in canberra is going to the nationals?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jezz
Regular

January 2003
icon5.gif  Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Mon, 17 February 2003 03:15 Go to next message
Who's going to the toyota nationals in dubbo anybody want to convoy??? if so post a reply so every body knows whats going on. Shocked
  Send a private message to this user    
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Mon, 17 February 2003 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this just a celica thing, could a big sloppy soarer join in? Nod Nod
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Mon, 17 February 2003 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all brothers of the toyota faith are welcome Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Mon, 17 February 2003 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's right. I am on the organising committe and cna confirm that all TOYOTA's are welcome. Catch is your car MUST be powered by a piston engine. No Rotaties! Sorry about that, but is the rules.

benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Mon, 17 February 2003 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mighty ST162 White lightning (Soon to be black thunder) will lead teh CCG convoy all the way!!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Mon, 17 February 2003 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA23 right behind you, heading straight to motorkana Evil or Very Mad
jezz
Regular

January 2003
icon4.gif  Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Mon, 17 February 2003 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey chris!

well looks like im bringing up the rear Embarassed we need to organize a meeting place, time and day also see if we can't get some more people in this convoy theres nothing like showing up in style
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Mon, 17 February 2003 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well previded that my little 18rc can make i'll be there...

Would be even better if I had my new engine by then but thats just wishful thinking.
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Mon, 17 February 2003 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have not seen my car so don't worry to much if you know anybody else who is going to the nationals feel free to invite them. (I'm organizing this so if my car brakes down at least i can get a tow Very Happy )
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 18 February 2003 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon it'll be something like at the gateway servo sometime in the morning... but we got plenty of time to organize... we might have to look into getting some of them hand held cb radios or something
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 18 February 2003 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good already i have a short distance cb 5 km range any body else got one if not there like seventy to a hundread bucks at dick smith and tandy (i should know i used to work at tandy)
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 18 February 2003 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome, ill have to pick on up.. pretty handy thing if someone gets lost or something, or has to get fuel, or wat ever.
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 18 February 2003 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,

I have a range of goodies that need to be transported to the Nationals. As the date gets closer I would like people to think about what room they have in their cars so I can offload some of this stuff. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 18 February 2003 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depending on size and wieght i dont really mind too much... as long as i got enough room for amandas ... ehhhhh.... crap
jezz
Regular

January 2003
icon10.gif  Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 18 February 2003 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HA! Don't let her hear that. Did you manage to fix the or replace the head gasket in her car?? Razz
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 18 February 2003 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waiting on them to finnish the job, so they can give us the bill... not happy jan Nope
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 18 February 2003 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enough do you know any one else apart from the guys who have posted who want to convoy?? (convoy is cool as dude) gotta convoy were you with us for the 2001 skyfire convoy?? i can't remember?
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 18 February 2003 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude werent you and lizz in the back of the skyline while we were cruizin at like 170???

jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 18 February 2003 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought that was moderation day Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
thats when you and callum were all over the island doing circle work (the middle of the parkway) skyfire was when callum got yelled at and threatned cause he nearly ran over a kid and all those leather clad bikies were pushing him round (i think so was getting intoxicated)
jezz
Regular

January 2003
icon5.gif  Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Wed, 19 February 2003 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How many members are there in the ACT???
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Thu, 20 February 2003 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah a bunch of Celicas (AND a Soarer) convoying into town will be awesome. Its gotta be loud once we get to Dubbo though guys!
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Thu, 20 February 2003 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And Phil I'm foldin the back seats down so fill my car with as much crap as you like! as long as i can still get up the hills in 5th, that is
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Fri, 21 February 2003 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last time I checked we had around 60 members in Canberra (not all active). I will take Chris and Ben up on the offers to take some of the gear for me. Any more hands up please, we can chat a bit more on 26 Feb.

Thanks guys and gals.

celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Fri, 21 February 2003 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last time I checked we had around 60 members in Canberra (not all active). I will take Chris and Ben up on the offers to take some of the gear for me. Any more hands up please, we can chat a bit more on 26 Feb.

Thanks guys and gals.

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Fri, 21 February 2003 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If my cars on the road i will be in convoy with bells on. I wont have a real lot of boot space because of the sub but there will be some room will chat next wed.
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Mon, 24 February 2003 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err when is it ? and how many days does it take to drive to dubbo Laughing ?
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Mon, 24 February 2003 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uhmmmm. 0.208 days.

It's a 5 hour drive, mate
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Mon, 24 February 2003 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i guess we better get organizing this thing then aye....
if the event starts on saterday, i guess we leave friday because of the 5 hours it takes to get there...
and come back on monday??

and meet at gateway servo at like... say 9 am?

just some ball park figures
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Mon, 24 February 2003 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok first of all the trip is 4 hours thanks to a little scouting i did on the weekend theres also (thanks to a shortcut) about half way in to the trip about ten to fifteen km's of no speed limit road and yes it is sign posted as a no speed limit road its in ok condition but me and a mate talk to a local and he said he is the only one using most of it and thats a 6 o'clock in the morning and 6 o'clock at night so its a free for all fella's, also there is a rather cheap but good quality caravan park were i stayed on the weekend pretty cheap and they have really good security (full high fencing around the park and patrolled by security) anything else you need to know post a reply or pm me

Cheers

Jeremy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 25 February 2003 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeremy?
are you entering??

and and A NO SPEED LIMIT ZONE??

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?????
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 25 February 2003 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've already lost 6 points in one offence. i think i'll stick to the limit.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 25 February 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhhhh but if there is no speed limit... on this perticular road.......

mmmmmmmmmm speed o rama
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 25 February 2003 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just got off the phone to a guy i know in the nsw RTA and he says yes it is a no speed limit zone as marked by them with the legal indicating of a sign displaying a black circle with a line through it the only speed limit for the intire road is a bridge which is a forty zone no speed limit otherwise. Don't know if i am going to enter at least not with my car but if i buy stu's car on the weekend i might, and guess what i got a new sports exuast on mine cause the exuast fell off on the way back to canberra (and i mean the entire thing from engine to rear of car i sounded like a truck crossed with a harley)

Jeremy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 25 February 2003 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

chris hives exhaust broke right before the resinator once....

sounded very..... interesting to say the least.

i might be picking up my car this weekend as well...

depending on money... i only owe like 350 on it now. but amanda keeps bugging me about the bloody Ja rule concert! hope fully ill be able to pay for the car... the fuel in jimmys truck, the trailer, the tickets, the rent... and the bills... but i really doubt it,

you goin to the suspension place 2morrow with the CCG??
if so where bouts you work?
wat time you goin?
would you be able to pick me up from woden on the way thru? possibly? you know you wanna!!!! lol
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 25 February 2003 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unluckey for you i work in fishlick but i will pick you up if you want were's your work???
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 25 February 2003 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
right in woden
at health and aging

ummmm how about you pick us up in front of the movies
ill have to get back to you before i leave work to let you know wat time i finnish 2morrow.

thanks heaps i appreciate this
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 25 February 2003 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its all good dude if i pick you up at least we will both look crap in my rust bucket ( now with 100% more exhaust) but yeah sms me tomorrow with when you finish work so as i can pick you up
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 25 February 2003 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm i finnish work at 5 today.

i dont have any credit left so ill just meet you in front of the movies at like 5:05 or something,
silversup
Regular

December 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 25 February 2003 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok someone tell me exactly where this stretch of road is? and how long is it? I know you said it is in ok condition, but in your experience/opinion do you know if it is flat enough for high speed about 230 upwards........... Smile
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Tue, 25 February 2003 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not really marked so much on many maps but it is about 15 to 20 km's long? rough guess, i doubt it would be the best place for an F1 race but i think it should suit your needs the group can always find the best straight and then have some fun?? Evil or Very Mad if every one can get a handle on a cb it would help a lot. Can't remember where the road is exactly but i know how to get there Very Happy
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Wed, 26 February 2003 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I spoke to the NSW Polilce today and they informed me the circle with a line running through it means:

Resume to the National state speed limit. That means 100 kph.

The only state/territory that has no speed restrictions is NT.

If you wish to be that stupid to drive above the speed limit around Easter, with double demerit points available, go for it. I for one will be laughing in your face. However, I would not be encouraging other to be as foolish as this is one way to loose friends.

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Wed, 26 February 2003 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well that makes a lot more sense.

jeremy, i now finnish at like...4:20..

they keep fuckin about with the roster...

is that still okay with you???.
if its not then ill be more than happy to wait about until 5 pm
jezz
Regular

January 2003
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Wed, 26 February 2003 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
phil is most certantly right rang the rta guy back today and the reply was "oh im sorry i could have sworn you said you were in the northern territory" a very lame excuse for him to cover his ass thank god for phil will be bringing all my questions to him in the future Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Thu, 27 February 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3 Cheers for Phil!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Who in canberra is going to the nationals? Thu, 27 February 2003 22:56 Go to previous message
HIP HIP

HOORAY!!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:anyone selling their rolla?
Next Topic:WA converters?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 06:42:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010174989700317 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.