Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Today's Posts (OFF) | Unanswered Posts (ON)

Forum: Tech & Conversions
 Topic: 32-36 Weber setup on 2T-C???
Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
32-36 Weber setup on 2T-C??? Mon, 17 February 2003 08:57 Go to next message
I know this has probably been covered here many times but..
the information is scattered and hard to find.
ive got a lightly worked 2T-C with a 32-36 weber and i cant find a base setup around for changing the jets, emulsion tubes, and venturies. all i know is an early model with no pollution gear and its jets are main-135 ans secondary-140. it seems to run very rich at this setting so all im looking for is anyone running a weber who knows their settings to list what they know about their setting and any tuning tips.
  Send a private message to this user    
 Topic: another supercharging question.....
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
another supercharging question..... Tue, 18 February 2003 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, been looking at the famous TIM FROST set up on his boosted 2tgeu. and noticed that he had the throttle body after the supercharger.....( filter-s/c-tb-plenum ) I'm assuming it can work like this, but I have been messaging someone here on the forums who has set one up with the throttle body before the supercharger.... ( filter-tb-s/c-plenum )

what is the easier setup? cos I was thinking with moving the tb you would have to have longer TPS wiring and also get longer accelerator cable too.....
I was planning on running the supercharger before the TB so would it need a bov to vent the boosted air after the throttle closes for that quick second or so at gearchange.... even though the clutch on the supercharger will be switched off there would still be a biot of boosted air wouldn't there ?!
if none of this makes any sence then I'll explain more later, have just came home from a long day....

Brendon
 Topic: 5S-FE varieties????
Grob
Occasional Poster

February 2003
5S-FE varieties???? Tue, 18 February 2003 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been looking for a ST184 Celica (90-93) for a while, and have noticed that 1990 Celica have a less attractive throttle body compared to the throttle bodies in the 91, 92 & 93 Celica's. The better looking throttle body has something like TVIS 2200 graphics on the top, and the other just has EFI on the top of it's throttle body. Have these 2 different looking 5S-FE throttle bodies have any difference mechanically? The newer one also looks different in size and a little bigger. The 1990 engine has some red graphics on it and the later model 5S-FE motor are just grey, no red graphics. Are the motors any different mechanically?

cheers guys!
 Topic: 4efte into a TERCEL........
Trdracing11
Newcomer

February 2003

4efte into a TERCEL........ Wed, 19 February 2003 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I own a 1993 Toyota Tercel. I want to swap the 4efte into my TERCEL since it drops right in but the only thing holding me back is the wiring of the motoron my TERCEL. How would I go on swapping it and doing the wiring for it. Can anyone help me out on figuring out how to wire it?

Does anyone know where I can find the Wiring Diagrams for the 4efte?
 Topic: Hilux Diff
Tank
Regular

June 2002

Hilux Diff Wed, 19 February 2003 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey um i heard (and i only heard haven't read this anywhere). That the ST series (eg st141) has the same floor/frame design as the RA series. Is this true Confused

Anyway With your guys who have done the conversion to the hilux diff. Did you have to get the axles or diff housing shorten ? or did it all just bolt up one you got the suspension support welded up?
 Topic: stock 2tgeu ecu and cams-any problems?
t_temperley
Regular

May 2002
icon4.gif  stock 2tgeu ecu and cams-any problems? Wed, 19 February 2003 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im considering EFIing my 2tg, which has warm cams. Would there be any problems with the stock ECU and cams?
thanks
Tom
 Topic: gze box need help
MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
gze box need help Wed, 19 February 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will the gze gearbox ratio be ok for a 4ac or not very practical as i have just aquired one so need to know why /or why not its any good.

cheers brad

[Updated on: Sun, 23 February 2003 05:12]

Topic: Celica brake upgrade
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Celica brake upgrade Thu, 20 February 2003 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

I will be getting hold of a corona avanti sedan in a couple of months and i have heard about the brake upgrade using corona discs and struts. i dont know what model the corona is but it has a 2.4 and vented front discs. Is it possable to do the conversion using this car?

Thanks

Daniel
 Topic: TOYOTA CORONA radio install (not wiring)
Leighp
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon9.gif  TOYOTA CORONA radio install (not wiring) Fri, 21 February 2003 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have asimple problem, my friend wants to take the dash off to put in a CD player, but some screws behind hold on the surrounding plastic covers on the dash. How do we remove it without breaking it?

Cheers
 Topic: Suspension question?
familiagtx
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Suspension question? Fri, 21 February 2003 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry about the same question going around again but i need to know.

Its time for new shocks and springs on my sprinter..

I need something affordable, good performance, comfortable if possible. Its just used for everyday driving and once a blue moon on the track.

what combos do you guys recommend? No adjustables okies..

Shocks
Koni, Whiteline, KYB,

Springs
King springs, Jumbos,

also If you know anyone cheap to get them please give details
im in liverpool sydney

Thanks

Topic: 1GG Intercoolers?
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
1GG Intercoolers? Fri, 21 February 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At this stage, i am just dreaming. I want to upgrade my intercooler from the standard 1GG I/C to the VR4 I/C. What sort of work is required in this conversion and what are the benefits??, I've asked about this before, but still have no clue, Confused any help would be great...
 Topic: 4efte Wiring Diagrams.........
Trdracing11
Newcomer

February 2003

4efte Wiring Diagrams......... Fri, 21 February 2003 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am trying to wire a 4efte into a TERCEL I need the wiring diagrams for the starlet. Can someone hook me up with those?
 Topic: Tips on purchasing an ODB reader.
MtnGoat
Newcomer

February 2003
Tips on purchasing an ODB reader. Fri, 21 February 2003 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm looking into picking up an ODB reader for my 91 4Runner, anyone have any tips on what to expect? What features should I look for?

What else might I need to use it that they won't mention on the box, such as companion books or code info?

Any gotchas I need to be aware of?

Any discussion boards or FAQ's anyone knows of on the web?

Topic: Rims
ae101rKev
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Rims Mon, 24 February 2003 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What rims is a good comfortable size for a corolla. I've see up to 17's, Cool but they would be too expensive Sad and too hard of a ride. I am thinking maybe 15's as a compromise between looks and comfort. How wide could you go with stock guards without stocking out or scraping? I was thinking 6.5inch,,, not sure

Topic: Filter on VTV
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
icon4.gif  Filter on VTV Mon, 24 February 2003 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the filter on the vacuum transmitting valve on my MA61 looks like a little piece of dirty cotton shit stuffed in the end. Confused
it has no resemblance to a nice clean shapely filter as such Sad
n it makes a hissing sucking noise
i really dont know a great deal about this system or its filter so dont tell me off

does any of this sound out of order to anyone?
n thanks in advance
p.s. i hav pics so if any1 wants to take a look, whip us ur email and ill send u the pic.
thanks again

[Updated on: Mon, 24 February 2003 05:50]

Topic: AW11 without skirts
pulcino
Regular

November 2002
icon7.gif  AW11 without skirts Mon, 24 February 2003 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone have any good photos of an aw11 mr2 without the skirts on.Just curiouse.
 Topic: mr2 turbo conversion
mush
Occasional Poster

November 2002
icon6.gif  mr2 turbo conversion Tue, 25 February 2003 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello ppl,

i have a 93 non turbo mr2, and i wana put the 3sgte from a turbo mr2 into it !!! i was wondering if anybody knew a place in melb were i can get this done ??? i was thinking of getting a half cut , so if u know any place who can do such a conversion give us a holla !!!

any help much appreciated
thanks Paul from melb
 Topic: place to do engine conversion??
mush
Occasional Poster

November 2002
place to do engine conversion?? Tue, 25 February 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am wondering if anybody knows any place who can fit a 3sgte into my mr2 !!! i have a 93 model so it already has the 3sge in it!!! easy change i was told but i dont have the time !!!! I live in melb and can have the half cut deliverd. any help would b appreciated thanks !!!

Paul
 Topic: AE101 GZE fuse box
RSSTi
Regular

September 2002
AE101 GZE fuse box Thu, 27 February 2003 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My the printing on my fuse box in the engine bay has come off, can someone take a pic or list (prefer pic) the fuses and relay size and position.

Vic.
 Topic: JDM Gen2 3S-GE power, torque & cam specs
dorikin ichiban
Regular

July 2002
JDM Gen2 3S-GE power, torque & cam specs Thu, 27 February 2003 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know the

max power/rpm
max torque/rpm
duration and lift for intake/exhaust cams

for 89.10-93.10 Gen 2 & 93.10-97.12 Gen 3 JDM motors
 Topic: Thermostat on oil cooler
1jzmx83
Regular

October 2002
Thermostat on oil cooler Thu, 27 February 2003 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do I need to run a thermostat on my oil cooler?
I was told that the oil could get too cold in winter and not heat up properly and cause the motor to cease because of thick cold oil. Is there any thruth in this theory?

I have put the oil cooler before the filter, my theory is that if the cooler every got damaged, any debris would be caught by the filter before entering the motor and destroying things. Any comments?
 Topic: CFM-Aisan Carbies
bd99au
Occasional Poster

February 2003

CFM-Aisan Carbies Fri, 28 February 2003 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying to get some idea of the flow rate for twin Aisan SU type carbies(with factory air cleaner) which were standard equipment on the 4R motors fitted to RT40 1600S Corona's in the mid 60's - yeah I know - bloody long time ago Smile .

I'm plugging some figures into Desktop Dyno (what a great program) to get some of idea of the effects of various engine modifications - the more accurate the input - the more accurate the projected figures ( bearing in mind that it's a simulation).

I have estimated a total flow rate of 150cfm for both carbies, but maybe that is optimistic. The projected HP figures seem reasonable compared to original factory specifications (117bhp @6000rpm, compared to 95bhp @5800 per original specs - a lot of the increase from the cam) - the cfm is the only figure that I really have had to take a guess at. Everthing else is to spec - bore, stroke, cam details, type of head , exhaust sytem etc -

There is a potential to pick up substantial horsepower through improved carburetion and exhaust flow (we've done some tidying up of the combustion chambers, and valve throats as well). I'm just trying to get an accurate baseline for the engine as it is now, using the twin Aisan's.

Any thoughts much appreciated.(BTW this engine is going into a 1969 RT40 Corona which I am rebuiding)

Barry
 Topic: What has the same rear springs as aussie ae 86
Hypo
Regular

November 2002
What has the same rear springs as aussie ae 86 Sat, 01 March 2003 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone know?
 Topic: Brake upgrade for ae82
Matt16v
Regular

I supported Toymods

February 2003
Brake upgrade for ae82 Sun, 02 March 2003 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all,

I have recently purchased an ae82, and changing from an integra to the corolla, i am not happy with the stopping power that the ae has to offer. Being new with corollas, i dont know of any possible upgrades that could be done. Is there any that bolt straight in? or is there anything i could do to improve the standard braking system?

All help is appreciated...

Matt
 Topic: suspension on XT130
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
icon5.gif  suspension on XT130 Tue, 04 March 2003 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know if any other cars have interchangable suspension with an XT130 corona. preferrably a later model car so it would be easier to find some second hand parts. I haven't measured them up yet but i will try and do it tomorrow and post it up.

thanks in advance
chris
 Topic: im getting a microtech LTX abit of help?
sprinterboy4agze
Regular

March 2003
im getting a microtech LTX abit of help? Tue, 04 March 2003 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im getting a microtech LTX series with laptop hookup man now i need a laptop Smile anyway i want to know what do u tell them when your gonna get one i got told u just tell them that u have a 4agze its direct fire ignition u want it programmed for your ze and get the wiring diagram anything else i need to know and tell them?
 Topic: 3TGTE specs
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  3TGTE specs Wed, 05 March 2003 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im wanting to know what the std cam specs for a 3TGTE are..

anyone know??
 Topic: boost controller for 7MGTE
hobbs
Regular

October 2002
boost controller for 7MGTE Wed, 05 March 2003 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,
Just looking around for info on manual boost controllers and found this kit for sale on suprasport.com (http://www.supras.com/sogi/techtips/boost_kit.htm), specially developed for the mk3, with a 'boost regulator' - wtf is this and what does it do? Also, why are is the piping so long? wouldn't this create problems?

Just curious, cause i was considering just going the 't' option from turbosmart cause of the cost difference and ease of installation between that and an electronic controller, opinions?

hobbs
 Topic: 4agze conversion help
black_fox
Occasional Poster

March 2003
4agze conversion help Thu, 06 March 2003 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Was just wondering how much these cost on average (incl the half cut and engineers cert) and if anyone can recommend someond who can do it in the ACT or as close to the ACT as possible (NSW)
 Topic: GZE Nevo Pulley
RSSTi
Regular

September 2002
GZE Nevo Pulley Fri, 07 March 2003 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone who has fitted one of these had any troubles with it?

I read that running a crank pulley that doesn't have rubber dampner in it wil cause damage to crank bearings in the long run, is this true.

Vic.
 Topic: Sports steering wheel
ae101rKev
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Sports steering wheel Fri, 07 March 2003 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone ever put a sports steering wheel onto their ae101? The Autotechnica parts list has 1993 onwards listed as a 417, only problem is the boss kit seems too long for the boot around it. Is this something I'm doing wrong, do I need to try something different?

Thanks in advance
 Topic: Auto car, manual engine
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon5.gif  Auto car, manual engine Fri, 07 March 2003 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me rephrase

If you bought an auto RA65, what difference would it be to buying a manual RA65 and doing the 1GGTE conversion ?

I am curious cuz theres one for $500 down the rd Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 07 March 2003 12:38]

Topic: 5MGE problems
Roseboy
Regular

May 2002

5MGE problems Sun, 09 March 2003 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all

I've recently put in a 5MGE into an MX62 Cressida. Anyway, I've recently had the TPS fixed and the car runs really well, however it hasn't eliminated a massive hesitation at around 4000rpm. It gets up to 4000 really quickly (in all gears) then either experiences what seems like total fuel cut or "bunny hops" around then once it reaches 4500-5000rpm, it then shoots off again and revs all the way to the redline without issue.

Has anyone got any idea on what this might be? Relevant info might be:
* the car is an automatic
* does it in each gear
* will rev easily once its past the hesitation and below the hesitation
* The 5MGE computer is being used with the motor
* Does it with the TPS disconnected too

Could it be it trying to change gear as it happens around that time that it normally would? A computer issue? Not enough fuel? Restrictive exhaust? Hole in the exhaust or air-intake hoses after the AFM (quite possible there are holes)?

Thanks a lot. As you can see, I really don't have much of a clue with what the problem is.

Glen
 Topic: 162 feels flat when accelerating. what could it be? what should i do?
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

162 feels flat when accelerating. what could it be? what should i do? Mon, 10 March 2003 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When i accelerate inmy little st162, it feels really flat as you climb through the revs. teh acceleration doesnt increase, it just sorta happens flatly, if you get what i mean. i know it has more power than this. It has been gradually getting flat since around november. Where has all my power gone? Do i just need to get it tuned? Any ideas

thanks in advance
 Topic: Option for manual boxes on 1JZGTE
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Option for manual boxes on 1JZGTE Tue, 11 March 2003 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys, I have already posted on the For Sale forums, but some of you guys considering a 1JZGTE conversion may not have read the thread.
I am having some bellhousings to suit 1JZGTE, and 2JZGE cast up and machined.
The bellhousings will allow the fitment of W58/W57/W55 boxes to the JZ series engines.
Please check the For Sale section for price, and please start leaving some numbers so I can go ahead with the manufacture.

Regards Chuck

Topic: ae86 front end conversion
rgyota
Occasional Poster

January 2003
icon5.gif  ae86 front end conversion Tue, 11 March 2003 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok here is what I've got. 1985 Corolla coupe sr5 (American version with pop-up headlights) I would like to know what if any other front end can be used to convert it to a JDM look. I want to get rid of the pop-up headlights. Does anybody know if the FX16 front end works or is there another one that will? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
 Topic: RE: need base map for gze
trueno_gze
Regular

August 2002
RE: need base map for gze Wed, 12 March 2003 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi there just wondering if ne one is running a microtech mt8 or similar wit there gze. As i need a base map to get my car started. it is a series 2 gze. and it cranks but does not want to idle / turn over. it back fires a hell of a lot too trying to start, and when i feel the ic piping it is starting to get warm.
im just thinking that the computer was base mapped wrong, and is running rich. Also someone told me that it could be the trigger disc or something in the CAS. so if someone can email me or post there map would be great!!
thanks az
 Topic: RA65 info?
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

RA65 info? Thu, 13 March 2003 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does the power steering model RA65 and the non power steering share the same steering arm?
any one can help?
Thanks.
 Topic: brake and suspetion upgrade
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

brake and suspetion upgrade Thu, 13 March 2003 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know or can recomend a good place that does coild over convertions to struts?
im keen for some for my ke30

at the same time im up for a big brake upgrade
i was thinking 330mm disks and 4 spot calipers?

can any1 recomend somthing else?
 Topic: Attn: JZZ30 Owners
E30-323ti
Regular

June 2002
Attn: JZZ30 Owners Fri, 14 March 2003 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could one of you please take some pic's of you engine bay??
I need to know where & what the vacumn lines off the inlet manifold go to.

Thanks heaps.
 Topic: Eng. Cert. 4 AE92
joeyjojo
Regular

March 2003
Eng. Cert. 4 AE92 Fri, 14 March 2003 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has any got an Eng. Cert for an sx or gti that covers 7in wide rims , if so where did u get it from. I spoke to an engineer and he said that the law (in N.S.W.) is F*&^ed because he can only issue one for a maximum of one inch wider, which is also the width to which you don’t need one.Any wider than that defect. I have mates who have Eng. Cert. on gems ,dattos, that can cover up to 8in wide, Any ideas?
 Topic: If your into 4AGE's or race car construction check this site out!
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
If your into 4AGE's or race car construction check this site out! Fri, 14 March 2003 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.vhtracing.com/starlet/indexmain.htm

Engine is set back around 8 or 9 inches, lots of very good rally car building ideas.
Another site worth looking at is
http://www.hut.fi/~mkolari/orangetoy/

some very detailed work here, working on a budget as well.

Callum

PS - both sites are from Finland
 Topic: 1G versions - oil pickup point/block differences?
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
1G versions - oil pickup point/block differences? Sat, 15 March 2003 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay we all know there are different sumps and as such different oil pickups available on the different versions of the 1G. What I need to know is if they're absolutely positively the same BLOCK - ie. does the oil pickup, regardless of front/mid/rear sump, bolt up to the block itself in the same spot?

Reason I ask is that I just managed to lose the oil pickup for my 1G (d'oh!) and need to replace it.. just need to know if I can get any old pickup or not.

If anyone in Brisbane has a 1G pickup to dispose of for a few bucks I'll take it off your hands, either that or a stuffed motor.
 Topic: ae82 conv to ae92 power steering wont fit :(
xpimp
Regular

January 2003

ae82 conv to ae92 power steering wont fit :( Sat, 15 March 2003 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eiik doing my 4agze conversion and struck trouble again (last time i broke the knock sensor Sad )

Looks to me as if the power steering in the ae92 cant be fitted cause its offset differently

Does this effect an engineer cert? can i just leave power steering off?

Am i missing something? or am i right that it cant be fitted Sad

[Updated on: Sat, 15 March 2003 00:46]

Topic: 1ggeu std. computer?
1ggtze
Regular

September 2002
1ggeu std. computer? Sat, 15 March 2003 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has eney one put a standard computer in a 1ggeu and if so have you got eny wireing dig. for it. I have a full loom and standard computer and 1ggeu & auto. help!
 Topic: KE50 vs KE55 dash
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

KE50 vs KE55 dash Sat, 15 March 2003 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a KE55, and I found a KE50 dash today. I'm wondering if the speedo from the KE50 will fit in the KE55? I hear that the tacho will not fit, but that doesn't bother me too much as I've already got a TA22 tacho in my KE55 cluster...

Topic: 1981 corolla engine swaps
matnes motorsports
Newcomer

March 2003
1981 corolla engine swaps Sun, 16 March 2003 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know if these came out with a 3TG in them.
aparently some jap spec models came with these from the factory.
but the only info i can find keeps bringing me to the mighty T-18.
also if anyone knows of any 2TG's for sale that would be nice.
 Topic: 5me owners be aware!
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
5me owners be aware! Sun, 16 March 2003 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey to all you 5me owners out there whos engines seem to cough and fart when cold, i investigated today and its a great idea to step up idle to 800rpm (mine was 5-600) and also run on pulp...run a lot smoother thanks to the guys in my sparkplug thread Very Happy
Also another good mod i have done to get more squirt and keep the engine cooler in traffic...take off the clutch fan and hook up thermos to the ignition. I have a 14" and a 10" and it keeps it cool as a cucumber, a lot cooler in traffic than the clutch fan, no different driving. go to a wreckers to get fans if you need to, the 10" one i have is off a Nissan Pulsar, and the 14" off a eunos of some sort...500 i think.
 Topic: Will ae101 gze driveshafts fit into a ae82 no worries
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Will ae101 gze driveshafts fit into a ae82 no worries Sun, 16 March 2003 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, the ae101 drivesahfts, will they fit a ae82? would it be easier all around to get a ae92 front cut rather than an ae101?

Topic: Will Coilovers from a JZA80 Supra fit a JZZ30 Soarer?
TT23q
Regular

November 2002
Will Coilovers from a JZA80 Supra fit a JZZ30 Soarer? Sun, 16 March 2003 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, i have heard that the rears may not fit, is this correct, or do they all infact fit?
Thankyou!
 Topic: help with radiator size and i/c piping on ae86 4agze
sprinterboy4agze
Regular

March 2003
help with radiator size and i/c piping on ae86 4agze Sun, 16 March 2003 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a ma70 front mounted intercooler i cant do the piping for it because the radiator is blocking all access the only way around it is getting a smaller radiator the ma70 i/c has the piping on the same end which is the drivers side wich is better cause the supercharge outlet pipe and the intake pipe are one that side the radiator is from a suziki swift wich is tiny but its a 2 core im wondering how does everyone else get around this problem are u guys cutting the metal to solve this or what? if u have any pic that would be helpful cheers
 Topic: 7MGTE AFM Dimensions
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

7MGTE AFM Dimensions Mon, 17 March 2003 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know the measurements for the 7MGTE AFM to make a pod filter adapter up? ie. the hole spacing? I am sure it is 100mm/50mm but do not want to order without knowing exactly Cool

If it is 100/50 then it may be the same as a BMW one with the bosch type AFM?
 Topic: Boss kit for KE55 Corolla
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Boss kit for KE55 Corolla Mon, 17 March 2003 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did a quick search for a Momo boss kit to suit a KE55 Corolla and couldn't find any, is it the same as the AE86 sprinter? That's the closest I could find for it...
 Topic: Where to find a sprintex supercharger kit?
medjai_commander
Regular

March 2003
icon5.gif  Where to find a sprintex supercharger kit? Tue, 18 March 2003 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey i live in Hobart Tasmania and was wondering if anyone knew of a retailer i cld score a sprintex supercharger kit off?
 Topic: Air Compressor DEAD!
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
icon5.gif  Air Compressor DEAD! Tue, 18 March 2003 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey All,

After the write off and getting the car back on the road, the Air Conditioner Compressor has a leak. What should I do? Should i Buy a new one if avaliable, Refurb one or swap over?

Cheers
 Topic: 4age idling problem
Drew-AE86
Regular

August 2002

4age idling problem Wed, 19 March 2003 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, i was driving home today, came round a cnr, put my foot down, and bam, the car felt like it was struggling, i went up around a few cnrs, popped it outta gear to roll down the hill, and she stalled. Every time i went to start the car, she would keep on stalling.

When she does start and stay on, she idles at 500ish rpm and it sounds like there is a HUGE leak from the exhaust manifold (wouldnt think this would be a problem to do with idle)

When the motor is revved a bit (i think ive stretched my accelerator cable cuz there is alot of slack in the pedal) she sounds like she is missing a beat, but i anit 100%. Also when i do rev it, she doesnt feel like she wants to rev at all.

I was thinking of replacing the spark plugs and leads, and tighten up the accelerator cable (or replace if needed) but id rather get some other peoples pov on the problem be4 i go out and spend my $$$

This morning when i went to start it, after last nights ordeal, she doesnt want to start at all. I checked my manifold for cracks, but cant seem to feel any, will haev a better look tonight.

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong with my motor???

any help would be greatly appreciated
Drew

Topic: AE86 KING Spring rate
hiaaa
Regular

May 2002
icon5.gif  AE86 KING Spring rate Thu, 20 March 2003 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi! I'm doing coil-over conversion for my Sprinter, anyone know the rate of the KING spring? so I can work out the weight of the front end. Thanks!

Leon
 Topic: Extractors and Exhaust on 95 celica
kfleming
Occasional Poster

October 2002

Extractors and Exhaust on 95 celica Fri, 21 March 2003 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im trying to work out how much i'll need to get Extractors, 3inch exhaust all the way and a stainless steel straight exhaust.
Exhaust i no is about $150 (when i get it back from the US) but dont no about the rest. Its going on a Toyota celica 95

[Updated on: Fri, 21 March 2003 12:03]

Topic: Toyota Sera Engine Rebuild
Mr Doors
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Toyota Sera Engine Rebuild Sat, 22 March 2003 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know whats involved in building a hybrid Engine for the Toyota Sera

The Engine I'm after is a 5E-FHTE
A hybrid between a 5E-FHE (Sera Engine) and a 4E-FTE (Starlet Turbo)
Basically I want turbo the Sera engine using 4E-FTE turbo and manifold.
Is thier anything else involved.
Can I still retain the High compression of the 5E-FHE, or will I have to drop the compression to the levels of the 5E-FE (Paseo Engine)
Does anyone know the things involved to do this conversion.
Do I have to get a programable ECU, or can the sera's or Starlets ECU be modified (Fuel Mappings) And which option is cheaper and which better and whats involved?

Sorry to ask so much.

Topic: AE-92 4AFE to 4AGE
Aldo V
Newcomer

March 2003
AE-92 4AFE to 4AGE Sun, 23 March 2003 04:43 Go to previous message
Howdy to Luke and all the other Toyota nuts, this is Aldo from the old days with the Red GTi 4AGZE rolla. Long time no see boyz? Anyways, I was just popping by to see if I could get some assistance in regards to a conversion that myself and a friend are going to do on my brothers Corolla.
His car is a AE-92 4AFE twin cam efi which has truly died and since I have my motor lying around, I kindly "donated" the motor, including the gearbox for the conversion. It is complete with computer loom and all the little bits.
Is there much to this conversion as far as mounts, parts and having everything fit? The motor was in my car before which is the same shape as his so it should go right? If there is anything I should be looking out for e.g. different fuel pump, can someone let me know? Thanks heaps guys, it's good to see the club is still going, I got married, so the freedom aspect has been thrown out the door Crying or Very Sad Thanks and cyas!

[Updated on: Mon, 24 March 2003 07:40]

Pages (35): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:02:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04762601852417 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.