Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Today's Posts (OFF) | Unanswered Posts (ON)

Forum: Tech & Conversions
 Topic: weatherstrip on MA61
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
weatherstrip on MA61 Sun, 23 March 2003 21:49 Go to next message
anyone know how to reattach the weatherstrip above the door on the left hand side.
its on my MA61 supra
the strip is peeling away at the top of the left side mirror.
it seems to be getting worse Sad so i really wanna get it fixed and back on
can anyone help?

thanks heaps
  Send a private message to this user    
 Topic: AE82 Radiator
hks89supra
Regular

November 2002
AE82 Radiator Mon, 24 March 2003 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anyone please tell me what other cars radiators will fit in a AE82 rolla. I need to upgrade to a twin core but cant find one.
 Topic: broken coupling - 3s-ge in sv21 camry
Doctakay
Regular

January 2003
broken coupling - 3s-ge in sv21 camry Mon, 24 March 2003 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urgent need help;

Broken the inner linkage that joins the half shaft mounted from gearbox along the width of engine to drivers side drive shaft. Its a black cup with 3 large grooves inside of it. Bolts seem to have sheared/bent/snapped right off... The car hasn't even been right royally pounded yet and i can't see it being competitive at dubbo (or even getting there) unless this problem is resolved. I need to find a way of making this part of my drive train stronger so it doesn't happen again... any help as to how i could get this done would be greatly appreciated.
 Topic: electrical manuals
1jdave
Occasional Poster

March 2003
electrical manuals Mon, 24 March 2003 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still hav probs with wiring difference at kick panel plugs need diagrams to work out any help would be appreciated. have priced mx83 manual am waiting to here back on jzx81?
 Topic: help
knackers
Regular

November 2002
help Tue, 25 March 2003 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi all
can some one sort a problem i have with my 1g motor .Has been starting great but now it is a real bitch to start first start in the morning (cold start) .It just cranks over and over and over and wont start.When it starts it is ok then when it warms up.
thanks knackers
PS top day on sunday at small car sunday congratulations to
all the winners and a great job by all how got there Smile
 Topic: Need advice on what motor to use in may TA22!!
bjkingwill
Regular

January 2003
icon4.gif  Need advice on what motor to use in may TA22!! Wed, 26 March 2003 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys here is my situation.

I have a 2TGEU that i put in my TA22 last weekend but it's running like a dog. It starts and runs but it's very chuggy and wont rev. I even had the local mechanic come and have a look over it with me, all the timing is correct end everything simple seems fine i even swapped the webbers i had on it with my solex's to see if they would work better but they didnt.
I've had the motor running fine in another celica so i dont know what it could be. Any ideas?

I also have a running 2TG which i had in my celica and was going to sell. but now that i'm having probs with the 2tgeu i think the 2tg will have to go back in.

I also have a 3TGTE without turbo or EFI. I think it's fine but possibly has bent valves
It looks like the 2tgeu will be in need of a full rebuild.
Is better to use my 2tgeu with the 3tgte crank or is the 2tg better or should i put the 2tgeu head on the 3tgte bottom?
I know there is alot of other threads on this but i couldnt get a very clear answer, i want to know what combination is best with the motors i have.
Any help would be great!

[Updated on: Wed, 26 March 2003 04:18]

Topic: 4AC into a KE55 Corolla
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

4AC into a KE55 Corolla Wed, 26 March 2003 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone ever put a 4AC into a KE30-55 Corolla? If so, does the stock exhaust manifold clear the steering box? It looks like it'll be a fairly tight fit...

What would I need for the conversion? I'm guessing I'll need a T50 (already have), AE71 engine crossmember and engine mounts, a new exhaust, is there anything else? As far as i can think of everything else should pretty much bolt on... Unless the brake booster gets fouled by the engine being on that side... Hmm.

Any ideas?
 Topic: Microtech MTX 8
tsbb1
Occasional Poster

March 2003
icon6.gif   Microtech MTX 8 Wed, 26 March 2003 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys Anyone out there run a 20 valve with a Microtech MTX8
 Topic: Help - greddy REBIC 2 extr inj controller info
TWSTD
Regular

October 2002

Help - greddy REBIC 2 extr inj controller info Wed, 26 March 2003 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyonw here know anything about teh rebic 2 extra injector controller? If think its at least 5 years old or so no - as they have been selling the rebic 4 for like 3 years already...

Im lookin at a 2nd hand one, but the guy has no manual or specs on it.

Im told it has rev and boost settings for when the extra injector(s) come on (up to 4 extra injectors) - and im assuming is has a trim so you can set how much fuel is added? BUt what i really want to know is if you can set a fuel delivery curve - so more fuel with more boost. Im pretty sure it would do eh - but possibly not?

Any info welcome!
 Topic: leads to use
tsbb1
Occasional Poster

March 2003
icon5.gif  leads to use Wed, 26 March 2003 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys l need some help with this one !!! What ignition leads do l use on my 20 valve. The Motor is used for Racing and is fuel injected with a aftermarket computer Do l use Spiral wire or Silicone and what size ?? 6.8.8.8mm
 Topic: Turbo or Supercharge 18R-G
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Turbo or Supercharge 18R-G Thu, 27 March 2003 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok people, guru's and generally knowledgeable dudes. I am having pipe dreams of forced induction into my 18R-GU.

I had wanted to just have a quick N/A motor, but after buying a top condition 18R-GU (recently rebuilt) i have the urge for forced induction.

So i need info on what parts i need to gather up for a mild turbo. I also want to know, should i go supercharge instead?

Here is what i have to work with currently:
- rebuilt 18R-GU with 88250 head. Stock 8.7:1 pistons ( i think)
- 45mm webers
- worked 88230 head with 45/37mm valves
- spare late model 18R-GU complete w/88253 (dbl valve sprung) head... its a bit worn

Now im thinking i will need the following, correct me if im wrong or missing something:
- Turbo
- Intercooler (small one)
- custom manifold (or is there a premade one?)
- EFI intake (fuel pumps etc also)
- fuel rail with bigger injectors
- Fuel only computer

Now i also just want some info on good ideas/setups for turbo-ing this motor. Like:
- what can the stock pistons/motor handle
- can i go carby turbo? or too much effort?
- advice

Also someone has offered me a worked head with 50/40mm valves, would it be worth utilising such a ported and worked head? or would i have to increase bottom end/piston strength to use release that heads potential?

HELP PLEASE Very Happy
 Topic: 20V teething problems
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

20V teething problems Fri, 28 March 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When the cars warmed up driven for say 20-30 mins at the least the car seems to cut out when it comes to idle. The rev drops but bounces under the 1000rpm mark till it just stalls.

Its all happened after i did the 8200rpm cutoff, im not sure if this has somthing to do with it but i havent tried going back to the 7500rpm.

Any ideas?

thanx
 Topic: How to remove Oil Pump Driveshaft on 18R/C
shinzui
Regular

November 2002

How to remove Oil Pump Driveshaft on 18R/C Sun, 30 March 2003 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
According to the Haynes manual it should just slide out (we've removed all the sprockets etc).

However, it doesn't seem to want to come out. Does anyone have any tips or things we may have missed in regards to removing the Oil Pump Driveshaft?
 Topic: Intermittent Function
Corolla Boy
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Intermittent Function Sun, 30 March 2003 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reciently on my AE82 the wipers intermittent function stopped working. Now when I click the intermittent function the wipers just keep on going ( I can hear the ticking noise but the wipers don't stop). Sometimes while the intermittent function is on the wipers stop in the middle of the windscreen.

Is there any relay for this function?
How can I resolve this problem?

Thanks
 Topic: AE86 Wheel Alignment Settings?
Necros
Regular

September 2002
AE86 Wheel Alignment Settings? Mon, 31 March 2003 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys,

Does anyone here know what the factory spec wheel aligment settings are for the sprinter? I went to get an alignment done and the sprinter was not in the system...
 Topic: Hurricane air filter
ae101rKev
Occasional Poster

October 2002
icon7.gif  Hurricane air filter Tue, 01 April 2003 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Has anyone used a Hurricane air filter, I'm thinking of getting one for my 4afe. They look like a K&N, but are a lot cheaper. They may not flow as good as the K&N, but are they any good? Are they heaps better than the stock air box? Shocked

Topic: WANTED!! photos of pistons and blocks!
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

WANTED!! photos of pistons and blocks! Tue, 01 April 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys i need some photographic reffernce of pistons and blocks perticulaly the chamber. can anyone help? needed asap, a web address if perfectly fine and the size and quality isn't an issue as its only for reffernce! THANX!!

-Leigh
 Topic: Corolla weights
greypower
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Corolla weights Tue, 01 April 2003 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm chasing the actual weight of a Corolla KE50-55 in 2 door coupe & 4 door sedan & later KE70 with coil spring rear end. Thanks in advance.
 Topic: r31 skyline diff
Ta22 20 valve
Regular

December 2002
r31 skyline diff Wed, 02 April 2003 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much do these need to be shortened to fit in a ta22
can it be made up useing front wheel drive offset rims
 Topic: seals
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
seals Sat, 05 April 2003 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the weather seals on the sprinter are getting a bit old and tattered and i wanna replace them on the door's and rear hatch , where can i get the rubber stripping to do it or is there some universal stuff i can get ?
 Topic: Malpassi fuel pressure regulators? or...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Malpassi fuel pressure regulators? or... Mon, 07 April 2003 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all,
anyone have opinions on Malpassi fuel pressure regulators? are there other brand options around? how does $160 sounds for one of them?
thanks in advance, Stewart

[Updated on: Mon, 07 April 2003 04:55]

Topic: GTir needs help
highway_patrol
Newcomer

April 2003
GTir needs help Mon, 07 April 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello people i need to find the right pipe entering the inlet manifold for my boost guage vacum as well as boost Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
 Topic: Nissan Style 4wd Switch for 2003 Rav 4
guts
Newcomer

April 2003
icon4.gif  Nissan Style 4wd Switch for 2003 Rav 4 Tue, 08 April 2003 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was wondering if anyone knew how to fit a switch similar to the nissan pathfinder & x-trail have to switch between 2 & 4 wd. I basically want to be able to put the car into 4wd before it wants to as I found with the last rav I had (2000 same as the new one) that when we hit the sand the 4wd would kick in after the wheels started spinning, usually meaning that we were already bogged.

Cheers
 Topic: Diff Ratio Group Buy !
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Diff Ratio Group Buy ! Tue, 08 April 2003 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

We are organising a Toymods Group buy for Diff Ratios (Namely G series 3.7:1 but any are available) Check out the thread in Parts for sale for the details.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 December 2003 23:50]

Topic: MS65 Crown Brake Master Cylinder Upgrade
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

MS65 Crown Brake Master Cylinder Upgrade Tue, 08 April 2003 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

My Crown Master Cylinder is Fooked so I need a new one and if possible a replacement with a slightly larger bore would be great as I have already upgraded the rears and the fronts are on the list for some attention.

Its is a Two bolt Booster.

Thanks,
 Topic: TRUST emanage
asinn
Regular

August 2002
TRUST emanage Tue, 08 April 2003 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi, have anyone had any experience with TRUST emanage on your car?

does anyone know any good tuner that tune emanage in sydney?

thax
 Topic: 4agze in a Camry
sicsx
Occasional Poster

November 2002
4agze in a Camry Tue, 08 April 2003 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has done a 4agze engine conversion in a 84 model Camry Hatchback?? Will it fit etc..??

Cheers
Chris

[Updated on: Wed, 09 April 2003 01:17]

Topic: information site
hanks91
Newcomer

April 2003
information site Wed, 09 April 2003 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found the 1jz wiring information at Supras.nl. This site has some info you might need. Thanks for the information you provided earlier!
 Topic: Need Wiring Diagram
bendev
Regular

July 2002
Need Wiring Diagram Thu, 10 April 2003 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

I own a Toyota hilux 93 extra cab and have got me some toyota surf door trims. what i need is a wiring diagram for a toyota surf so i can wire after market elec. windows into surf door mounted controls. If anyone can help i need to know the pin outs on the unit that controlls the electric windows and central locking that is found in the driver door handle. I think i have sort it out but i just want to be reasured that what i have done is correct.

regards,
ilija

any help is good help
 Topic: How much $$ to refresh the diff
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
How much $$ to refresh the diff Fri, 11 April 2003 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the diff in the supra has probably seen more road than its engineers would have beleived, 285,000km

Just had the clutch (gearbox) replaced along with thrust bearing and tightened all tailshaft bolts, so id say its the LSD clutch wearing a bit thin.

It's 4.1 running with the W58 on the soon to be 2JZGE hopefully

Is this the most ideal ratio? and how much am i looking at for a diff centre rebuild?

Ta guys! Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 11 April 2003 12:37]

Topic: exhaust and extractors add to 1g geu
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

exhaust and extractors add to 1g geu Sun, 13 April 2003 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, wondering what sort of gains exhaust and extractors would add to my 1g geu and how much it would cost, any help?

If its too expensive ill look at going straight to 1g gte
 Topic: never mind
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
never mind Mon, 14 April 2003 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nm

[Updated on: Mon, 14 April 2003 10:53]

Topic: Where to get a cheap motec m4/m4 pro?
mr2turbouk
Newcomer

April 2003
Where to get a cheap motec m4/m4 pro? Mon, 14 April 2003 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,Could someone tell me where i can get a motech m4/m4 pro standalone for a good price ,preferably on the net in australia.Many thanks Ryan
 Topic: Getting the harness made
hanks91
Newcomer

April 2003
Getting the harness made Wed, 16 April 2003 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I posted before about wiring the 1jz to a left hand drive supra. A fella by the name of Arnout in The Netherlands is going to build it for me (e-mail at euro@suprasport.com). It will be extended about 3 feet and have all the plugs for my dash and fuse box. (plug & play) I'm doing the 2jz water pump with electric fans and Arnout is also wiring the 7m resistor into the 1jz harness so I can use the US 94+ 2jzgte injectors. I'm also polishing the intake out and the single turbo should be on by November. A Greedy TD07, I know this sounds strange but it is what it is. Basically a T78 with a smaller turbine for faster spooling. This is what I've been told anyway; capable of 700hp. Other mods will be done to support this of course. Bigger injectors, ignition, exhaust, electronics. etc. I will post pictures soon. Later...Wes
 Topic: What LPG equipment to get?
celiweb
Newcomer

February 2003

What LPG equipment to get? Wed, 16 April 2003 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

First of all I'm NOT looking to start another debate - I've made my choice. Around here, LPG is 1/3rd the price of petrol, since it's not nearly as heavily taxed. I do pay extra registration costs, but I'll easily win that back cos it's for a daily driver.

Anyway, I currently have a VERY crude LPG system in my car and I'm looking to turbo it on LPG, so I want to upgrade. Flywheel power is roughly 90kw (120hp) NA, the goal is boosting that to 200hp (will drop compression a bit to get there, if necessary). I might also upgrade to a different head (110kw / 150hp NA) and then turbo that, for 200-250hp. The fuelsystem I choose now must support both options although of course it would have to be adjusted/retuned.

I just bought an extra intake manifold to play with, so the car won't be offline while I experiment with fitting LPG equipment.

Right now I'm looking at two options :

- Gas Research carb (will replace the throttle body). Looks very good on paper, but since they're still a venturi style gas carb, I'm worried about power and economy. How much loss can I expect, compared to multipoint EFI? Also, how much would I pay for just a carb with the right converter? I will install it myself and already have the rest (tank, lines, valves). GRA suggested their 320cfm TB and quoted AU$875 for the kit, new. Anyone who knows of a better price or a used kit up for sale please let me know!

- Multipoint gas injection systems. Vapor injection seems to be affordable. I've found gas injectors as low as 75 AU$ each. It's just that I was quoted over 500 AU$ for the converter from a local installer! Surely that can be had cheaper? It's just a "dumb" manifold-referenced constant pressure converter... (1 bar above manifold at all times).

Downside to the multipoint stuff is that you need an ECU to go with that. I'm considering adapting a MegaSquirt.

Any ideas? I hear mrshin is working on something... making me REALLY curious... please tell me more... PM me if you don't want to make it public yet, as I'm looking to make a choice real soon!

I'm willing to spend the cash on the right system, but if a different system or a used system will work just as well, I'd rather keep a lot of cash in my pocket for other upgrades!

Marcel
 Topic: Clutch for 1ZZFE
suthol
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Clutch for 1ZZFE Wed, 16 April 2003 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am building a Lotus 7 replica using a 1ZZFE mated to a W55 box.

Does anyone know where I can buy a clutch plate off the shelf in Sydney that has a centre to suit the W55.

Without running a tape over the plate it looks about the same size as the 4AG unit and my guess is the standard splines would suit the T50.
 Topic: starting problem on my 4agze
sprinterboy4agze
Regular

March 2003
starting problem on my 4agze Wed, 16 April 2003 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was working fine two days ago now it cranks but doesnt want to turn over is it because its flooded i have a surge tank i have pumped the acceloraotr twice but i left it over night but it still wont start maybe dirt has gone into the air intake cause i have no filter on it, will throttle cleaner work? any other suggestions oh and it has a mtx-8 but the electical seems fine to me i have checked for sparks and all 4 leads have sparks coming from it any other suggestions???????? ive thrown a bit of fuel thru the intake to see if it would start up directly but still wont start it has to b electrical then common ppl help me out plzzzzzzzzzzz

[Updated on: Mon, 21 April 2003 21:22]

Topic: Leaky manifold
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Leaky manifold Thu, 17 April 2003 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day, wondering if any1 out there would know of a perement fix to my problem. I got a ra23 celica with a set of exctractors fitted. My problem there is that the exhaust leaks out of the manifold on the end closest to the firewall and seems to be coming from the section where the shared bolt for the inlet n zorst manifold r. Tried gasket cement n shit, doesnt work, blows out in a short time. Any1 got any solutions as to what may be causing the problem and how i could fix it. Thanking any1 in advance.
 Topic: Where to fit surge tank
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Where to fit surge tank Thu, 17 April 2003 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm cleaning up my engine bay ready for the new engine and I want to get all the fuel lines in in the naxt few days.
for those of you who have owned an ra28 or similar where can you mount a surge tank without cluttering up the engine bay,
Is it possible to fit it between the inner and outer front guards??
Or in a build out in the rear
What are the legalities about a surge tank in the engine bay??

[Updated on: Tue, 22 April 2003 15:17]

Topic: Crank Scraper for Toyota 4A-FE / 4A-GE engine
ae86er
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Crank Scraper for Toyota 4A-FE / 4A-GE engine Thu, 17 April 2003 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone seen these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&item=2410951579&category=6770

Do they actually work or just a load of sH*t?
 Topic: Microtech LTX Matric screen?
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Microtech LTX Matric screen? Sat, 19 April 2003 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone have any experience with setting up the matrix table when tuning an LTX Microtech?

I have the table but only have values on one line across the middle, its blank above and below this line as though values need to be entered.
 Topic: 1UZ-FE twin turbo, ideas please!
Gukster
Occasional Poster

March 2003
icon14.gif  1UZ-FE twin turbo, ideas please! Sun, 20 April 2003 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi.
I wanta build a 1uz-fe twin turbo set up, I would like to get around 500hp at the flywheel, the questions I have is, can I use turbos of other jap cars, ie the VG30DET, to keep the cost of the project down, and if I stuff something up,( on the turbo side of things) won't cost a heap to get going again. can I get this HP with a single turbo setup??, what injectors would I need to use? , I am lookin to use an aftermarket computer with this engine

any help would be great, I understand this topic( about twin turbos on a V8) pops up alot on this forum, but if I could get some help and pointed in the right direction that would be great

Thanks in advance

LUKE
 Topic: 92 soarer tt suspension help !
muzzy
Occasional Poster

April 2003

icon5.gif  92 soarer tt suspension help ! Mon, 21 April 2003 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i recently got my 92 tt the problem i have is the car is too low.scrapes everywere.my question is is this model somehow adjustable.top of the struts has electrical wire going in and says tems on it.although there is no switch in the cabin for suspension.put simply is there some electronic way of raising the heaight.or is new springs the requirement?
when i looked at the springs they look very compressed at the top parts.if new springs needed what brand are good for the soarer.

if springs need to be changed any reccomendations?

thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 21 April 2003 17:51]

Topic: speedo accuracy ?
muzzy
Occasional Poster

April 2003

speedo accuracy ? Mon, 21 April 2003 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on my new soarer tt it came with 18 inch rims 40 profile,

i have a feeling the speedo not correct anyone had this problem?
and how to fix or get the accuarcy tested .

thanks
 Topic: Hard cold starting???
azzsaccRA23
Regular

July 2002
Hard cold starting??? Tue, 22 April 2003 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last week my car began to be hard to start when cold, i discovered the fourth spark plug was stuffed so replaced it with an old one and it went ok, few days later i put in all new spark plugs and it went fine until the next morning the hard to start problem was back, this is wierd hey, what else could it be? its a ra23 with a standard 18rg.
 Topic: 5th is crunching????
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
5th is crunching???? Tue, 22 April 2003 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys i have an mr2 sw20 with the lsd gear box and ever since i have brought he great box 5th has crunched, i have had the bow pulled down and checked over and all the syncrows tightened up apparently everything is brand new in it and i do belive this as the box came from sss, i have tried heaps of different oils and still nothing it crunshens in 5th all the time u have to let the revs drop and then let it suck it in slowly, it shits me to tears does any one have any expearance with this sort of problem????
 Topic: 20 Valve Heads on 2A
ssmart
Newcomer

April 2003
20 Valve Heads on 2A Wed, 23 April 2003 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anybody know if the 4AGE 20V heads fit onto a 2A motor.
 Topic: Corona rear sway bar?
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Corona rear sway bar? Wed, 23 April 2003 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys...

Im thinking about looking into fitting a rear sway bar on my RT104 Corona.
Anyone done this or have any ideas?

I want to do this cheap, so no whiteline kits, etc for me.

Would it be possible to use the bar off a similar age Celica?
Im not affraid of a bit of welding, etc.

Thanks.

Topic: Any Ideas !!
tsbb1
Occasional Poster

March 2003
icon9.gif   Any Ideas !! Fri, 25 April 2003 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys its Story time first l run a offroad Buggy with a 20 Vave in it Well it was time to give it a birthday so we changed the Computer from a old Microtech Digi pro to the latest Mx8, four coils new leads just left the two wheels in the Dizy for the Home signal and Crank angle Sensor Now the thing ran fine up to 5000RPM then it was just like the limter was on bangs and farts Now me I'm no mechanic so it went to the local Dyno shop after three days they ring me and tell me that the dizy and the computer has gone back to Microtech... Well they thought the computer was having problems seeing the 24 teeth so they took to it with a grinder and left only four now the thing wont run at all Does anyone have a clue what could be the matter!!!
 Topic: XT130/RT132 Strut with Hilux/Peugeot Brakes
Crossy
Regular

April 2003
XT130/RT132 Strut with Hilux/Peugeot Brakes Sun, 27 April 2003 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was reading up on this setup in the tech articles section of toymods, i have a couple of questions about it.

I am planing on using this setup in my RT132 1980 Corona liftback, i was wondering if any one has tried this, or any thing else similar.

I also would like to know whether this setup will fit under 14" rims or if not, what size i will need to make them fit.

Thanx
 Topic: go the carby
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
go the carby Mon, 28 April 2003 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im looking for a nice pair of carbys to go on a 4age bluetop. does anyone know of a few good carby specialists in australia where i can buy a good set ?

Topic: early chassis number decoding
ae82gt
Occasional Poster

May 2002
icon5.gif  early chassis number decoding Mon, 28 April 2003 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone on the forum know how to decode early toyota chassis numbers (pre 1980)Its for a 1978 corolla ke55 built by australian motor industries. I need to know a production date so i can get the number plate changed to one thats correct for the year of manufacture. the UK toyota dealers i've spoken dont want to know cuz its an import

ty Smile
 Topic: 3SGE Help!
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
icon4.gif  3SGE Help! Wed, 30 April 2003 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey All,

My friend has a ST162 Celica and it seems to be leaking a lot of oil, i have checked the head, seems ok. There is a lot of pressure then normal reading from the OEM oil pressure meter.

The car is at work parked infront of the shopping center, we dare not to move it (leaking like a trickling tap). When i take off the oil cap, it sounds like opening a coke bottle that is shook up. The oil is still oil and no symtoms of BHG.

Any help would be great.

Cheers.
 Topic: help ..garrett t25?? 4agte
Ae86-Te
Occasional Poster

March 2003
help ..garrett t25?? 4agte Wed, 30 April 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello.. Confused
Are my turbo seals just about buggered! I'm blowing smokey shit everywhere (when I back off, then boost her again!)
I found some oil leaking under the turbo, around the oil drain plate !? I fink that's wot its called? could this b it?
does any1 know how much it costs to recondition a t25??.. wot r seal kits worth? how much would I get 4 this turbo?
t03 will takes its place l8er on down tha track!! hehe

cheers !!

[Updated on: Wed, 30 April 2003 10:55]

Topic: 1jz coolant hoses
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

1jz coolant hoses Fri, 02 May 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, I've *finally* got my baby running half decently... still awful off boost, but a dyno tune tuesday will fix that.

my problem now is with the extra power, I've perforated or possibly loosened a coolant hose at the back of my engine.
I realised today that my radiator had half emptied itself in 2 days... so I started it up and found coolant leaking at the back of the engine.

I'm wondering where these hoses are. if they're at the top, I can probably reach them. the bottom will be a lot harder. I want to know whether to bother tring to fix it myself, or just get the workshop to take care of it while I'm in there.

Cheers,

Greg
 Topic: Gearbox oil leaking at the back of my speedo - RA28
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Gearbox oil leaking at the back of my speedo - RA28 Tue, 06 May 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why the fudge did this happen??

I jumped in the car this morning and noticed a small wet patch on the floor mat, i felt it and it was oily. Fair enough it smelt like gearbox oil. Weird. So i checked to see where it came from and it had come from behind the speedometer guage, where the speedo cable meets it at the rear. The car hasnt been driven since saturday night.

Now i thought - perhaps my gearbox oil level is too high.... take out the filler plug, and not a drip comes out - the level is fine.

So is there some kind of oil seal in the speedo drive gear? Or in the speedo cable.. or even in the speedo guage itself that could be causing this leak?? Hell i thought gearbox oil would have no reason to travel up the speedo cable.

Help muchly appreciated, i dont like smelly interiors.
 Topic: 2TGEU Wiring Diagram
bjkingwill
Regular

January 2003
2TGEU Wiring Diagram Wed, 07 May 2003 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had one sent to me by someone a while ago but now it has gotten lost can someone please help? Sad

My email is bjkingwill@yahoo.com.au

Thanks

Ben

[Updated on: Wed, 07 May 2003 09:06]

Topic: Exp. of interest -- 4 spot onto AE86
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Exp. of interest -- 4 spot onto AE86 Thu, 08 May 2003 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm hopefully getting some adaptor plates machined up to fit a RX7 4spot caliper and 280mm 180SX disc onto a Sprinter. One piece, fully machined from steel (better than mild). And it will all bolt up. What would be the going rate? And is anyone else interested?

Hen
 Topic: 100KW mods - whats next?
_Rivmasta_
Regular

April 2003
100KW mods - whats next? Thu, 08 May 2003 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im just after some opinions so I can go researching...

After COmputer & exhaust wot would be the next upgrade for more stonk? Im after ANY suggestions!!! especially cheap ones!
Can anyone recommend a cam profile for good pull from 3-7k?
 Topic: Engine harshness in AE82 TwinCam Corolla
jim80
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Engine harshness in AE82 TwinCam Corolla Sat, 10 May 2003 09:12 Go to previous message
Yesterday and today, i have noticed my engine "rumbling" and not as smooth as it should be. Especially when Idle and when accellerating 1000-3000rpm.

A friend had a similar prob in his, and it turned out to be a main bearing which was worn out. He eventually had the engine replaced his 4AGE with another 4AGE, His car had done about 170k kms.

My car is just below 200k kms and was thinking that if it was a main crankshaft bearing, then i would replace the engine with 4AGZE or a 20V. I will be taking it into my mechanic on Monday to get it checked out.

But in the mean time, can someone advise me in which engine i should go and approx price, and maybe recommend someone who can do this in sydney? if the bearing really has gone.

Toyota Corolla 1986 TwinCam 4AGE, ~200 kms.

Thanx

Pages (35): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:21:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.056007862091064 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.