Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Today's Posts (OFF) | Unanswered Posts (ON)

Forum: Tech & Conversions
 Topic: where to get head gaskit + seal (4ac)
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
where to get head gaskit + seal (4ac) Sun, 11 May 2003 01:17 Go to next message
where is the best place(cheapest) to get a head gaskit and rear main seal for a 4ac:

toyota
marlows
supa cheap
repco
etc

Send a private message to this user    
 Topic: cd player repairs
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
cd player repairs Mon, 12 May 2003 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys
does anyone know of a place that i can get my cd player repaired it is the standard sw20 1990 mr2 cd player the cdplayer plugs into the back of the tape/radio i have taken to toyota they cant fix it as they dont have the jap manuals here as the car is an import, does any one know how to fix these or someone that does
it keeps spitting out cds all the time and plays some when it wants to.
cheers in advanced
 Topic: Lights in Air con controls
Micbod
Regular

February 2003
Lights in Air con controls Tue, 13 May 2003 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The lights behind the Heater/A/C controls dont work in my AE82.

I can manage, but at night the other half has trouble using the correct levers for demister etc etc as you cant see them.

How do you get the lights working, doesnt look to be any globes or plugs there.....

Topic: Fuel Injector Cleaning
ae86er
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Fuel Injector Cleaning Tue, 13 May 2003 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone know of a good place in Sydney to get fuel injectors cleaned? (pref. northern or inner west suburbs)
Cheers
 Topic: compressor for ae86
icekey86
Occasional Poster

May 2003
compressor for ae86 Wed, 14 May 2003 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hello Smile
anyone know r trueno ae86 compressor the same as aussie sprinter?
for air conditioning.
i went to one for the wreckers the other day, the position looks a bit different, but i am not sure tho.
thanks Smile
 Topic: Brake conversion using Nissan caliper/WRX disc
DJ345
Regular

April 2003
Brake conversion using Nissan caliper/WRX disc Wed, 14 May 2003 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was wonder if anyone has any pictures or info of this conversion, as it was mentioned in a Zoom story on a twin turbo 3.4lt V8 TA22 celica.
 Topic: Rebuilding 7M
BoB_JonEz
Regular

August 2002

Rebuilding 7M Thu, 15 May 2003 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just wondering if anyone knows what the approximate costs would be to rebuild a 7MGE or GTE?

Also are the engines similar enough for a GE to be rebuilt as a GTE (ignoring piston differences for compression etc)?

The engine's started to give me a few worries, such as a dodgy v8 rumble (car shaking) on idle when I start the car every now and then. I've got to check it out with compression test etc this weekend and assess wtf is going on.

Ta
 Topic: SA63 1ggte swap and suspension setup
bozwon
Regular

March 2003
icon3.gif  SA63 1ggte swap and suspension setup Fri, 16 May 2003 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just have a few more questions regarding the engine swap and suspension setup in my SA63

Are commercial (off the shelf) strut braces available for the Celica and if so where from and how much? I’ve had a quick look on the internet but couldn’t find any.

What size wheels should I get? I was thinking about 17 X 7.5 inch wheels but wasn’t sure whether they would rub on the guards or not? (I will be getting the guards rolled)

Do I need to change (shorten, lengthen and or strengthen) the tail shaft when the engine and gearbox are put into the car?

Are there any common mods I can do to the 1g to get more horsepower like getting the heads ported. Changing the turbo’s etc. I want to get at least 150kw at the wheels. I only want to run about 11psi.
 Topic: HKS headgaskets...
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon5.gif  HKS headgaskets... Fri, 16 May 2003 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak anyone know who are the dealers in Qld.(preferably) for HKS headgaskets?

cheers.

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~feral4.mr2/mypic23.jpg
 Topic: Weird sound when starting
Chris-008
Regular

January 2003
Weird sound when starting Sun, 18 May 2003 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi guys

4age starts funny with a high pitch sound coming from... i think maybe the belt or alternator. The tension seems fine.

thnks

chris
 Topic: engine transplant bne
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
engine transplant bne Sun, 18 May 2003 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking for a place around brisbane with a good rep for engine conversions, looking to drop 4agze into ta22 or ke3x
if any one knows of any good shops around that do this plz post
if anyone has done a similar project what $$ am i lookin at
 Topic: Celica gearbox pleeeeze help
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Celica gearbox pleeeeze help Mon, 19 May 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My gearbox out of my 3S-GE has a 5th gear the pops out under any kind of load.
I took a look and the gear + clutch ring are worn and need replacing. My second gear is a bit crunchy on fast changes, but no big deal.

No problem. I have now got all new parts except the gear itself from Toyota, my last quote for the gear being $400.

I met a guy today who has a gearbox out of the same model car as mine, and will give me the gearbox for a good price. He says his third gear is very sus, but he reckons the rest of the box is fine.

I don't want to buy it and then find that I will be mating an overly worn gear with my new clutch ring. (I can't remember if that is its exact name - the ring the fits on the gear that the clutch fork slides over)

My question is, what should I be expecting to pay him for the box with it's damaged third gear? I just need 5th, but don't know whether I should just fork out the big bucks and get a new one.

I would love any assistance you can give me. Thanks a mill
 Topic: Need ECU wiring help - 7AFE
TWSTD
Regular

October 2002

Need ECU wiring help - 7AFE Mon, 19 May 2003 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im installing an HKS super afr, and need to locate the following connections at the ECU to tap into:

Throttle position sensor signal
RPM
MAP sensor

I have a copy of an electronic wiring diagram, but i cant make much sense of it. Does anyone have a simple pinout diagram of a 7AFE ECU?

Thanks!

AL

[Updated on: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:25]

Topic: repair of front bar MA61
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
repair of front bar MA61 Mon, 19 May 2003 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how can u repair cracks and stuff in the mA61 front bar
i guess its polypropylene so there is nothin that sticks to it

wat do u use to mend cracks, just melt it together?
help me plz
thanks in advance
 Topic: 18R-C Electronic Ignition - Solution!
BarniesRA40
Occasional Poster

May 2003
icon10.gif  18R-C Electronic Ignition - Solution! Wed, 21 May 2003 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few weeks ago I posted a question to see if anyone knew how to convert the 18R-C (RA40) to electronic ignition. I wanted to do this as the High Energy Ignition that electronic ignition can handle is far superior to the system that points can handle.

I have settled on a distributor from a Mitsubishi 2.0L L300 van (SF to SJ series) that ran from '86-'96. This unit is unique in that the Igniter box (normally bolted to firewall) is actually inside the distributor body itslef. This makes it easier to wire and hopefully more reliable.

The coil is from a a VN commodore but any HEI coil will do.

I have modified the L300 distributor by replacing the counterweight springs with those from the 18R-C dizzy. This is an attempt to retain the original advance curve.

You then have to take your L300 and 18R-C dizzy (I borrowed an 18R-c one from the wreckers) to a machine shop to have the dizzy body machined down and to have the shaft modified as the 18R-C dizzy shaft also runs the oil pump. $60 is what I was charged. Be sure to have the newly machined shaft case hardened!

The car now runs noticably better. The most significant improvement is starting - starts in one crank revolution instead of three.

Cheers
 Topic: JZX81 HALFCUT
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
JZX81 HALFCUT Thu, 22 May 2003 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does any one have a bare half cut from a JZX81 or MX83 CHASER/CRESSIDA

i need the bare shell, so i can dummy and engine in their and make extractors.

anyones help would be mpst appreciated.

thanks

shane Smile
 Topic: AE82 and KE70 Vehicle Dimensions / manuals
mikey_m
Regular

September 2002
AE82 and KE70 Vehicle Dimensions / manuals Fri, 23 May 2003 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey All

I need technical Info, specificall in reagrd to both the AE82 and KE70, I need data on Dimensions, wheel bases engine mount locatiosn, basically any kind of data regarding the vehicles dimensions, most of this is usually found in Workshop Manuals

Can anyone Help?
 Topic: Toyota Corona Conversion
Crossy
Regular

April 2003
Toyota Corona Conversion Fri, 23 May 2003 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all,

The Toyota Corona is goin 1G-GTE powered!!
If any one is interested they can check out how my project is goin on my website

http://members.optushome.com.au/gpcross

MaT
 Topic: Bodykit for 1985 ST Celica Coupe
supra47287
Newcomer

May 2003

icon5.gif  Bodykit for 1985 ST Celica Coupe Fri, 23 May 2003 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I own a 1985 ST Celica Coupe and i am woundering if anyone knows where to get a bodykit for one in perth.

If it is possiable can you give me there number thank you.
 Topic: Need ra28 w/ 18r-geu car wire dia.
SEVNT7
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Need ra28 w/ 18r-geu car wire dia. Fri, 23 May 2003 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please. Thanks.
 Topic: AE86 Running Problems
tafebum
Regular

December 2002
icon5.gif  AE86 Running Problems Sun, 25 May 2003 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I own a stock sprinter with a 4ac. About a month ago the car developed what i describe as a random stutter during acceleration. I asked a mecanic about it and he said it could be crap in the carby, so I run some injector/carby cleaner through it with a tank of fuel. Apart from getting 50km extra per tank of fuel now, it didn't fix anything.

I also notice that the temp gauge needle barely moves up now even when im driving the car extra hard.(It normally sat at about half way).

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?
 Topic: Supra 1G GZE supercharger
Turner
Newcomer

December 2002

Supra 1G GZE supercharger Mon, 26 May 2003 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need to find out some specs on my supercharger off the 1G GZE
supra engine specifically what CFM it flows can anyone help?
 Topic: The Truth About Solexs?!
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

The Truth About Solexs?! Tue, 27 May 2003 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some may recall there was some debate a few months back regarding the size of the stock Solex /Mikuni carbs (from for sale section) and I for one, thought / had only seen the Mikunis that were roughly 40mm intake.

Well after recieving a couple of sets of Solexs lately I was suprised to discover some variances. It appears that the earlier Solexs do indeed have a larger intake, partially due to a removable inner ( not the emulsion tube ) and that they form a sort of false internal diameter to narrow it down to the 40mm

so here are some measurements to look out for
(all listed are diameter readings)

Older Style Solex

Intake end 48mm
head inlet 41mm
emulsion tube outer dia 41mm
emulsion tube inner diameter 32mm

Later Model Solex

Intake end 41mm
Head Inlet 40mm
emulsion tube outer 41mm
emulsion tube inner 32mm

Ill take some pictures of both in the near future so you can see what I mean
 Topic: ?Turbo best suited to 4ag/gze?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

icon2.gif  ?Turbo best suited to 4ag/gze? Tue, 27 May 2003 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wanting everyones opinion as to what turbo i should be looking at upgrading from a rb20 highflowed turbo. Im wanting a bigger turbo due to the restrictive rb20 turbo. I currently get around 140kw's at the wheels on 15psi of boost, would it be worth upgrading to a bigger higher flowing turbo or just turning the boost up to 18psi or so? im wanting to achieve around 170-180rw kw's

Im also wanting to know the general costs of the turbos you recommend, must be T3 flange
 Topic: 4AGZE Into Datto 1000 Ute
Ralliart
Newcomer

May 2003
4AGZE Into Datto 1000 Ute Wed, 28 May 2003 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,
Well I have wanted to join the TOYOTA family for quite a while, but when this little Datto 1000 Ute came up for sale at $150, I couldn't pass it up!! The only restriction is that I am limited to a 1.6ltr engine... 4AGZE HERE WE COME!!!

Does anyone know who will be able to do such a conversion. We have just recently finished putting an EVO III motor into my '92 Galant GSR, but this one is a little too much for us. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Cheers, thanks and cant wait to talk to you guys
Trav
 Topic: injectors
celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
injectors Thu, 29 May 2003 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i was wondering if anybody knows the specs for vp v6 commodore injectors.. what impendence are they?
 Topic: some cool 4AGTE bits!!!!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

some cool 4AGTE bits!!!! Sat, 31 May 2003 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Heya Ppl,
what you do when you have access to CNC tooling and want to run 40PSI on a 4AGTE!!!
http://www.sitecenter.dk/sjctoyota/hjemmeside/

check ou the special projects too!
looks awesome.
Cya, Stewart
 Topic: Dizzy to suit 4AGE
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Dizzy to suit 4AGE Sun, 01 June 2003 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All. Couple of questions...

Just wondering, does anyone know what dizzy guts will best fit inside a 4AGE dizzy housing?

And what sort of ignition map does the 4AGE run, if idle is an 10 degrees BTDC, are we all in at lets say 35 by 2500rpm?
 Topic: Wiring Problem
krayzie
Regular

April 2003

Wiring Problem Mon, 02 June 2003 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone out there have awiring diagram for a 83 sprinter?

Topic: supra 7mgte questions
stasi
Regular

July 2002
supra 7mgte questions Tue, 03 June 2003 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys.. just wondering about the 1989 supra 3L 7mgte.
wats the difference between the GT Turbo S and GT Turbo A editions that came out? ive seen these models for sale on import websites. also any more info on the 1989 7mgte supra turbo times 1/4 mile and kw's.

thnx
stasi
 Topic: supra 7mgte questions.
stasi
Regular

July 2002
supra 7mgte questions. Tue, 03 June 2003 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys.. just wondering about the 1989 supra 3L 7mgte.
wats the difference between the GT Turbo S and GT Turbo A editions that came out? ive seen these models for sale on import websites. also any more info on the 1989 7mgte supra turbo times 1/4 mile and kw's.

thnx
stasi
 Topic: no fuel with a full tank
supra47287
Newcomer

May 2003

icon5.gif  no fuel with a full tank Tue, 03 June 2003 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i own a 1985 Celica with a 22R. Some times when i first get in the car the car thinks the fuel tank is empty so it wont start on me and when i get back in the car about 10 min later it sais i have a full tank like it is meant to say.

If you have any idea what this is please tell me because i would like to know. Thank You.
 Topic: AE86 <-> AE82 Brake boosters... the same part?
Necros
Regular

September 2002
AE86 <-> AE82 Brake boosters... the same part? Fri, 06 June 2003 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys,

Im just wondering if the ae86 and ae82 brake boosters are the same part?
 Topic: Forum Announcement
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

icon1.gif  Forum Announcement Fri, 06 June 2003 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A new server has been purchased by the Toymods Car Club and is now up and running!

Along with the new server some forum changes will take place that include changes to how the forums are sectioned. Each section will have specific rules as to what can be posted there and members are asked to read these rules and abide by them.

Significantly the General Forum Rules have also been formalised and can be found here. Please read them so that you know the behaviour expected of you.

The following members have already been banned after being warned and then continuing in inappropriate behaviour:

ROBBO_ma61
celicamad85

Whilst we do not wish to have heavily moderated forums and do want to encourage an open and friendly community we do expect certain behaviour.

We hope that these changes make the Toymods Forums an even stronger community of Toyota enthusiasts.

Feel free to post any comments or questions regarding these changes here.

Thank-you

Toymods Car Club Board

[Updated on: Tue, 17 June 2003 02:49]

Topic: 7AFE extractor?
pepsicola
Forums Junkie

August 2002

7AFE extractor? Fri, 06 June 2003 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw a corolla AE112 the other day, with 7AFE engine. the car is stock, but it actually come with a well structured extractor. Shocked
surprised me...
 Topic: 18RGEU AFM output voltage?
grphil
Occasional Poster

June 2003
18RGEU AFM output voltage? Sat, 07 June 2003 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
does anyone got the output voltages of the standard AFM of a 18RGEU? Rolling Eyes Or for the 2TGEU as these should be quite similar...,
Thanks, Gregor.
 Topic: Throttle lag
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Throttle lag Sun, 08 June 2003 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With my 4afe I sometimes get a kind of lag in the acceleration of the car. Instead of the smooth constant acceleration in gears like 2nd and 3rd the engine accelerates , then kinda feels like the revs are dying off and reaching a limit, even though the engine is at about 3-3.5k, then all of a sudden roars back to like and continues accelerating.

I was told my thermostat might be stuck open as I experienced this first when my car was cold , but after checking it and experiencing this while my car was warm I'm not quite sure what might be going on.

Any ideas?
 Topic: where to get piston rings and bearing for 2tg/3t hybrid
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
where to get piston rings and bearing for 2tg/3t hybrid Mon, 09 June 2003 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya guys, where can i get piston rings and bearing for a good price for my engine build.
thanks
Cool justin
 Topic: 89 Celica Issue
Tool
Newcomer

June 2003
89 Celica Issue Mon, 09 June 2003 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all,

Installed the stereo into the Celica yesterday, nothing too powerful, just basic H/U and 6*9's, so its not a power drain issue. Everything in, seemed to go fine (install #19 clocked up, so it wasn't like a first timers install). Put her back together, sounded nice. Drove off, accelerator seemed to not react properly. Figured, eh, maybe its a bit cold. Went to turn onto a main road. Barely moved. Thought nup, this isn't right. Was not getting any power to it for the first few seconds, then once it was up to revs it was a bit better but by no means perfect, wasn't changing gears where it should be either.

Took it back, pulled it all back apart and checked wiring etc etce tce, all seemed fine. Removed h/u from the loom, no better, removed fuses for engine computer thinggy which supposedly resets it if its got bad data in it, cleaned and re-seated battery terminals and contacts, nothing seemed to help. Shorted the diag. terminals and checked engine codes, blinking fine, no issues there it appears.

Unless there was some major coincidence and something broke yesterday, I'm shit outta ideas.

Had NRMA out to have a look at it, he reckons its most likely the torque converter. Was pulling 3000 RPM at one stage and barely moving, at other times it was doing 2500 and 70. Appeared to be making the power, just couldn't transfer it to the wheels.

If anyone has ANY thoughts as to what may be the casue if you could lemme know it'd be hugely appreciated.

TIA!

Craig
 Topic: exp. of interest 16" wheels and tyres
king16
Regular

July 2002
exp. of interest 16" wheels and tyres Mon, 09 June 2003 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exp. of interest 16" wheels and tyres off a 92 st184 celica,enkei 5 spokes,wheels in perfect condition,tyres 65% tread front, 85%tread back, 205/45/16.....
 Topic: Wheel Question?
Micbod
Regular

February 2003
Wheel Question? Thu, 12 June 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where can i get a fitment guide to see what wheels will fit what car etc?

I want to know if wheels from a 90' Laser will fit an AE82.

The pattern is the same, but not sure on offset...

Cheers
 Topic: Difference between hatch and seca?
ironside
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Difference between hatch and seca? Thu, 12 June 2003 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all, Just wondering what is the difference betwwen the Hatch and the seca exhausts. Is it just the final pipe over the sway bars that is longer in the seca? or is it all different?
 Topic: Gearbox paid work - help?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Gearbox paid work - help? Fri, 13 June 2003 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, my fifth gear slips under load. Upon inspection the number 3 hub sleve that fits onto fifth gear is worn where it connects with the gear and so is the gear on the inner set of teeth. (it is SO bizarre, I don't know why 5th of all gears would wear)

I have all brand new parts to repair it (ie, the fork rings and bearings) except the 5th gear , which is like $400 from toyota, so I bought a second hand gearbox for $100 the other day, and had a look at the 5th gear on that. It is in great condition, so all I have to do is swap the gear over.

On this model it is too easy, just take the transmission case cover off, and there it is. You don't even need to take the wheel off!

So, what is my problem you ask?

a) 2nd gear also is reluctant to go in on fast changes, you can force it but it crunches. I am hesitant to remove the drive shafts and stuff to get to second gear myself, and I don't think I can afford this at the moment, but if someone had the time, I would pay $40 per hour for the help plus some beers? Smile Basically some informed guidance. And we could use the parts from my spare gearbox.

b) Failing that, I am content just to replace 5th gear. This would take probably less than an hour, but some assistance would be great, as I didn't do all the work myself last time, and a mistake in the gearbox is probably worse than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

I have uni holidays now, so basically I have a little more time to do these things on my car that need doing. If even there is a workshop who you recommend who is not too pricey for the 5th gear I will be happy to take it there. I have had good experiences with Steve at Hornsby Brake and Clutch with Mum's '95 Landy (which is for sale), so that was where I would go first failing all else.

Sorry for the essay Smile

Rob
 Topic: Suspension vs. my wallet
sweathers
Regular

May 2002

Suspension vs. my wallet Sat, 14 June 2003 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Been considering my options re my shagged suspension and was hoping for some opinions..

So first up, i've got an '88 mx6 which still has the AAS (Automatic Adjustable Suspension or something to that effect) springs and shocks combo.

As i understand it, this system works by adjusting the firmness of the shocks via a valve run down the centre of the shocks which is wound open or closed by a motor at the top of each strut. The springs are softer than usual so a bit of their 'work' is offloaded to this modified shock which is why changing only the shocks response can alter the whole cars suspension.

Have I confused everyone yet? Good, here comes the question

Will ONLY changing the springs improve the ride at all?

Before everyone goes nuts, yes i understand you should change springs and shocks together but honestly the cost isn't justified. I can put new springs on for ~250 whereas the whole packages is going to run ~1000

Seeing as the shocks real job is to stop the rebound of the spring (leaving myself way open to correction here) the AAS ones should still work reasonably? right?
 Topic: Power Estimate
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Power Estimate Sat, 14 June 2003 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What type of power would i be likely to make at the engine with:
18r-geu (88270 head)
High comp pistons, at least 9.7
Ported and polished head

I'm guessing it would be in the vicinity of 150hp, maybe a little more.
 Topic: 5SFE tranny gear ratios
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

5SFE tranny gear ratios Sun, 15 June 2003 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anybody know if the gear ratios are longer (ie higher lower rpms at higher speeds) in the 5SFE's gearox compared to the gen 1 3SGE's S53 transmission?

thanks for the help guys
 Topic: 1ggte wiring looms
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

1ggte wiring looms Sun, 15 June 2003 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought a celica shell to put a 1ggte in and it was already wired for the engine. It seems to have the chasis loom from whatever car it is out of.

Basically it is one huge mess. When I had the engine in the old shell, I didn't use any of this, but it has some handy stuff like the charging circuit and fuseboxs and relays and such.

does anyonbe have documentation on what does what? there seems to be a lot of electronic shit that seems way too high-tech for a 77 celica so I'd like to remove it all. are there any chasis wiring diagrams floating around? Is there any way to tell what car it actually came from?

Chuck, this may actually be one of yours so you may be able to help. It was engineered in the ACT at some stage, you wouldn't forget the paint job.

Tim.
 Topic: Contemplating engine swap...
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Contemplating engine swap... Tue, 17 June 2003 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm considering doing an engine swap, but I wanted to get it ok'd by an engineer before I start work. Does anyone here know of a good (by good I mean cheap) engineer in the Sydney/Hills area?

-J-
 Topic: fuel tanks
MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
fuel tanks Wed, 18 June 2003 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the plow may be getting a minor transplant. is the ae92 4afe tank the same as the ae82 ge tank
 Topic: Rebuild manual for 4ag(z)e?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Rebuild manual for 4ag(z)e? Thu, 19 June 2003 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone have a rebuild manual for a 4AG(Z)E?

Many thanks,
Joel
 Topic: What are the specs for 18rgeu injectors?
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
What are the specs for 18rgeu injectors? Thu, 19 June 2003 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
 Topic: 1GGT and 1JZTE exhaust manifolds
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
1GGT and 1JZTE exhaust manifolds Fri, 20 June 2003 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I'm looking for the dimensions of the exhaust manifolds for these two engines. Anyone got a pic they can send me or an exhaust manifold/gasket lying around they could take some measurements off for me? Much appreciated

simpsonj@epa.nsw.gov.au
 Topic: solved
MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
solved Sat, 21 June 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 21 June 2003 11:18]

Topic: Wheel bearings Levin GTZ
VB gze
Regular

January 2003
Wheel bearings Levin GTZ Mon, 23 June 2003 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can somebody tell me whether front wheel bearings are the same in the AE93 as they are in the GTZ wheel hub assembly. I ask because this way i can swap my old hub in and then repair the one thats in there.

What type of bearing is in the front wheel drives, never pulled one out so not sure what to expect, can they be tightened up like the rear wheel drive cars.
Any input is appreciated??
 Topic: anyone know off-hand if aftermarket pedals are legal in qld ?
waynewatson
Regular

May 2003
anyone know off-hand if aftermarket pedals are legal in qld ? Tue, 24 June 2003 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i need a different set for the seca, the toyota ones are too slippery.

ps: i looked at the ones in the sa63, looked exactly the same (maybe a smidge bigger), couldn't understand why they feel so different.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 June 2003 00:45]

Topic: 4AGE Port & Polish
SXI16V
Regular

June 2003

4AGE Port & Polish Wed, 25 June 2003 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know a good place to get this done?
If so, how much? Very Happy
 Topic: toyota engine differences
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
toyota engine differences Wed, 25 June 2003 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like toyota make 2 different altezza 3sge engines the auto is different to the manual
valves are 35inlet and 29.5 for the exhaust and they are tititium and are 33mm buckets on the valve train
the auto has 34.5 inlets and 29.5 exhaust but are normal valves ,in the valve and 31 mm buckets in the valve train
the 2 engines have 2 hp figures as well 1 at 210 ps at 7600 and the auto 200ps at 7000 and yet on motec engine dyno with motec ecu and auto motor they had readings of 200 at 7500 with the wrong correction figure
i wonder if the 3sgte engines are different in the auto and manual as well
 Topic: Supra Headlight Adjustment
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Supra Headlight Adjustment Thu, 26 June 2003 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My headlights are a little out of alignment (height wise) on my MA70 supra.

There is a screw underneath the light (when they're popped up, and looking from sitting in front of the car, theres a small hole under the globe, with a philips head screw in it), but it doesn't change the height, is it broken or is this the wrong screw?

I couldn't be bothered pulling it appart, as its not THAT bad, but would like it changed if it was just a different screw.
 Topic: hey guys problem with the fuel tank fitting
MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
hey guys problem with the fuel tank fitting Thu, 26 June 2003 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the plow may be getting a minor transplant. is the ae92 4afe tank the same as the ae82 ge tank.
 Topic: AE82 - Using an EFI loom in a 4AC
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
AE82 - Using an EFI loom in a 4AC Thu, 26 June 2003 10:22 Go to previous message
I'm looking to do an EFI engine conversion to an AE82 4AC Hatch from an AE82 Twincam with an 88kw engine. Does anyone know if I can use the Twinky loom in the hatch until I transplant the engine later on and then plug the computer, etc in ?
Pages (35): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:46:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.050630807876587 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.