Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Today's Posts (OFF) | Unanswered Posts (ON)

Forum: Tech & Conversions
 Topic: 4age motor probs - rebuild or buy another?
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

4age motor probs - rebuild or buy another? Sun, 10 August 2003 05:40 Go to next message
ok, been sussed for a while about the cond of my motor... it seems healthy with a lot of compression but the Oil rings are rooted. It has blow by with some oil fumes being blown out the dip stick hole.. also a little puff of smoke on decel and then booting it again.

Its a 100kw big port 4age motor so what are my options?

get a basic rebuild kit and manual and DIY (not beyond me at all, would be a learing exp tho!)

or

get another short block?

Simon
  Send a private message to this user    
 Topic: Air Con Installation
ChrisGTI
Newcomer

August 2003

icon4.gif  Air Con Installation Mon, 11 August 2003 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guyz,

I Have an AE92 GTi Hatch, with no Aircon Mad atm and am currently looking at purchasing the one from one of the forum members...

Air con (complete with compressor,condenser,pipes,etc)
from a AE92 GZE... what price should i be looking at paying for it?

Since i dont know much about it, is there any problems with installing it into a stock AE92? such as installation probs, wiring issues etc? is there anything i need 2 purchase or have done?

Thanks Heaps

Chris
 Topic: Hooking up existing CD stacker?
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Hooking up existing CD stacker? Mon, 11 August 2003 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

Just finished putting a new head unit (and speakers) in my mates AE101 Corolla an I was wondering if anyone had the pin outs for the 6 CD stacker the car previously had.

The new headunit apparently has CD stacker control (Uses a plug that kinda looks like a PS keyboard!), does anyone have the pinouts for that sort of control as well?

Thanks for the help guys, I'm hoping that I can set it up to work with the new head unit Confused

Cheers
Wilbo
 Topic: rim sizes
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
rim sizes Tue, 12 August 2003 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,
Im looking to buy new rims on my sprinter at the moment I have 13 by 6 and I am thinkin whether to go for 14 or 15 which one will you choose and what will be the difference? At the front I wil be using 6.5 inch and the rear 7 inch.
Thanks
 Topic: 18RGUE Computer & Loom
celicadbz
Occasional Poster

May 2003
18RGUE Computer & Loom Tue, 12 August 2003 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am buying a 18rgue engine which has no computer/ loom, would like to know if anybody has one.
Or can another engine computer and loom work on it and which engines computer are they?
 Topic: Speedo replacement (A70 Supra)
RiGo
Regular

July 2002
Speedo replacement (A70 Supra) Thu, 14 August 2003 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm replacing the 180km/h speedo on my JDM Supra with a 280km/h Australian speedo and I've hit a snag.

The little stick which you push in to reset the trip meter has a little cap/knob which has a bigger diameter than the rest of the stick and than the little hole through which it goes. This stops the speedo assembly from sliding out and from coming apart from the bezel.

How the hell do I get the bugger out!?!?!???

HELP!
 Topic: 2tg cams defferent versions
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
icon2.gif  2tg cams defferent versions Thu, 14 August 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a 2tg head with 11111-88222 im just wondering, i have a set of 11111-88260 cams lying around, with deffferent compresions with earlier engine etc would this cams have aany benifit on power for me, (im wanting to go faster)

Thanks heeps Jason
 Topic: need to know how much to lower an ae92 hatch ??
kayot1k
Regular

July 2003

need to know how much to lower an ae92 hatch ?? Thu, 14 August 2003 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi everyone,

i need to know how much should i lower a rolla hatch ae92 of course with stock 14inch wheels to ?
i want them to be a nice low look but not a roough ride or too low incases where ill have trouble getting over obstacles such as speed humps.

i wwas thinking 2 inches possibly 2 and a half at max what do you guys think ?

also i have a 3 inch cannon tip, anyway thought it might help with deciding the height to lower it.

thanks
 Topic: connecting handbrake cable?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
connecting handbrake cable? Fri, 15 August 2003 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok i have some sort of import diff that the previous owner didn't know what it was except it was off a 4wd. He said possible Pajero. It has a handbrake cable that is about 40cm long and it needs to connect to another. I don't have the front cable from my Corona. So can someone tell me if an XT130 Corona has a single cable or does it connect half way?

thanks in advance
 Topic: AE86 seats, in an AE82
encounta
Regular

July 2002
AE86 seats, in an AE82 Fri, 15 August 2003 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys. Just wondering if the seats in the AE86's, gti's, sx's corolla's, will be an exact fit in an AE82 twin cammer.
Thankx in advance
 Topic: Aussie Springs
dispatcher
Regular

July 2002
Aussie Springs Sun, 17 August 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone here knows if the Cressida GX60 shares springs (type and size) with any other models (maybe other car brands i.e Benz etc)Trying to get performance type springs to match.

Heard about Dobinsons and Kings ??

cheers

[Updated on: Mon, 18 August 2003 09:00]

Topic: 20V Engine Check Light
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

icon4.gif  20V Engine Check Light Sun, 17 August 2003 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can anyone tell me what colour the wire is from the ecu that gives the engine check light a signal?

thanks
 Topic: Broken Map Sensor Plug wire Melted My Cat
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Broken Map Sensor Plug wire Melted My Cat Mon, 18 August 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SX & GTI owners beware!

If your front/rear engine mount is worn out and ur engine rocks back & forth under throttle or gear changes, there's a good chance it is pulling hard on the plug that connects the map sensor to the wiring harness, putting strain on the 3 wires to the point where one or more will snap from the plug, If this happens, your air/fuel mapping will be out. the computer will get incorrect air flow readings and get the air/fuel mixtures wrong leading to backfiring into the airbox and unburned fuel getting into you exhaust(Catalytic converter), then the heat that builds up causes the fuel to burn and melt the cat, creating a blockage

Moral of the story, Don't do what I did and leave a worn engine mount untreated for about a year like I did. The whose disaster ended up costing me around $500 and I was lucky I was able to find the cause of the problem coz the auto electrician couldn't.
 Topic: What disk Brake rear will fit in a 1982 corona
coronapwr
Occasional Poster

August 2003
icon9.gif  What disk Brake rear will fit in a 1982 corona Tue, 19 August 2003 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a 1982 toyota corona lift back and I was wanting to put a Disk Brake rear end in it with a LSD (so both wheels would spin instead of just one wheel spinning all the time)

Has any one done the conversion or knows how to could u tell me

[Updated on: Thu, 21 August 2003 04:39]

Topic: ST185 Springs on ST184
isaac
Regular

March 2003
ST185 Springs on ST184 Thu, 21 August 2003 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will ST185 lowering springs fit on a ST184. I don't see why not. Also, how hard are they to install, how long does it take, and what's an average price to expect to pay?
 Topic: 288 Degree Cams for 4AGE
Necros
Regular

September 2002
288 Degree Cams for 4AGE Thu, 21 August 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Ppls,

Im just wondering where 288 degree inlet/outlet cams with about 8.5/9mm lift cam be obtained from at a _reasonable_ price?
 Topic: Engine Sensors?
RA231G-GTE
Occasional Poster

August 2003
icon5.gif  Engine Sensors? Fri, 22 August 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My 1ggte is running rich, have been advised to have sensors checked, as i was told sometimes they seize up,i have never seen these engine sensors before as I'm not that mechanically knowledgeable with these engine can anyone help with pics or information,would be appreciated.Is there any manuals on line for this engine?
 Topic: Any 1ggte mech in melb eastrn subs?
RA231G-GTE
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Any 1ggte mech in melb eastrn subs? Fri, 22 August 2003 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone know of a good mech that knows these 1ggte engines someone that doesnt charge through the arse and can be trusted ive been to to many sharks that havent got a clue,any contacts would be great.
 Topic: Corona brakes
4a-c
Regular

April 2003
Corona brakes Sat, 23 August 2003 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did any of the corona models come standard with vented front disk's? Cheers
 Topic: Fuel filter for a 86 soarer
punkdefender
Regular

May 2002

Fuel filter for a 86 soarer Sun, 24 August 2003 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I have a soarer with 1g-gte, was wondering where the fuel filter is located? I have looked under the bonnet but all I could find was black (coal?) canister for fuel overflow...
Cheers
 Topic: quad throttle body
bk`s celi
Newcomer

April 2003
quad throttle body Mon, 25 August 2003 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey me again, i really want some info on a quad throttle body for a 3S-GE in a st-162. so any one with some info can u tell me about it??????
thanks
brad
 Topic: which engine for my ae92?
AE92_Braddy
Newcomer

August 2003
which engine for my ae92? Mon, 25 August 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have heard so many different reports as to which engine is best for my purpose any help would be much appreciated. I have an AE92 hatch that is and always will be a daily driver eventually to be a show car aswell. I wanna get more power out of it so i can compete with WRX'x and V8's but I dunno which engine to use. Someone please help.

Cheers
Brad.
 Topic: ma61 supra + mx73 cressida brakes
Cressida Supra
Regular

September 2002

ma61 supra + mx73 cressida brakes Mon, 25 August 2003 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, i'm told the ma61 supra front brakes are slightly larger than my mx73's brakes.

i have aquired a set of discs from an ma61
my question is do i have to change the calipers aswell? or just the discs??

and anything else i am forgetting?
 Topic: Will someone help me write a GZE to AE86 wiring article
irishtwincam
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Will someone help me write a GZE to AE86 wiring article Mon, 25 August 2003 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,

INFO:
I will be installing a 4agze with my bro into European MAP 4age AE86.
The 4agze and loom w have came from an AE86 in the UK.
The loom is a bit butchered but we think we can make it work. Currently Im goin through the wires cut during the install to find their purpose.
Some pics are linked below.
Ignore the questions on the webpage, I have answered most of them myself with a circuit tester!

http://www.csn.ul.ie/~eireae86/04June2003/Garage3. htm
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~eireae86/gallery%2022/DANCO% 204AGZE.html

WHO CAN HELP:
I am looking for someone who is used to installing 4agzes into AE86s or some other car enough to to know where in the car to get power from, where to wire the AE86 circuit opening relay to the GZE engine loom and so forth.

I would like to end up with a picturebook instll of the wiring as this is NEVER on ANY website!

WHAT TO DO:
If you are willing to help please send me an email
pjturner@yahoo.com

I will not have internet access for several days due to problems in my area but do not hesitate to ask!

Thanks for your time,
 Topic: Vac lines where do they go ?
dispatcher
Regular

July 2002
Vac lines where do they go ? Tue, 26 August 2003 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1G GTE...inlet manifold chamber ..where do this 2 hook up to ??http://photopile.com/photos/dispatcher/auctions/29950.jpg
 Topic: YN57 hilux
airfireman1
Regular

August 2003
YN57 hilux Wed, 27 August 2003 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just bought a 1984 YN57 hilux 4X2 for my son. The body is good but drive train is shot (3Y with auto) Just a slow worn out pig. What is a good motor conversion with 5 speed?, have considered an 18rgu as I have one sitting around. It was going to go in my ra28 I am restoring. Is this the best option or is there something better that will fit with out too many mods? Any clues?
 Topic: GZE Map ecu on a 4agte??
QUP-16V
Occasional Poster

August 2003
GZE Map ecu on a 4agte?? Wed, 27 August 2003 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Anyone running a map gze computer in there gte? If so how are you finding it? Ok to use for short term?? What are you doing with the blue and brown solonids? Just disconnecting them?

Ben

[Updated on: Fri, 29 August 2003 05:54]

Topic: idea for a tech forum 'sticky' topic
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

idea for a tech forum 'sticky' topic Thu, 28 August 2003 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all the links we can find to 1g* conversions, forum threads, articles etc, so people look there first

comments?

edit: beacuse i've seen what some of you guys do to people who ask about this, and its not pretty Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 28 August 2003 05:39]

Topic: Sand blasting in Bris
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Sand blasting in Bris Sat, 30 August 2003 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey
Does anyone in Bris have a sand blaster? Or know someone who is cheap, I want to get the clear coat off my wheels so that I can restore them and I figure sandblasting is the best way to go!

Anyone got any other ideas on the best way to restore them?

Cheers
Wilbo

[Updated on: Sat, 30 August 2003 04:46]

Topic: body kit
82rolla
Newcomer

August 2003

icon6.gif  body kit Sat, 30 August 2003 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anybody know if i can put a 87 corrolla sedan front and rear bumper on my 1982 ke70 rolla??

or do i have to take it to a bdoy kit shop so they can fit it for me???
 Topic: anyone fitted 4a-ge to ae82 automatic?
J.E.M
Occasional Poster

July 2003
anyone fitted 4a-ge to ae82 automatic? Sun, 31 August 2003 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys,

Im thinking of putting a 4a-ge in my mums ae82 4a-c
corolla automatic:)

Fitting the engine seems pretty straight forward, the only thing im wondering is, the 4ac ring gear is 6 bolt, and the 4a-ge flywheel is 8 bolt.

Any ideas of a ring gear which will bolt up to the 4age crank and to the 4ac auto torque convertor? or should i have one made?

other than that, can anyone see any other probs with this conversion?

actually the kick down cable might be a prob too, any ideas of a throttle body which will bolt on and accomodate the kick down cable?

any advice is appreciated.

regards
Adam N.
 Topic: Power Steering Adapter for MA61/RA65
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
icon4.gif  Power Steering Adapter for MA61/RA65 Mon, 01 September 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im after the little bronze adapter that connects the high pressure hose to the steering rack.

My question is, does this adapter vary for the steering rack of the MA61 and the RA65?

Hopefully going to pull one tomorrow if i can get an answer!

ta guys.
 Topic: Sunroof Rubber
natez
Regular

April 2003
Sunroof Rubber Tue, 02 September 2003 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey

I'm getting my ae86 resprayed this week, trying to get ahold of a new sunroof rubber for the factory sunroof the rubber that you see on the outside of the car,

i dont really want to try calling toyota about this rubber part, i can see prices in excess of $100, But if you have the part number i'll be a tad more happy with that...

and actaully if anyone has a Rust free sunroof, that you are willing to sell, give me a PM

Topic: kevlar brakes??
redlineGTi
Regular

May 2003
kevlar brakes?? Tue, 02 September 2003 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any way thinking about buying kevlar brakes. just wondering what u guys think or have experinced and whether to buy street stuff or green stuff. thanks alot
 Topic: Calipers to suit RWD Starlet
prairie650
Newcomer

September 2003
icon10.gif  Calipers to suit RWD Starlet Wed, 03 September 2003 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Want to improve the front brakes of our Starlet, but retain existing struts and 13" wheels. Have slightly larger Corolla discs which fit straight onto Starlet stubs, but the 4-pot Austin Princess calipers I have are way too wide. Can anyone suggest suitable 2-pot calipers (both pistons on inside rather than opposed to each other) or alternative that will suit the narrow un-vented Corolla discs, stub mounting and disc offset. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
 Topic: dash loom?
tim123c
Regular

May 2003
dash loom? Thu, 04 September 2003 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,
I know there are ECU pinouts etc, but does anyone know the wiring pin diagram for the dash loom.
Does anyone happen to know where the Reversing light wire comes through the fire wall. Is it through the dash loom with the ecu loom?
When converting an ae92 with efi to a gze, the dash loom from the new engine should just plug straight in to the old plug, correct?
With mine, the gze plug is 2 pins shorter than the original, what are the extra two wires left over, are they needed? i think they are pink and plack.
Thanks.
 Topic: where to buy coilovers
tairatcliff
Occasional Poster

July 2003
where to buy coilovers Sun, 07 September 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am looking for some coil overs for a 88 model sx celica, where can i get them or are they even available?
 Topic: RA60 Window Rubbers
xaymaca
Occasional Poster

July 2003
RA60 Window Rubbers Sun, 07 September 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know any good places in Melbourne that sell window rubber for RA60's? How much would I expect to pay? Is it hard to install them myself?

xay.
 Topic: 3S-GE repair help needed!
drdma
Newcomer

September 2003

3S-GE repair help needed! Sun, 07 September 2003 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Car type: 1991 Celica, 3S-GE T-VIS, 2000 ccm, M/T, W/O A/C.

Symptom: When starting a cold motor, the motor spins up and works ok for a 1-2 second (rpm is around 1700-2000), then stalls (with the symptom of misfire). After that it doesn't start anymore; when the ignition key is turned on, every time it spins up, hears a normal motor noise for a second, the crankling stops, and the motor stalls again. After an 1-2 hour, I can start the motor normally, the idle is ok, but when I press the gas pedal, the motor is bogging. When it is warm, everything is ok. After ignition, the rpm is around 1600-1800 for a second, the normalizes around 1200. After warming up the motor, it falls to 800-900. Everything seems to normal.

When starting the cold motor, it doesn't react for the gas pedal. It stalls.

My questions: Is this model has EGR valve? Is the fuel evaporative system? What are the differences between the 3S-GTE and the 3S-GE, because my repair manuals are for the MR2?

The air filter is clean, fuel pressure is ok, no diagnostic code stored in computer, system seems to be ok.

Any hint? Whant can I check? I someone has the Haynes repair manual, please, inform me: is there any infos about the vacuum system/hoses/sensors?

Thanks!
 Topic: soarer TT brakes on to a sw20 T
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
soarer TT brakes on to a sw20 T Mon, 08 September 2003 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys all i know is the stud parttern is the same and i know i will loose the use of abs but what is involved in swaping the sw20 brakes for the soarer TT brakes + rotors obviously.?
what do i need what needs to be customised or is it even possable with out spending a huge amount of money on labour costs???
 Topic: Pictures of an SW20 a-a intercooler needed
Undertow
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Pictures of an SW20 a-a intercooler needed Mon, 08 September 2003 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm looking at buying a real cheap one over the internet. Does anyone have a picture of one? Or some measurements?
 Topic: Ke26 wagon ca18det swap
1jmx83
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Ke26 wagon ca18det swap Mon, 08 September 2003 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi everyone.

I have a ke26 wagon similar to a ke25 just a wagon. Im looking at doing a ca18det swap. Just looking for anyone who has done this swap or knows any info. Any help is appreciated.

Ben Platten
bplatten@adam.com.au
 Topic: 3S to rwd, headers?
fordp
Occasional Poster

September 2003
3S to rwd, headers? Mon, 08 September 2003 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi All;
I'm putting a 3s-fe into a suzuki, and was wondering what exhaust I should use? I'm looking for a 2S bellhousing and I "think" the exhaust will be in the way.
Any help welcome.
Pat
BTW if this swap works my other suzuki will get a 3S-GE or better.
 Topic: need information inter coller pump st205
user666
Newcomer

September 2003
need information inter coller pump st205 Thu, 11 September 2003 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

I am new

At first sorry for my poor english

I have a T18 C at the moment i am installing a 3SGTE III engine (ST205) and also a kompl. 4WD drive

I need information about the inter cooler pump control

Who can tell me (explain to me) what kinds of signal are at the pin MTT / +M / -M

(diagram)

http://www.black-celica.de/pics/engine_control.jpg

and what does the ECU need them for

Or what do i have to do to run the engine with another pump

a pump with only a (+/-) conector like the pump from the ST185 model

thank you for your responces

best regards

tarkan

Topic: Brake booster
citygazer
Newcomer

September 2003

Brake booster Thu, 11 September 2003 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Im a ford nut who has absolutely no problem with retro fiting quality toyota parts to my cars.

I want to use a toyota master cylinder and booster to my capri (1972 3000gt) I've been told a dual circuit corona usint would be good. Can anyone reccoment what I should be looking for, or not, so I get the best braking for my money, as it were.

Thanks fellas.
 Topic: 18RG Exhaust system components location - Which is more restrictive?
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
18RG Exhaust system components location - Which is more restrictive? Thu, 11 September 2003 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HEY ALL,

I have a ra28 with the 18R-GEU, with higher comp(9.3?) pistons, it has pacemaker extractors into 2" pipe all the way to the end which has one dead muffler.
At the moment it is VERY loud.. it is fun but it doesnt sound a good loud, its just lumpy lumpy pop crackle hehe Laughing because the end muffler is f-cked.

Yesterday i bought a 15" hotdog resonator and a 15" thin oval muffler which is said to be slightly quieter than the hotdog, and was $5 dearer.

Now because i bought two different types, i was wondering which would be more restrictive/effective?
I mean should i put the hotdog nearer the motor with the thin oval nearer the back, OR the oval box nearer the extractors followed by the hot dog..

I am getting a new end muffler soon as i get the car on the road, so that isnt a worry for me atm. The exhaust shop guy couldnt decide which should go first, bu thought it wouldnt really matter.. Just wondering if anyone has done the similar thing and could recommend which could improve sound and decrease restrictiveness..
I wanted it to be quiet with a nice note.. I dont care about loudness, i dont wanna get cop attention.

If someone could host pics i could put them up to show evryone what mufflers im on about..

Cheers heaps if anyone can give any advice,
much appreciated

Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
icon7.gif  help - identify trd cams 4 4age Fri, 12 September 2003 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My friend has a set of TRD CAMs, n e 1 know what this is

Visual inspection shows
--
TRD
-
-
--
Anyone knows what these are?

Partick
 Topic: 2Tgeu EFI Wiring diagram
biohazard TA22
Regular

September 2003
2Tgeu EFI Wiring diagram Sat, 13 September 2003 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there,
I have a fuel injection system to suit my 2Tg head which is soon to be back from reconditioning. It came with a delco 808 computer which I know is compatible as I have seen similar setups running.

My problem is the plug to the computer has been cut and lost before I got the EFI setup. The main loom has 16 multicoloured wires and the numbers 222210-2603 & 195900-04 underneath the air intake.

The person I got it from told me it was a simple task to wire it up but I have had no luck finding a wiring diagram! A copy of the 2tgeu wiring diagram and/or any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 Topic: Gearbox swap overs.
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Gearbox swap overs. Sun, 14 September 2003 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it possible for a 4age ( blue or red top ) gearbox to be used on a 4afe engine , fwd obviously. IE - Do the mounts line up and do the higher ratios of the ge box matter at all?
 Topic: head studs for 4K Toyota motor
kmwdesign777
Occasional Poster

August 2003
head studs for 4K Toyota motor Sun, 14 September 2003 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For anybody that is interested; I have just fitted a set of ARP head studs to a supercharged 4K motor in a clubman.
The part nos. are....AM5.000-1LB stud
AMN12-1 nut
AMW750N washer

cost US$9.98 each set x8

They torque down to 60 ftlbs ( thats 12,015 psi !!! )..a little bit more than the standard 48 ftlbs...

regards, kevin.
 Topic: Which Brake Booster? 165 or 162
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Which Brake Booster? 165 or 162 Sun, 14 September 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a bit of a problem trying to decide, at standard the ST162 has single pots calipers all round and the ST165 has twin pots all round.

However I am going to use the twin pots off the ST165 at the front with my standard ST162 single pots rear. Because I have the brake booster from both cars which one should I use (the 165 or the 162)?

Would there be any complications if I used the ST165 booster.

Your input is welcome thanks.
 Topic: fixed dodgy flatspot!
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
fixed dodgy flatspot! Mon, 15 September 2003 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did a service on my car on the weekend, oil,filters,plugs,points.
I thought right should be sweet now - no still jumpin and couhgin so got back home, I said to my brother (whos a mechanic) i bet theres shit stuck in the jets nah there wont be you can take the float bowl of if it makes you happy so i did and there was a big blop of shit stuck in one of the jets so took it out gave it a good squirt with carbie clean, thanks you mother for the rabbits!

runs sweet!
Lets hope it stays that way for the drags this weekend.

so this lesson has taught me something never trust a mechanic Laughing
 Topic: Driving Lights
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Driving Lights Tue, 16 September 2003 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone fitted any driving lights to the two little spots below the indicators on a st185 Group A front bumper?? Does it work? does it look ok?

I have been avoiding doing it, but as i am doing a fair bit of country driving i want to avoid those damn roos!
 Topic: Replacing ae82 twinky cv boot
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Replacing ae82 twinky cv boot Wed, 17 September 2003 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My inner CV boot on the passenger's side has split and grease is everywhere, the bloody shafts were replaced less than 2 years ago. It's only just happened so I reckon I can get away with replacing the boot only, how hard is this to do? I need to get hold of a service manual but can anyone throw me some tips/advice on changing it?
 Topic: A40 Tech info
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

A40 Tech info Wed, 17 September 2003 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys,
Can anyone tell me where i can find a A40 workshop manual ??

Or where i can find out what torque i am supposed to set the bands to??

thanks,
Cam
 Topic: blue slip help
toyseca
Regular

May 2002
blue slip help Wed, 17 September 2003 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know where i can get a blue slip from that will pass a car without engineering, i have fairly extensive mods to car, but engine is standard meaning low, bigger wheels and interior. please help me out!
 Topic: w55 gearbox bushes
bozwon
Regular

March 2003
w55 gearbox bushes Thu, 18 September 2003 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i replaced the bushes in my shifter the other day but the bottom bush (the small white nylon bush) is smaller then the link it slides into at the top of the gearbox. has anyone else replaced this part and has the correct part number for this gearbox.

cheers
mat
 Topic: TRL VFCC fuel cut on a 1JZ
HedgehogSandwich
Regular

May 2002
TRL VFCC fuel cut on a 1JZ Thu, 18 September 2003 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone fitted a TRL VFCC to control fuel cut to the 1JZ? Im running borderline on 14.5 psi meaning i occasionally creep into fuel cut territory.

Im pretty sure the TRL VFCC cant be used on the 1JZ at 1bar boost due to the fuel cut being out of the range of the VFCC unit.

Has anyone succesfully used one on their 1JZ?

I cant get hold of pete (TRL) at the mo so thought id ask on here.

Basically, it appears that the fuel cut removal circuit on the TRL unit can only operate ( ie provide to the ECU) up to 4.4volts, meaning the car will be 10% lean at 1bar. The overboost feature is also below 5 volts which means that even at its highest setting the overboost will come in and still cut fuel at around 14.5psi... exactly what im getting now without using a unit.

Has anyone fitted one to the 1JZ and not had a problem with running lean because of it? How did you set it up?

PS Before anyone asks im not slagging the VFCC... TRL stuff is great quality and very well thought out.. im using a TRL speed converter and delimiter on the 1JZ which pete kindly reprogrammed for the 1JZ scaled speed signal..
Im just stumped as to how the VFCC can be used on the 1JZ at 1bar boost.
If anyones interested his page is at www.trlperformance.com

adi

[Updated on: Thu, 18 September 2003 09:10]

Topic: How much would you pay for an ra23?
acv17
Occasional Poster

September 2003
How much would you pay for an ra23? Fri, 19 September 2003 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have an ra23 1976 LT Auto 2000cc. It has only done about up to 90000klms and is in perfect original condition. I also have service history and rego for nearly a year. If i was to sell it, how much???
 Topic: gearbox change
airfireman1
Regular

August 2003
icon5.gif  gearbox change Fri, 19 September 2003 02:17 Go to previous message
I have located a 5 speed Hilux 2wd gearbox cheap, does anyone know if the bell housing is interchangeable with an early model running a 4y. this box is from a 98/99 model. Hence the starter motor relief is on the wrong side.
I need to know as soon as possible before someone else buys it.
Thanks all info kindly appreciated
Pages (35): [ «  <  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  >  »]

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 11:23:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.049542903900146 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.