Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Today's Posts (OFF) | Unanswered Posts (ON)

Forum: Tech & Conversions
 Topic: ae92 oil cooler??
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
ae92 oil cooler?? Sat, 06 December 2003 13:50 Go to next message
Did ae92's come with oil coolers from factory?
My corolla csi appears to have one and I was wondering if it was from factory.
  Send a private message to this user    
 Topic: FYI - 20v 4age rebuild parts now available!!
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
FYI - 20v 4age rebuild parts now available!! Mon, 08 December 2003 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys,

just thought i'd let you know about some of the 4age 20v parts that are now available.

vrs kit (all jap gaskets- made by the same company that makes them for toyota) inc. valve stem seals $341

20v viton valve stem seals $3.30 ea (toyota $10 ea)

4age 100kw/20v front main seal $12

4age 100kw/20v rear main seal $15.50

4age 20v intake cam seal. this seal previously not available in australia and sold for up to $60. we have had them especially imported from japan. $22 ea

4age 20v exhaust cam seal (same as 16v in/ex cam seals)$7.70 ea

ps all these items are in stock.

T
 Topic: 7k-e efi
ogip
Occasional Poster

December 2003

7k-e efi Tue, 09 December 2003 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need an 7k-e diagram? is there any body here owns a copy.

thanks
 Topic: Gen 2 Camry with WRX rims?
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Gen 2 Camry with WRX rims? Tue, 09 December 2003 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have a chance to get some 16" wrx rims, though they have a high offset of roughly 45mm. will this be a problem for my Gen 2 which i beleive has a 38mm offset?
 Topic: 2a to 4age
rolla_boy
Occasional Poster

October 2003
2a to 4age Tue, 09 December 2003 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i am about to change my engine i have

4age
starter motor
coil
distributor
5 speed gear box

what else do i need

high pressure fuel system.......
MAP SENSOR....???
CPU...........???
loom???????
can ya give me some help please i am about to buy the engine and i need to get it all done b4 the 7th of january
 Topic: 4e-fte/5e-fe/5e-fte hybrid
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
4e-fte/5e-fe/5e-fte hybrid Tue, 09 December 2003 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone got any experience or knowlege of these engines whatsoever
nissan crazy mates got the idea of putting one of these under his ke10 and asked me 4 advise

[Updated on: Tue, 09 December 2003 13:09]

Topic: plumbing
2Lsupra
Regular

November 2003
plumbing Tue, 09 December 2003 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i was to put new fmic on a ga70, would the existing plumbing be adequate?
because this would make it a rather easy job i would think...
any help greatly accepted.
 Topic: TRD
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
TRD Wed, 10 December 2003 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone got a current TRD order book with prices ?
after specific info on 4agze and 2jzgte
 Topic: EGO sensor
86racer
Regular

May 2002
EGO sensor Wed, 10 December 2003 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do I know if EGO sensor is stuffed ??? Is there a way to test it ??

Cheers
 Topic: where is the rest of the head
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

icon9.gif  where is the rest of the head Thu, 11 December 2003 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what happened to the rest fo this head, do u know of a reason except for oil drainage, and do u know why the HG doesnt line up

it a 88270 18RGEU head

www.geocities.com/mrdohc2000/images/18rghead1.jpg

www.geocities.com/mrdohc2000/images/18rghead3.jpg

www.geocities.com/mrdohc2000/images/18rghead2.jpg

sorry about the not linking it but geocities sucks

[Updated on: Thu, 11 December 2003 12:36]

Topic: brake converson for ST162?!?!?!?!?!?
nitrous_injection
Occasional Poster

November 2003
brake converson for ST162?!?!?!?!?!? Fri, 12 December 2003 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey ya all,
im keen to do a brake converson to my st162 but im not sure what to get? i know gt4 brakes and callipers will fit, but im looking at something bigger than them. any idears woulld be great.
cheers
 Topic: interesting ct20 turbo varitations.
haydennz
Regular

June 2003
interesting ct20 turbo varitations. Sat, 13 December 2003 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have just spent the last day, yes, day, taking the oil cooled CT20 off my 3tgteu to replace it with a watercooled/non oil leaking ct20. upon removal i was heart broken, the watercooled ct20 was NOTHING like the oil cooled one, both had slightly different compressor housings and the exahust housings where nothing alike.

Oil Cooled version has a Larger exhuast wheel, by atleast 1.5mm
and what appears to also be a larger compressor(cant confirm yet till i take it apart as well) by 1-1.5mm also.
it also has a HUGE gap for the exahust to go through to the turbine were as the water cooled version has a very tiny track(whole housing is much smaller in fact)

now im quite confused, the water cooled version is the later version, so why does it have a smaller track to the turbine, a SMALLER exahust wheel and a SMALLER compressor wheel than my oil cooled ct20?

Also the Oil cooled version has quite a large crack where the wastegate hole is, how can I fix this as im going to use the oil cooled exhuast housing regardless cause its much. (main reason for taking turbo off is because with the new 3"er its overboosting above 3krpm)

whats combinations are better, eg, huge compreesor little exahust(nope!) or huge exhuast and little compressor(yep!)?

please reply if you are still reading !

ps. yes, they are BOTH ct20's not ct20b or anything like that.

[Updated on: Sat, 13 December 2003 07:40]

Topic: 2TG -> KE20 questions
Gib Sandwich
Occasional Poster

May 2003

2TG -> KE20 questions Sat, 13 December 2003 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys

How easy is this swap to do?
Does it offer better fuel consumption than a 5k?

And how much does it cost?
 Topic: Dust boots on ball joints
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Dust boots on ball joints Mon, 15 December 2003 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm assembling my lower control arms at the moment, I've had my balljoints pressed into the control arms - but how do I fit the dust boot on? Is it just meant to sit on the ball joint? Or is it actually meant to lock onto it? I would imagine it's meant to lock on, but I can't push it on... Do I need to have this pressed on too?
 Topic: How much to reseal a turbo
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

How much to reseal a turbo Mon, 15 December 2003 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much would it cost to put a new set of seals in a turbo, if thats all thats wrong, can i do it myself
 Topic: All the strengthened & parts sold for 4age's, do they fit gze's as well?
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
All the strengthened & parts sold for 4age's, do they fit gze's as well? Tue, 16 December 2003 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All the strengthened & parts sold for 4age's, such as springs, eturbo manifolds, stroke kits, do they fit gze's as well? I never seen anything listed for gze's.
 Topic: Now no air con on the Soarer!
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
icon8.gif  Now no air con on the Soarer! Tue, 16 December 2003 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So I got the car back from getting the HKS metal head gasket, and ARP racing head bolts fitted today and my air con don't work... It blows air, but it doesn't get cold.

The system is full of gas, that's not a problem, but the clutch isn't engaging.

Around near were the thermostat is, and the temp sensor's etc is a white plug not plugged into anything, the mechanic couldn't work out where it went, I don't know if this is related but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Thanks
Paul
 Topic: Which clutch slave cylinder?
demuire
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Which clutch slave cylinder? Wed, 17 December 2003 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm putting a 4AGE in a KE35, and I have a TA22 clutch master (which more or less bolts in after some modding), and I'm using a TA22 gearbox (old style T50) with the bellhousing out of an AE86. I got a clutch slave for an AE86 - is this correct? It is slightly different to the one for the TA22, and doesn't have anywhere to hook the return spring to, is this a problem at all? Also don't have the pushrod, from memory it's a fair bit bigger than the hole in the boot of the AE86 slave...

If it's the wrong part I need to return it tomorrow (friday)...

Thanks
 Topic: St185 waste gate
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
St185 waste gate Fri, 19 December 2003 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i need a diagram showing the st185 waste gate and where all the pipes go. I currently have 2 pipes that are about 2 foot long each, i think that they should be alot shorter. It looks like a shambles and i want to fix it.
 Topic: "machining" of brake calipers
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

"machining" of brake calipers Fri, 19 December 2003 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alrighty
ashling's calipers are fouling the new wheel (despite the fact they cleared the old one, and this one is the same...) soooo.... we're looking to trim about 1-2mm off the outer edge of the caliper, where it's fouling. now, I'm assuming this wont have any real effect on the calipers as such (correct me if I'm wrong) - and I'm just wondering what the right tool for the job is.
 Topic: 4agze engine swap
RollaGTi
Occasional Poster

December 2003
4agze engine swap Fri, 19 December 2003 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all.
just recently aqquired a 92 model Gti corolla only to find that there is a crack along the head. its not large as the only sign at the mo is a need to give it some gas on start up first thing in the morning. The other sing was the plugs getting an ugly yellow/ orange colour on them after a week.
First question is has anyone had this problem before?
and is there any easy way to fix it?

I will be looking at getting a ZE when i get the dosh. I got quoted $3000 for a front cut from the jap spec rolla with map sensor and Lsd. How does this compare to any one elses experiences? who do you have to recomend to get it from?
 Topic: Do FC3S RX7 (S4 & 5) aero-mirrors really fit AE86?
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Do FC3S RX7 (S4 & 5) aero-mirrors really fit AE86? Sat, 20 December 2003 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do FC3S RX7 (S4 & 5) aero-mirrors really fit AE86?
 Topic: GZ20 Soarer Reverse Light Fuse?
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
GZ20 Soarer Reverse Light Fuse? Wed, 24 December 2003 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

My reverse lights have resently stopped working. I checked all the fuses, in the engine bay fuse box and the drivers side fuse box, but I can't find any blown fuses or even a fuse that is indicated as being the reverse light fuse.

Has anyone got any idea where I should be looking? The globes are not blown either and there are no fuses in the boot under the carpet or anywhere there.

Thanks.
 Topic: ST model dizzy
silver_sleeka74
Regular

July 2002
ST model dizzy Thu, 25 December 2003 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the only difference between LT and ST dizzys the weights and spring tensions?
 Topic: Help with gearbox swap
Ozzie
Regular

December 2003
Help with gearbox swap Thu, 25 December 2003 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all,
Need a new gearbox put in my Rolla Twin Cam. It has the 100kW motor in it (worked) but needs a new box to put it to the ground. Second gear is majorly on the way out. From what i can gather, an import box is gonna cost me around $250. Is there anyone on here that can either help (name your price) or recommend someone to do the swap. If there's someone on here that can help, can come to you if in Sydney (or close) or at my place. Have 0% mechanical knowledge, but can follow directions real good + have extra labour available. Smile

Ozzie
 Topic: AE92 Brake help
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

AE92 Brake help Tue, 30 December 2003 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok here are whats happening.

-Every now and then while driving the pedal goes from its normal resistance to a very hard resistance with very little free play.
-When I pull up I can smell brake pad , badly , also the wheels and brakes are too hot too touch , and I havent been braking much at all.
-Going at low speeds I hear a whiring/screeching noise from the wheels.
-When depressing the pedal hard while statioary a clunk noise comes from the passenger side front calliper.

- Car has brake fluid at the right levels
- Car has plenty of brake pad
- Car still seems to pull up with the same force

I am thinking either parts of my braking system are on the way out , or maybe my fluid is in major need of flushing and renewing.

Any ideas?
 Topic: Koni oil front shocks??????????
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Koni oil front shocks?????????? Thu, 01 January 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey im getting some new front shock im after peformance and good handling, my local suspension shop recomends koni oils and he says there around $260 for the both of them (front) just wondergin if anyone has any opinouns on these.

Jason thanks
 Topic: ABS sensor removal
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
icon5.gif  ABS sensor removal Thu, 01 January 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In order to fit the new front brakes I've bought, I need to have the existing mounting holes altered by a machine shop.
To do this, I've got to remove the front hubs.
The problem is that I can't remove the ABS sensors.
There is a bolt with a 10mm head holding them in, but I can't seem to remove the sensor once the bolt is out.
And being plastic, pliers damage the sensor if pulled.
Is there a trick that anyone knows of?
Access to the other side of the sensor is possible once the axle is removed from the hub, but I don't want to damage them.

Cheers
 Topic: Gearbox oil change
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon5.gif  Gearbox oil change Fri, 02 January 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Happy new year all!

I'm looking at changing my cars gearbox oil. I believe it uses the W57 gearbox (5th gear is quite short, compared to the W58 anyway). What tips and advice can you give me on doing it? I've never done the gearbox oil on a RWD car before. What oil should I use?

Also, my LSD is also going to need an oil change soon, where should I go for the oil to put in that? Do you actually replace the oil in an LSD or just top it up? And once again, what brand oil? Smile

Thanks!
 Topic: 20v Torque settings
4a-c
Regular

April 2003
20v Torque settings Fri, 02 January 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive done a search and couldnt find anything. I need to know the torque setting for the cam pulley on a silvertop 20v. Thanks
 Topic: Trouble Code 6 on early 4age
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Trouble Code 6 on early 4age Fri, 02 January 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After checking the fault codes on my 86 model corolla (4age - blue top) I found a code 6 - RPM Signal. With diagnosis "No Ne or G signal to ECU within several seconds after engine is cranked" (from haynes manual) with trouble area "distributor circuit ...starter signal circuit"

The engine seems to run fine. Starting the motor warm, the car sometimes stalls (not often though). The main reason I was worried about was with the TVIS system. Fully opening of the butterflies on intake occurs at 4400 rpm, If the ECU isn't getting the RPM signal I was worried these butterflies may stay closed. The car seems to make decent power - would you notice a bad top end if this was the case? Thanks
 Topic: why the fuck do i keep breaking these!!!!!!!! {diff shims}
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

icon8.gif  why the fuck do i keep breaking these!!!!!!!! {diff shims} Fri, 02 January 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am puting my diff back together, when i go to put the center back into the housing i break the shims on the side, they are 6mm wide.

2 days ago they wen in easily and theat was while under the car, now with the diff out and on stands, i haev broken 3 of the pricks, i am tapping slowly and i just hear a snap

"%$#&#&^$&$@^#&$@#*^", is what i say

first 2 times the left side was going in easy but the right wasnt, and on the last time the right was going in easy
WTF is going on Mad

[Updated on: Fri, 02 January 2004 10:04]

Topic: who here has a diff spreader, or can install my center {bris}
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

who here has a diff spreader, or can install my center {bris} Sat, 03 January 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am in desperate need of installing my center into my housing, can anyone here help me who has experience
sms or post here, or call
 Topic: oxygen sensor output analysis
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
oxygen sensor output analysis Sat, 03 January 2004 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent article:

http://www.carlton24v.co.uk/datasheets/o2sensors.p df

cheers
ed
 Topic: strut conversion/handling
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
strut conversion/handling Sat, 03 January 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i have some struts for my ta22 and they have had a bottom end of ra65 brakes welded onto them they are the same length as normal ta22 struts

just wondering what this does to the handling of my car and if it has a positive or negative affect.

jason
 Topic: Replacing sill panels on a TA22 Celica: Time taken/Difficulty
myTA22
Regular

December 2002
Replacing sill panels on a TA22 Celica: Time taken/Difficulty Sat, 03 January 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Everybody,

I was just wondering if anybody had any experience replacing the sill panels on a 1973 TA22 Celica? Mine are rusting out and I desperately have to replace them before the police pull me off the road. Any advice? also, where did you get your replacement sill panel from? I have heard of a guy in QLD that makes reproduction panels, has anybody had any experience with him? is his product good quality? any advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards and thanks

Daniel
 Topic: 2t-g
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
2t-g Mon, 05 January 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what 2t-g head numbers should i be looking for when buying a 2tg? also is there a way of finding out if the block will accept a 3t crank without mods, by the number?

also if u have a 2t-g for sale please pm me
 Topic: 3tg compression ratios
TRD-75
Regular

July 2003
3tg compression ratios Mon, 05 January 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a 3t which i wanna put my 2tgeu head on. does anyone know what compression ratio this ends up with? is it suitable for super/turbo charging? it has the stock 3t pistons.
thanks.
 Topic: Camry thermo fan switch - what temperature?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Camry thermo fan switch - what temperature? Tue, 06 January 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bought a thermofan switch to suit an sv21 camry today, can someone tell me what temps these cut in/ off?
Thanks
Blake.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 January 2004 01:50]

Topic: Power Window Motor & Regulator for 94 Sprinter
HyEnA^
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Power Window Motor & Regulator for 94 Sprinter Tue, 06 January 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My power window regulator recently died. I have just recently taken it to a local Toyota dealer for them to fix it. They have told me that the regulator had previously been replaced and a genuine Toyota regulator was not compatible with the current power window motor.

They quoted me originally around $700 for a brand new motor. Not including the regulator which would cost around $150.

YEAH RIGHT Evil or Very Mad

IF anyone has ideas or suggestions on how I could fix my window. Or if anyone has pulled there window apart to fix it before would be helpful. Also have sources to buy these parts.

Thank You

Patrick

PS. This is for a 1994 Toyota Sprinter, Drivers Side Front door. I also have another rear door with problems too.
 Topic: 3SFE -> 3SGTE (1. generation) conversion
Zz24hours
Occasional Poster

July 2003
3SFE -> 3SGTE (1. generation) conversion Tue, 06 January 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would like a bit of technical advice on this conversion, explained so that a non-mechanic with only little know-how about it can understand it Very Happy

I've got a 1. generation 3SGTE engine, complete with wiring, ECU, cat and so forth .. and would like it into my Carina/Corona, std. 3SFE

I understand that the 3SGTE uses AFM in its first generation and the 3SFE uses MAP-sensors .. could I get a deeper description on how these works and how to get around this problem?? Smile

I've been told that I can use the original wiring, slightly modified, so that the 3SGTE ECU is used and the only thing used from the 3SGTE wiring is to the EFI?? .. the guy who explained it to me wasn't too explicit, but is this correct? and how is this done in pracsis?

thanks in advance Smile
 Topic: TA2x Celica indicator part numbers????
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

TA2x Celica indicator part numbers???? Tue, 06 January 2004 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all,
a buddy in the US is looking for the toyota part numbers for the amber indicators on the TA2X Aus delivered cars. the one he's after is the amber one just above the bumper on the corner.

the part number he has so far is 81521-140 and he needs the last two numbers..
he has the part number for clear corner lights if anyone is after that...

thanks heaps in advance for any help (i will be ringing my local dealer, but trying to get the new 'city toyota' in sydney to look up a parts catalogue is terrible)

Cya, Stewart
 Topic: ae86 brakes
japlish
Occasional Poster

December 2003
ae86 brakes Wed, 07 January 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

i'm in the process of trying to get a bigger set of brakes for my car. i do have some brakes and struts of a mx63 cressida (not on the car) but these are are tad too small. i recently sourced some brakes off a mz12 soarer that i also got some mags off(same stud pattern-SWEET!) and i think they're a tad bigger than the cressida ones but still fit under a 14inch rim. what i was wondering was instead of trying to swap the whole brake-strut-lower control arm bit can i just put the brakes and calipers onto the original sprinter hub?
 Topic: '91 Corolla seca CSI
noxidkram
Newcomer

January 2004
'91 Corolla seca CSI Wed, 07 January 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys ... I've got a '91 Seca (AE92) with a dead 4AFE engine. I'm obviously interested in more performance (4AGE?), but only if there aren't too many hassles that go with it (can't afford the car off the road for long) , so ... before I run out and buy another 4AFE for it, I'm wondering

Is a 4AGE a bolt in fit?

if so ....

1) What else would require changing (computer, injectors etc.)?

2) Would everything I need plug into the existing loom?

3) Will a 4AGE bolt up to the existing (automatic) gearbox?

4) Is it a specialist (expensive) job .. or can I trust it to my local mechanic?

and if not ...

Any recomendations on who (in Sydney) could do this conversion?

Thanx.

Topic: Hi Grant yr booster good for vl's
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Hi Grant yr booster good for vl's Wed, 07 January 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sure they do but want to double check
does yr tacho booster work on a standard vl tacho with an rb25 engine

Topic: Flywheel Q
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Flywheel Q Wed, 07 January 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahoi,are all 4agze flywheels the same across the transverse mounted motor range?

any info appreciated
 Topic: Just Wondering
mrrolla@bigpond.com
Occasional Poster

March 2003

Just Wondering Wed, 07 January 2004 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will the extractors of a twin cam corolla i.e.AE82 1986... Fit a Sohc Corolla i.e.AE82 1986 ? Any help would be helpful. Either reply or e-mail me on rolla_16@hotmail.com
 Topic: Original Wheels On A KE30
Trent-KE30
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Original Wheels On A KE30 Thu, 08 January 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all i was wondering if these were the original KE30 wheels or not?
http://www.geocities.com/ke30d00d/IMGA0476.JPG
 Topic: GT4 ST205 front brakes pads: where?
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
GT4 ST205 front brakes pads: where? Thu, 08 January 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the title pretty much says it all.
I'm trying to find a set of ST205 GT4 brake pads to fit the calipers I've bought.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Bendix don't make any.

What are the different EBC compounds like?
I've been quoted $195 for a pair of "Black"s.

Where could I get replacement front discs.
The one's I got are down to their minimum thickness after the machining I've done to them. They are not listed in an DBA stuff that I could find.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 January 2004 13:00]

Topic: 23 Spline Output
bubs
Regular

November 2003
23 Spline Output Sun, 11 January 2004 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is for a friend with a 1uZ in his 45series landcruiser

he wants to know what other makes of toyota have the same 23spline slip yoke output like on his auto?

any help would be appreciated
 Topic: Help with KE55 Brake Upgrade
3t-rolla
Newcomer

January 2004
Help with KE55 Brake Upgrade Sun, 11 January 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have RA60 struts & brakes which I want to istall into my KE55 Corolla. I've also sourced a pair of longer Cressida (MX62) control arms to counter the excessive positive camber produced by the odd (wider) angle at the RA60 stub axle.The MX62 ball joints are larger than the RA60 & KE55 & I don't yet know if the Cressida control arms will mate up correctly with the strut bar & stabilizer bar mounts. Has anyone else done this conversion? I'm looking for the simplest,cheapest,most effective, bolt together installation. Or would I be better off using a different strut/brake combination? Any advice appreciated.
Thanks C.W. 3t-rolla.
 Topic: Help with KE55 Brake Upgrade
3t-rolla
Newcomer

January 2004
Help with KE55 Brake Upgrade Sun, 11 January 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have RA60 struts & brakes which I want to istall into my KE55 Corolla. I've also sourced a pair of longer Cressida (MX62) control arms to counter the excessive positive camber produced by the odd (wider) angle at the RA60 stub axle.The MX62 ball joints are larger than the RA60 & KE55 & I don't yet know if the Cressida control arms will mate up correctly with the strut bar & stabilizer bar mounts. Has anyone else done this conversion? I'm looking for the simplest,cheapest,most effective, bolt together installation. Or would I be better off using a different strut/brake combination? Any advice appreciated.
Thanks C.W. 3t-rolla.
 Topic: custom racing seat bracket
madman
Regular

December 2003
custom racing seat bracket Mon, 12 January 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi guys can some one please recommend a place that i can go that will make me a custom racing bracket for cheap?
i'm in melb south eastern suburbs.
thanks.
 Topic: Gearbox Recondition Price?
Asher
Regular

July 2003
Gearbox Recondition Price? Tue, 13 January 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

I know I'm lazy, but my gearbox is chunky while changing through the gears.

Its a '85 CSi Corona with 22R-E. From what i've been able to scrap up, its a borg warner box.

Whats a ruff estimate that a place will quote me for doing a gearbox recondition?

Any good places northside of brisbane?
 Topic: Aircon Brackets
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Aircon Brackets Tue, 13 January 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, Will the alloy aircon pump bracket of a 7MGE from a Cressida fit the aircon pump out of a 7MGTE Supra? Also what would the weight difference be between the alloy bracket and the cast iron bracket?

Thankyou

Matthew
 Topic: TOYOTA NATIONALS - See Cruises & Events for Details
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
TOYOTA NATIONALS - See Cruises & Events for Details Tue, 13 January 2004 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's on again. See Cruises and Events for details.
 Topic: Opinions & Qs on Small Crank vs Big Crank (4age)
de_rift
Regular

November 2002
Opinions & Qs on Small Crank vs Big Crank (4age) Wed, 14 January 2004 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What would be the best crank to have in a 4age producing ~200hp?

Small Crank
Weight: 11kg
Big end diameter: 40mm

Big Crank
Weight: 11.7kg
Big end diameter: 42mm

Do the extra 700g and larger big ends make the big crank a significantly stronger crank?

If so, is the added strength a worthwile exchange for the increased recip. mass and bearing friction?

What treatments should one do to a crank that is going to work at such high revs? (est. 8800rpm)

[Updated on: Wed, 14 January 2004 05:11]

Topic: EBAY - 5HRS LEFT - Toyota manual
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
EBAY - 5HRS LEFT - Toyota manual Wed, 14 January 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for posting this here, but it will get the most traffic.

This has 5 hrs left (as of 1:30 WST) and I'm sure somebody will want it badly

It covers all motors from 90-02 for landcruiser 2UZ-FE included

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;item=2216277362&category=418

So if someone buy it, can you scan the 2uz stuff for me! Very Happy Very Happy
 Topic: Oil flow in 4age
westy1
Newcomer

January 2004
Oil flow in 4age Fri, 16 January 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anyone advise on my oil flow problem in a 4age -100kw, no oil cooler. When I removed the oil filter it was dry i.e. no oil circulating through it for approx 3000km.The pressure gauge showed all was OK during this time and I know there was oil getting to the cams etc. The engine is sound and there was no excess metal in the sump oil. When I cranked the engine with the filter off oil flowed from the block. Screwed the filter back on and it filled with oil. Is the flow a by-pass set up that allows oil to flow to the engine as well as the filter? Anyone else had a similar problem?
thanks in advance
 Topic: ke11 disc brake conversion
greenmeanie
Newcomer

January 2004
ke11 disc brake conversion Fri, 16 January 2004 01:35 Go to previous message
Hi,
I recently puchased a 1970 ke11 corolla with a 4KC motor and 4speed box for $100. Nothing wrong with the car except the brakes could be a bit better, so I was looking to upgrade the braking by doing a disc brake front end conversion using local parts. I've got plenty of advice from well intentioned people who think they know what will fit. I'd like to hear from anyone out there who has actually done this conversion, what parts they used and any problems encountered.
Thanks
Pages (35): [ «  <  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  >  »]

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:36:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.059239864349365 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.