Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Today's Posts (OFF) | Unanswered Posts (ON)

Forum: Tech & Conversions
 Topic: ke30 diff
mr_ke30
Regular

January 2004
ke30 diff Fri, 16 January 2004 07:18 Go to next message
hey i was wondering if any1 has a diff for a ke30 corolla or knows of a place that sells any
  Send a private message to this user    
 Topic: tacho dies in hot weather
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

tacho dies in hot weather Fri, 16 January 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi

my tacho on my ra28 seems to stop working when its gets hot outside, then comes back to life after the temp cools down a bit.

has any one else had this trouble? is it an easy fix? i'm not too fussed about it but if it easily fixable, might as well do it Very Happy

thanks
 Topic: HELP - inlet/exhaust manifold bolts on a 3K!!!!
punka85
Regular

May 2003
icon8.gif  HELP - inlet/exhaust manifold bolts on a 3K!!!! Sat, 17 January 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as above - im changing over the 3k in my corolla...

Now, first i was going to unbolt the exhaust manifold from the exhaust - no such luck, i couldnt budge the nuts holding it together with all my might.
2nd i decide to just unbolt the manifolds from the block and deal with the exhaust manifold later - ...

however the TWO BOTTOM CENTRE BOLTS which hold both the inlet and exhaust manifold together are FCUKN impossible to get to with a spanner or socket - just wondering, what the trick is to get to them easiest so that it doesnt take me 9 hours? or any other tricks to get the exhaust mani bolts un done?

cheers!!
 Topic: tvis doc & 3s tech article...
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
tvis doc & 3s tech article... Sat, 17 January 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://images.cynikal.net/mr2/literature/articles/

[Updated on: Sat, 17 January 2004 07:10]

Topic: GearBox Diagrams
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
GearBox Diagrams Sun, 18 January 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey does anyone know a site that shows you diagrams of gearboxes for all makes? Toyotas, Mazdas, Nissan, Ford etc. Tried google and other search engines no luck.
thanks
 Topic: diff for ke30
mr_ke30
Regular

January 2004
icon10.gif  diff for ke30 Sun, 18 January 2004 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was wondering if any1 knows wat other diff i could use from another later model corolla for my ke30 i cant find any from a ke30 anything would help!!! thanks
 Topic: Greddy speed limiter cut controller wiring
bowlsclubboy
Regular

January 2004
Greddy speed limiter cut controller wiring Mon, 19 January 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They say there's headaches with conversions....and thankfully this is the only one i've come across and we're almost finished *fingers crossed* I need to know where i shove the black wire that runs from my "Greddy speed limiter cut controller, Toyota T-2" on my JZX-81 half cut (im assuming its the same as a soarer one) If anyone has the packet/instructions laying around and could tell me where to put it, I would highly appreciate it.
Cheers,
Troy
 Topic: 1JZ aftermarket turbo info please ...
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
1JZ aftermarket turbo info please ... Tue, 20 January 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still dreaming of a 1JZ turbo upgrade. Kinda leaning towards GCG's ball bearing highflow of the CT12s or their 600hp GT3040, but looking at other options.

Does anyone know the max hp of:
Turbocharger 60-1 T04E
T-76
TD06/07

And is a K27 (600hp) ballbearing?

Still waiting for more info on the hiflow - will kepp y'all posted with what they say.

Cheers,

Justin
JZA61

[Updated on: Tue, 20 January 2004 06:50]

Topic: s series gearboxes
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
icon9.gif  s series gearboxes Wed, 21 January 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was wondering about a bit of info on s series gearboxes, they are the ones form the FWD celica's, camry's and MR2's.

does the ST184 celica and the ST204 celica use the same gearbox?
I am guessing this is the same as the SV21 camry gearbox?
And do the SW20 MR2's with 3SGE use the same box again?

any help would be greatly appriciated
 Topic: Oil pick-up for 3S-GTE.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon5.gif  Oil pick-up for 3S-GTE. Wed, 21 January 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm looking for one of these as the one I have now looks like it's twisted slightly. If I installed this into a new engine and it's not sitting right, the oil pressure is going to be wrong. Toyota Australia have NEVER had these in the country before. I can't wait another 15 working days before it comes over from Toyota Japan. Confused

Anyone have one of these, or if not... anyone know who will sell them? I've tried two of the biggest Jap wreckers in Sydney, with no luck.

Thanks.
 Topic: MA70 Intercoolers
Sam99
Occasional Poster

May 2002
MA70 Intercoolers Wed, 21 January 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know how good the MA70 7MGTE aftermarket intercoolers advertised for $450 on the http://www.importbitz.com/ website are?

Thanks, Sam
 Topic: Looking for a supplier of a replacement glass sunroof
ogt_
Newcomer

January 2004
Looking for a supplier of a replacement glass sunroof Thu, 22 January 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day all,

Got a 1989 Celica with sunroof, was a mark along the front which has been slowly rusting and now is starting to water cool the inside of my car in sufficient rain. Have seen the tinted glass rooves around on a few of rides and was wondering if anyone knows a supplier in Sydney / Sydney area that could supply and fit. Or if anyones had it done an indication of how much it set you back.

TIA.
Cheers
 Topic: Will a 4ag with webers be legal in a ta22
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Will a 4ag with webers be legal in a ta22 Thu, 22 January 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
 Topic: What pistons for a turbo Corolla?
Meathead
Regular

March 2003
What pistons for a turbo Corolla? Fri, 23 January 2004 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I'm gonna turbo a 5K (between 10-15psi), but I'm a cheapass and don't really want to fork out for forged pistons... Very Happy

Is there a medium between forged and standard pistons?
A place where i can get good deals for them?

Topic: 1GG oil pump query
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
1GG oil pump query Sat, 24 January 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone have a 1GG oil pump or front housing in bits I can look at/measure, or even send me a pic??? I have heard they have a better/larger pump than the 4AG and go into the 20V housing with some limited mods. I just don't have one to compare. Can any help or comment??? thanks
 Topic: washer bottles
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
washer bottles Sat, 24 January 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are these remote types?
are they aftermarket?

and where do the stock ones connect from? i assume its normaly next to the power steering but there doesnt seem to be a washer bottle..
 Topic: A/C Swap?
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

A/C Swap? Sun, 25 January 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Howdy, im doing a 4ac to 100kw 4age conversion in my ae82 and i was wondering if i can use my a/c from the 4ac with the 4age? like will it work with ecu? or can i hard wire it or something?

Cheers for any help

Topic: Need help with smoke problem
pulcino
Regular

November 2002
Need help with smoke problem Mon, 26 January 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This problem is driving me crazy. Mad My car smokes at idle every now and then.Big bluesh whitish smoke.No pattern to it just every now and then.I run a t28 on a gze. This is what I have done to try to stop it: I have done the valve stem seals. I have both my cam covers with 1" breathers to catch can. I have made sure the return line from turbo is un restricted.I have done comp test [ok]. I can take it for a squirt and idle it for a couple of minutes then pump acelerater no smoke. Which leads me to believe its not the turbo. Have taken it to mechanics and turbo people and they have NFI.Its got me stuffed. The only thing I am not sure of is what sump the dip stick is out of ( maybe when the dipstick is reading full it may actually be over full) But wouldnt it smoke all the time? HELP I dont want to pull the motor and rebuild it to find out it isnt it or the turbo for that matter.
 Topic: 2T-G -> KE20, potential?
minuteman
Occasional Poster

October 2003
2T-G -> KE20, potential? Wed, 28 January 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well ive been offered a resonably cheap ta22 complete with the 2tg
engine, its carby with a mild cam grind and twin solex's.

my plans are (if cash permits..) to get it and get the lower
compression pistons, and whack a decent turbo on there.

does anyone have any experience with 2tg's at all, particularly from
trying to milk power out of them, and would a turbocharged 2tg have
the potential to get under the 14/13 second bracket on the 1/4

any inoformation on this would be helpful, including problems and
things that i will be required to do during the convserion.

how do the ta22 xmembers go in and what gearbox should i be using? will the gearbox fit without cutting or bashing or not?

cheers guys, have a good one
 Topic: 1990 SX Rolla SECA door pods
doobs
Regular

September 2003
1990 SX Rolla SECA door pods Wed, 28 January 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey all,

Im wondering if anyone has plans they could give me of custom door pods they have made for a 90 SX rolla. I want to put 6.5" woffas in em.

Thanx heaps to who ever can help me
 Topic: Running Rich
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
icon4.gif  Running Rich Thu, 29 January 2004 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone have this problem with there 4age 100 kilo wat engine before was it fixable? cos i been told with another owner of a 4age he wasnt able to find the cause of his running rich prob Confused
 Topic: KE70 wheel offset??
chrizer
Regular

October 2003
KE70 wheel offset?? Fri, 30 January 2004 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After the offset of the KE70 corolla. Thinking of 15s, 16s max?
 Topic: a/c question
mrsx
Newcomer

April 2003
a/c question Fri, 30 January 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gze owners
Can someone please have a look at their air con pump and let me know if the center of the pulley is spinning when the a/c is of.

Mine spins slowly? Is this normal?

Thanks
 Topic: wiring on ST184 to 3sgte
SXY184
Regular

January 2004
icon1.gif  wiring on ST184 to 3sgte Sat, 31 January 2004 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
am going to do conversion to my 184 and am using a 185 half cut, my question is will the 185 harness plug straight in to my wiring inside under the dash?,the one im talking bout are the one from the ecu to the dash etc?? or will i hav to mod any wiring plugs? any help will be tops!
 Topic: 3sge JDM questions!!
ogip
Occasional Poster

December 2003

3sge JDM questions!! Sun, 01 February 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I've got a 3sge map 2nd gen A/T ECU. There is no PCB code label inside the ECU. I'm planning to use it in my 3sge tvis AFM to map conversion. Right now my engine is already converted to MAP using 4age ECU and it was ruuning alright. I'm planning to use the 3sge map ecu.
Is there anybody that can share any diagrams or ecu pin outs for 3sge 2nd gen JDM with auto tranny.

thanks,
Remy
 Topic: anyone ever tried turboing a 2tgeu?
TA22
Regular

June 2003
anyone ever tried turboing a 2tgeu? Sun, 01 February 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im thinking of adding a s13/14/15 silvia turbo garret T2x to my 2tgeu, has anyone ever turboed this kinda engine, i was thinking adding it to the stock engine and running low boost seing as its already got reasonably low compression ratio already. what do other people think?
 Topic: Opinions on an RA28
acv17
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Opinions on an RA28 Sun, 01 February 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much for an RA28 that has done approx. 200000klms and regularly serviced?
> Brake cylinder, extractors, and radiator replaced last year, clutch cylinder 5yrs ago. Obviously runs all right BUT the body has rust on doors/sills and around the hatch. There have been attempts to grind it out but it has come back. It has sat outside a fair bit and lives near the beach (which explains radiator and rust).
Opinions??? Would a $4000 bodywork be worth it. (I think there would be a bit of body filler used and maybe the hatch might have to be replaced)

Q: How many more klms would there be left in the engine before it would have to be recond.? (18RC with extractors)

Topic: Trueno help
TRUENOAE86
Occasional Poster

May 2002
icon8.gif  Trueno help Mon, 02 February 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Would anyone happen to know, anywhere or anyone that has any AE86 Trueno front 1/4 pannels. I hit a bloody Wallaby on the weekend and its done a bit of damage. I only need the right hand side front 1/4.

Thanks
Jason
 Topic: Polishing Turbo Compressor Housing
twisty_toy94
Occasional Poster

June 2003
icon7.gif  Polishing Turbo Compressor Housing Mon, 02 February 2004 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just wondering how much work it is to polish the compressor housing on a T3 turbo. It also has nissan written on it which I wouldn't mind removing, as I'm already getting comments from mates with Patrol's saying "powered by Toyota, inhanced by Nissan".

So can the compressor housing be removed by just un-doing the bolts around the inside that you loosen to clock the turbo?

Any tips for poslishing? I don't want a full mirror finish, just better than the cast finish, or am I wasting my time?

Thanks
 Topic: Tip: How to fix your motorized antenna
ovaltine
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Tip: How to fix your motorized antenna Thu, 05 February 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought I might share how I got the motorized antenna on my ST162 working again -- I'm sure a lot of owners have this problem.

The main problem is rusting of the metal spindle which spools the nylon tether of the antenna. You can't buy a replacement spindle -- you gotta buy the whole antenna -- very expensive. Well, it clicked to me that the spindle looked a lot like the plastic measuring cup (Tupperware 250ml) that my wife uses for cooking. I just cut-off the handle, a bit of sanding, and whala! Perfect fit! Only problem now is how to attach the nylon tether to the modified spindle. Drill 2 tiny holes on the nylon tether and the spindle, then stitch them together with either a thick nylon fishing line or solid copper wire. Put it all back together -- all done!

I did this 'operation' 5 years ago and it's still working. Err...make sure to tell your wife what happened to her measuring cup.
 Topic: 2tg electronic dizzy? which one
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
2tg electronic dizzy? which one Thu, 05 February 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi im looking to put electronic egnition on my car threw a newer dizzy i have the older version of the 2tg with point.

im just wondering which electronic dizzy i can use, i have been told that on sort needs the ecu to time it properly. so what dizzy do i need to get to run carbs and electric ignition.

jason
 Topic: 4AGZE into AE86 Parts Pricing
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
icon5.gif  4AGZE into AE86 Parts Pricing Thu, 05 February 2004 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

I know quite a few of you guys have put a 4agze in your sprinters and i'm just wondering how much i should budget for a map 4agze (ae92/101 doesnt matter). and also how much for the extras such as fuel pump...etc. Also i have been offered a Ae101 4agze for 1300 and for an extra 300 i get the loom and ecu. Is this a good price? At the moment im not interested in finding out the cost for the labour, im trying to get all the parts i need before i budget for how much the conversion will cost.

thanks

-Ian

[Updated on: Thu, 05 February 2004 17:07]

Topic: 3S-GE turbo project
1G-GTEFreAk
Regular

November 2002

icon3.gif  3S-GE turbo project Thu, 05 February 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After researching and asking questions here and there I have finally decided to go ahead with my Celica ST202 turbo charged project. Instead of ordering a 3S-GTE I have decided to import the turbo and trubo manifold and other necessary parts. Now I turn to toymods members who are able to give feedback and or those of you who have parts (4Sale) that may help this project. Please asist in anyway you can. Smile
 Topic: Workshop 4 Supra Diff Centre swap
trza2k
Regular

January 2003

Workshop 4 Supra Diff Centre swap Fri, 06 February 2004 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a mk3 supra and am looking to swap the the standard clutchpack style lsd with a torsen. I looked through the service manual but it seems i need a few special service tools which i dont have. Can anyone give me a hand with this OR someone give a recommendation of a good workshop in sydney that can change the centre. i'll just pull of the whole diff and give that to the workshop with the new centre.

Best price ive got so far is $495 Shocked and thats giving my whole diff housing.
 Topic: where to buy a centreforce clutch?
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon5.gif  where to buy a centreforce clutch? Fri, 06 February 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm thinking of buying a cnetreforce clutch, or at least pricing one before I decide between that and a stock one.

Anyone know where stocks them, at a decent price and are good to deal with? I will have to ring around mainland places as I can't seem to find them in Tassie, and thought posting here 1st might save some phone calls!
thanks,
Stefan
 Topic: FAQ:: W5* Gearbox Information
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon4.gif  FAQ:: W5* Gearbox Information Sat, 07 February 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FAQ:: Toyota W5* Gearboxes

--------------------------------
The following is a compilation of prior threads and other available information on the Toyota W series (W50-W58) 5 speed manual gearboxes. It will always be a work in progress, so if feel you have something to contribute, please PM a moderator Very Happy
Last Updated Feb 7th 2004

Relevant Toymods Threads

What cars came with what gearbox::
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=28643&start=0&rid=92&S=c5202163cebb1 441b11372f45fdb293e

What to look for when buying a w58 box::
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=28561&start=0&rid=92&S=c5202163cebb1 441b11372f45fdb293e

Difference between w5x and R154 gearboxes::
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=17358&rid=92&S=c5202163cebb1441b11372f45 fdb293e&pl_view=&start=0#msg_141484

Identifying the w50 gearbox::
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=11112&rid=92&S=c5202163cebb1441b11372f45 fdb293e&pl_view=&start=0#msg_89225

Which box is stronger::
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=145&rid=92&S=c5202163cebb1441b11372f45fd b293e&pl_view=&start=0#msg_850

Changing shifter positions::
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=24970&rid=92&S=c5202163cebb1441b11372f45 fdb293e&pl_view=&start=0#msg_214308

Changing speedo drive gears::
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=21974&rid=92&S=c5202163cebb1441b11372f45 fdb293e&pl_view=&start=0#msg_181753

Bellhousing Bolt Pattern Compatability with other boxes::
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=46207&rid=92&S=be5f168aa61a68d3b0f62484f 3cad9ed&pl_view=&start=0#msg_421020

Replacing Worn Shifter Bushes

Green Support Bush = toyota PN# 33505-35020 $15.00
White Pivot Bush = toyota PN# 33548-31010 $7.00

Replacing the shifter bushes::
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=15762&rid=92&S=c5202163cebb1441b11372f45 fdb293e&pl_view=&start=0#msg_128763

Other Relevant Web Resuorces

Gearbox tech info (drive ratios etc)::
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/9975/dataBy Subject/Gearboxes.html

Short shifter kits::
http://www.suprasport.com/suprasport/catalog/produ ct_info.php/cPath/31/products_id/204
http://www.celicasupra.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t= 550&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
http://www.perfectrun.com.au/carparts_list/toyota/ supra/suprainteriordressuplist.htm

Available Shifter Positions

http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/Toyota_Supra_5spd_Shifter.jpg

"The above transmissions feature a range of gearshift positions as standard. Measured from the front face of the transmission these are : 18, 20, 21, 21.5 inches."

-MA61 supra is at far left
-MA70 supra - the jury is still out
-JZA80 supra (not pictured) is even further rear-mounted on a cantilever sub assembly

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 05:02] by Moderator

Topic: FAQ:: 4A-G Engine Information
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon4.gif  FAQ:: 4A-G Engine Information Sat, 07 February 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FAQ:: Toyota 4A-G Engines

The following is a compilation of prior threads and other available information on the Toyota 4A-G 1.6L 4cyl engine. It will always be a work in progress, so if feel you have something to contribute, please PM a moderator Very Happy
Last Updated Feb 7th 2004

Relevant Toymods Threads

FWDboy wrote on Mon, 10 March 2003 11:12

To add my $0.02 about the actual 3S-GE v 4A-GE debate (and to try not to mention any motorsport). The early 4A-GE in the Twin Cam 'Rolla produced about 86 kW at 6500ish and 131 nM of torque at 6000rpm or something similar to those figures, the later 1990 Corolla SX had the small port no TVIS 4AGE which came up with about 100kW and 141nM....the later 20 valve motors produced some neat figures but I don't know them. The earliest 3S-GE in the '86 Sleeka SX had 102 kW at 5500(?)rpm (this means you have 172nM of torque at 5500 if you do the sums) and 172nM at 4500 rpm. The reason I think for it having such dull amounts of power from 5500 to the 7000rpm redline is because the intake on that engine is woeful, too small a throttle area, TVIS was part Yamaha-designed crap, and also the multi-valve technology is infantile in design.

The 4A-GEs are great little engines cause you can rev the nuts off of them (if you haven't driven one, go drive one, or maybe drive a CRX if you can to get the idea), the later the model the better. The 3S-GE is a good engine, extremely tough, but it doesn't have the "revability" of the 4A-GE although it has really good pull down low compared to the 4A-GEs.

Later 3S-GEs like in the 1990 MR2 had much better figures, something like 112kW and 180-190nM of torque. And I presume that if you can get your hands on a 3rd gen 3S-GE from the Celica GT (ST202) from japan you'd have a bloody good engine, with good power and good/cheap options for turbo charging etc etc.

Anyway, I personally think it's a matter of horses for courses, I love the 3S-GE in my Celica SX, although it's fairly gutless and could use another 50 or so hp, but I also like the little revvy 1600cc engines like 2TGs, 4A-GEs and even B16A or B16Bs (if you like hondas, I only like their VTEC engines) etc etc. I prefer the 2 litre engine because it can produce really good power when modified, is extremely tough, and it's fun being able to blow off Commodores with a little bit of modiification to an engine half the capacity.

Other Relevant Web Resuorces

Bill Sherwoods guide to the 4A-GE::
http://www.billzilla.org/4agstock.htm

Phil Bradshaw's guide to the 4A series::
http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/phil.bradshaw/4AGE% 20into%20RWD.htm
http://www.users.bigpond.com/vidore/toyota_4age_en gine.htm

Phil Bradshaw's RWD conversion guide::
http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/phil.bradshaw/Engin e%20Installation.htm

[Updated on: Thu, 11 March 2004 12:14]

Topic: lighting
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
lighting Sat, 07 February 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simple question for those driving st162's the green backlight on the dash is that just a cover or would I have to replace the bulbs with clear ones?
 Topic: 3T GTE conrods
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
3T GTE conrods Sun, 08 February 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,
What do people think about stock 3T GTE conrods? Are they gonna be able to handle up 200kw? Should I think about custom conrods for when I change to forged pistons?

Also, anyone have the dimensions of standard 3T GTE conrods?

Cheers,
Simon
 Topic: Front shockies for AE92
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Front shockies for AE92 Sun, 08 February 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anybody know a good price for a pair of front shock absorbers for an AE92 seca? Around Sydney please. Bought some KYBs for a mazda 626 for about $130 each I think, would you expect toyota ones to be around the same price? Thanks.
 Topic: Gearbox Problems
isaac
Regular

March 2003
Gearbox Problems Sun, 08 February 2004 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, my friend has a '93 hilux and when he goes to put it in 5th gear while driving it doesn't wanna go in unless he really forces it. When the car is still and he just shifts through the gears you can get into 5th easy.

I'm no expert but i am guessing this is the syncro's. I told him to try revving the engine while shifting next time to see if it goes in easily then.

What do you guys think could be the problem?
 Topic: Bottom End Internals - Dimensions (1JZ/2JZ/RB26)
humble
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Bottom End Internals - Dimensions (1JZ/2JZ/RB26) Mon, 09 February 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone have dimensions for the crank/piston/conrod following:

Stock 1JZ-GTE
Stock RB26DETT

JUN 2.7 stroker kit for RB26DETT and JUN 3.2 stroker kit for the 2JZ-GTE?

Cheers
 Topic: what plugs in a 20V silver top with aftermarket comp
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

what plugs in a 20V silver top with aftermarket comp Mon, 09 February 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate bro has a 20V in his AW11 with a aftermarket comp, which has the MAF removed, what plugs should he use
 Topic: 20V Gearboxes - Price survey
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
20V Gearboxes - Price survey Tue, 10 February 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just hoping that someone who's bought a 20V gearbox second hand or from an importers might be able to answer this one for me..

How much have people paid, and for which particular box?

Also - What would people generally consider to be a "fair" or "reasonable" price for a 5sp or 6sp 20V box?

[Updated on: Tue, 10 February 2004 02:10]

Topic: ta22 front width vs ta23
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

ta22 front width vs ta23 Tue, 10 February 2004 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone know the difference in width between the opening in the front between these two cars?

cheers
 Topic: Power Steering in a MS85 Crown
>>>R3G<<<
Regular

January 2004

Power Steering in a MS85 Crown Fri, 13 February 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey All,
i was driving the old MS85 around in the paddock and then suddenly smoke was everywhere and i thought *fuck* i hope i havent blown the engine....well with a closer the pwr steering fluid was leaking onto the exhuast which was hot this made smoke... but i knew it had something to do with the pwr steering because all these red liquid leaks were coming from the steering box...... does any 1 have any advice and advice would be much appreciated....
thx Bradelz Cool if any one has anything to say to me regarding this topic send an email to brotherfunky@hotmail.com or just post up a reply here!!

[Updated on: Fri, 13 February 2004 03:18]

Topic: ke36 wagon 4age conversion
loyal
Newcomer

February 2004
ke36 wagon 4age conversion Fri, 13 February 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g'day
has anyone any info on a ke36 4age conversion
basically what needs to be done

autogg
 Topic: Series question
Ice_majik
Regular

December 2002
Series question Sat, 14 February 2004 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anyone tell me how to differentiate between series 1,2 & 3 on both 3S-GE and 3S-GTE engines? Is there a code to look for? Confused
 Topic: ae86 headlights
haynzmann
Newcomer

March 2003
ae86 headlights Sat, 14 February 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does aanyone know if the ae86 and ae82 headlights can be interchanged. if the housings and glass are different,by chance is the chrome reflector inside them the same dimensions? the reflector in one of my headlights doesn't look chrome anymore while the other is brand new. i am asking this since the ae82 sedans are far more common where i live compared to the ae86. thanks in advance for any help.
 Topic: Sprinter suspension spec suggestions? (spring poundage & swaybar thickness?)
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Sprinter suspension spec suggestions? (spring poundage & swaybar thickness?) Sat, 14 February 2004 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, just curious for some suggestions on spring poundage ratings and sway bar widths?

Right now have standard suspensiona nd has a shitloa dof bodyroll.
Want to eliminate as much as possible without ending up with hemoroids from driving on non-perfect surfaced roads....
etc etc
 Topic: getting to headunit in AE82
DeanoSX
Occasional Poster

January 2004
getting to headunit in AE82 Sun, 15 February 2004 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what panels have to come off before being able to remove the original headunit in an ae82? is it just the panel that surrounds the HD?
im assuming the HD is held in the original mounts, not on a sleeve
thanks!
 Topic: AE-101 '95 Corolla Tape Deck wiring????
Grob
Occasional Poster

February 2003
AE-101 '95 Corolla Tape Deck wiring???? Mon, 16 February 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anyone help me with the wiring with the factory 'FujitsuTen' tape deck in the AE-101 1995 Corolla. A wiring diagram would be ideal. Cheers guys.
 Topic: What type of Oil for compressors?
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
What type of Oil for compressors? Tue, 17 February 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys got a new compressor.. what type of oil does the old 4AGE compressor use? It will be used along side with R12 Preon.. And how many ml's?
 Topic: JDM AE86 front strut
kohoy
Regular

January 2004

JDM AE86 front strut Wed, 18 February 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone know how big is the spacer inside the JDM front strut? the strut is too long for me to lower my car with lower spring... can only lower about 8mm with the low king spring now.. thinking of to cut the strut but dunno if it's gonna be too low without the spacer.
 Topic: poop
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
poop Thu, 19 February 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can we please run your ta22 of a 5hp briggs and stration GW??

please?? Surprised
 Topic: Ignitions
13BTA22
Regular

December 2003
icon9.gif  Ignitions Fri, 20 February 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do Ra 23 Ta 22 and Ta 23 all have the same ignition barrels?
Thanks Pete
 Topic: Corolla speedo cables
lorolla_80
Regular

July 2003
Corolla speedo cables Fri, 20 February 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know if there is a difference between ke55 and ke70 speedo cables?
 Topic: 4e-fe diagrams
ogip
Occasional Poster

December 2003

4e-fe diagrams Fri, 20 February 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I need a copy of 4e-fe wiring diagrams. is anybody here that can share me of this file?

please email me at ogip20v@yahoo.com

thanks
 Topic: JZA70 fuel pump.
HedgehogSandwich
Regular

May 2002
JZA70 fuel pump. Sat, 21 February 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After reading the below conversation.. i was wondering if the same thing applies to the JZA70? Anyone ever tried it?

http://www.toyotaimportsforum.co.uk/forum/showthre ad.php?s=&threadid=2943

I get bad power delivery in certain situations, and was thinking maybe this is the cause ?

Cheers
adi

Topic: Chaser digi dash
ColMX83
Occasional Poster

September 2003
icon6.gif  Chaser digi dash Sun, 22 February 2004 03:26 Go to previous message
Has anyone come across the pinouts for the chaser digi dash?

I have one that I would like to fit to my cresi, but have no info on the pinouts.

I've tried Denso and Toyota Japan as well as Toyota Aus (useless bunch for import info) without any success.

The two plugs on the back of the cluster are not a problem (can work them out) but the ones that are directly on the digital inards are a prob.

There's not a lot of usefull info on the web either.

Anyone able to help? Confused
Pages (35): [ «  <  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  >  »]

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:35:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.060032844543457 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.