Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » First car questions.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: First car questions. Sat, 22 October 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Good choice, I owned an AE92 for a couple of years and still drive one occasionally Very Happy

1. Toyota motors generally age well & it's not uncommon for original motors to last 300,000k's plus with proper servicing. As with anything make sure it's been looked after with servicing, fluids & belts changed at the appropriate time.

However 250,000k's does seem a bit high & personally i'd look for a car with under 200,000k's, i've seen some recent examples with ~ 150,000k's or so in pretty good condition.

2. I'm 5'11" and as a driver I had no problem with legroom. In the front it's quite good but in the back it can get a little cramped.

3. No models released with LPG & no idea of cost ($1,500?)

4. Well i'm a little biased but i'd choose a manual over the auto simply because I prefer manual Wink If you're looking at an SX then I think they came in manual only plus the manual will also save you a bit of fuel and be a bit quicker.

EDIT: Not sure if things have changed now but when I was looking for my car I found most of the dealers to be way overpriced. Don't be afraid to look at a few private sales as often the cars will be in better condition than what the dealers are offering at a much better price aswell.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 October 2005 03:20]

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   First car questions. GravityMXSat, 22 October 2005 02:49
Read Message   Re: First car questions.  ConquestSat, 22 October 2005 03:15
Read Message   Re: First car questions. myneSat, 22 October 2005 03:36
Read Message   Re: First car questions. dravenSat, 22 October 2005 06:45
Previous Topic:HELP! ma61 top diff bolts
Next Topic:sprinter specs

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 21:58:14 UTC 2024