Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Help me...I once had an alarm, now I just have wires...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Help me...I once had an alarm, now I just have wires... Mon, 28 March 2005 14:09
I have central locking motor thingos on my doors, so I just assumed that it was simply that, so I pulled the trim and crap off, and its not that simple, there are wires everywhere leading to two plugs not plugged into anything under the steering column, some go into the steering column/ignition, to the central locking things, and also into some loose wires and another plastic plug not plugged into anything in the engine bay.
Obviously the car used to have an alarm in it,
my first question is, is it easy to get a new alarm and use existing wires,(what do I do to fugure out what goes where?)
or should I remove all wiring and install from scratch?

and also, I tried to hook up just the central locking, but I couldnt figure it out, there is a green and blue wire from each lock motor, and they come together and join into an unplugged plug, so I ran some power from the battery to the two holes where the green and blue wires plugged into the plug, and tested where the wires joined and there was power, so then I earthed each separately, and the blue one gets earthed it opens locks and the green earth opens, but when I kept the earth it got hot and sparked, how dowes the central locking work properly? is it as simple as running power and earth, or should it have something controlling it?

Can someone please please please help me out?
Thanks heaps for any advice and help!
-Whitchy-
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Help me...I once had an alarm, now I just have wires...  WHITCHYMon, 28 March 2005 14:09
Previous Topic:Diff Ratios ??????????
Next Topic:brake light probo

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:01:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0035300254821777 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.