Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Reversing control arms? need Help do or don't

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pluto55
Occasional Poster

August 2005
icon5.gif  Reversing control arms? need Help do or don't Wed, 24 August 2005 14:58 Go to previous message
Im putting RA65 struts in a KE55

I have positive camber and a quick fix could be to revers the set up of the arms and switch them onto the oposite control arm..
giving me 1cm+ difference.
if i can do this i may look at getting the RA65 balljoints into the MX73 lower cont arm to give me 1cm more. coz they are longer then the RA65.

ive got many parts been stuffing around .. RA40 RA65 MX73 & KE55 all control arms pairs.

2nd Question is i have cressida MX73 "with only 1 strut bottom" control arms too these Fit on the struts bolt pattern but are not as wide at the bottom of the strut unlike the RA65.. using this setup i gained 2cm measured from the bolt on strut to the cross member where the arm meets the body of the car..

any one done this or head of it does it matter that its not perfect fit i could seal it with silicon Confused to stop dust or a little dirt getting in there..
if i do this i will need new ti-rods too i think.. could drill one side out a bit to make it fit maybe?

3rd i could get Sigma one but dont know what to do? grind the crush tube ive heard.

Ta,,
any one got some help it will be appreciated..

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Reversing control arms? need Help do or don't  pluto55Wed, 24 August 2005 14:58
Read Message   Re: Reversing control arms? need Help do or don't pluto55Mon, 29 August 2005 11:58
Previous Topic:Front springs for KE55
Next Topic:1JZ POWER STEERING QUESTION

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 12:28:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052380561828613 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.