Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Buying a car interstate Wed, 28 September 2005 05:44 Go to previous message
I posted this on the new forum - but this one seems to be much more patronised, so I'll post here too...

I'm seriously considering buying a car which is in a different state. The car's in melbourne and I'm in nsw.

It seems a bit risky, my options are either going to be to get an unregistered vehicle permit, fly down, drive back - this way I'd get to see the car before handing over the money. The only con I could see was if I got down there and really didn't want the car - I'd just have to sort out a way to get home.

The other option is to get it put on a truck and sent to me. This way would probably work out slightly dearer, as I have a plane ticket that needs to be used up anyway, so I'd only need to pay for petrol on the way back if driving it myself. Pros/cons are going to be I don't get to physically see the car myself, and drive it before the transaction takes place. Pros being I have no worry about breaking down (though it is a toyota ), and don't have to worry about an unregistered vehicle permit, nor the 1200km approx drive home.

What have people's experiences been and what advice could you give?
Also has anyone had experience with getting unregistered vehicle permits? The car comes with an RWC, but no rego, so I can only assume it would qualify for one of these.

Is there anyway I could get some sort of "trusted" inspection on the car being interstate? I think NRMA did something like this, I'm not sure.
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Buying a car interstate  Dale_ta22Wed, 28 September 2005 05:44
Read Message   Re: Buying a car interstate ToymadWed, 28 September 2005 06:32
Read Message   Re: Buying a car interstate TRD_SupraThu, 29 September 2005 02:09
Read Message   Re: Buying a car interstate oldcorollasThu, 29 September 2005 02:52
Read Message   Re: Buying a car interstate ToymadThu, 29 September 2005 05:16
Read Message   Re: Buying a car interstate Dale_ta22Thu, 29 September 2005 07:52
Read Message   Re: Buying a car interstate TRD_SupraFri, 30 September 2005 09:32
Previous Topic:Dead Baby jokes: Cool & really funny, or just plain nasty?
Next Topic:more crazy jap cars

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 1 14:35:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043990612030029 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.