Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » fixed or full floating rotors???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bert
Regular

May 2003
fixed or full floating rotors??? Wed, 16 November 2005 09:25 Go to previous message
ok. sorry to ask questions that may have been touched on previously, but i have to work out what setup i need to do on the slide86.
i have a setup consisting of s14 callipers (four piston) and at the moment peugot 604 rotors (i dont want to use these, to narrow)
i was considering the standard s14 rotors.
now, i want to use the factory ae86 hubs. should i make the rotors fixed to the hub from the rear like they are factory. Or make them floating and put them on the front of the hub.
i know either way i will have to make special adaptor plate to hold the callipers but the way the discs are mounted has me thinking.
would appreciate youer views or ideas, even setups that you have tried/are currently using....
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   fixed or full floating rotors???  BertWed, 16 November 2005 09:25
Read Message   Re: fixed or full floating rotors??? shinybluesteelWed, 16 November 2005 09:31
Read Message   Re: fixed or full floating rotors??? BertWed, 16 November 2005 09:58
Read Message   Re: fixed or full floating rotors??? mrshinThu, 17 November 2005 10:53
Previous Topic:is AE92 sx fuel pump suitable for 4AGZE?????
Next Topic:Anyone know of Thin air cleaners to suit Solex's

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 18:28:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049219131469727 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.