Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Aluminium Crank Pulley - Smart People Look Here!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Aluminium Crank Pulley - Smart People Look Here! Tue, 09 December 2003 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Well known problem with the 2JZGTE, particularly when running an auto. Some of the guys have been running lightweight underdrive crank pulleys. Apparently, due to crank length and other reasons, harmonic vibrations are setup along the length of the crank. These are particularly magnified at cylinder number 1. This results in 'crank walk' and also loosening of the flexplate bolts. Apparently doesn't happen with the manual variants - the dual mass flywheel and its weight are supposedly protective. Reg Reimer has a nice page on it somewhere - lost all my bookmarks with a reformat.

Not sure how it translates to your 3SGTE.

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Aluminium Crank Pulley - Smart People Look Here! gabeTue, 09 December 2003 03:36
Read Message   Re: Aluminium Crank Pulley - Smart People Look Here! NorbieTue, 09 December 2003 03:55
Read Message   Re: Aluminium Crank Pulley - Smart People Look Here!  gianttomatoTue, 09 December 2003 03:58
Read Message   Re: Aluminium Crank Pulley - Smart People Look Here! Ben WilsonTue, 09 December 2003 04:30
Read Message   Re: Aluminium Crank Pulley - Smart People Look Here! ._T_.Tue, 09 December 2003 06:08
Read Message   Re: Aluminium Crank Pulley - Smart People Look Here! gabeTue, 09 December 2003 06:22
Read Message   Re: Aluminium Crank Pulley - Smart People Look Here! 5KinKP60Tue, 09 December 2003 06:53
Previous Topic:Elec dizzy questions. M motors
Next Topic:Gen 2 Camry with WRX rims?

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 19:35:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047221183776855 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.