Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Able to get a RWC on panel damaged car?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Able to get a RWC on panel damaged car? Thu, 09 September 2004 13:21 Go to previous message
Hi guys

My understanding is that you should be able to get registration on a car with panel damage as long as this does not pose a primary (ie. structural) or secondary (ie. pedestrians) threat to safety. I have a car that I'm going to do the body on as a long-ish term thing, but wanted to get it registered in the mean time. The damage looks very ugly as the previous owner bashed it out rather messily, but is little more than cosmetic stuff requiring a replacement guard.

There's certainly nothing structural wrong, no cracks in the floorpan, roof bends, and the chassis by eye certainly doesn't seem to be out of whack. So, assuming the rest of the car is in a generally sound mechanical condition, will this pose a roadworthy issue?

I can't see how it would, but I guess it might well make the giver of the RWC look extra hard for other grounds to fail me. Thoughts?

http://www.turbosupras.com/~lmdwyer/RT104/New%20Corona%20Damage.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 09 September 2004 13:21]

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Able to get a RWC on panel damaged car?  7M-BrisbaneThu, 09 September 2004 13:21
Read Message   Re: Able to get a RWC on panel damaged car? fade-eThu, 09 September 2004 13:23
Read Message   Re: Able to get a RWC on panel damaged car? Chris DaveyThu, 09 September 2004 13:28
Read Message   Re: Able to get a RWC on panel damaged car? 7M-BrisbaneThu, 09 September 2004 13:44
Read Message   Re: Able to get a RWC on panel damaged car? thechucksterThu, 09 September 2004 13:55
Read Message   Re: Able to get a RWC on panel damaged car? gr8r-xFri, 10 September 2004 02:30
Read Message   Re: Able to get a RWC on panel damaged car? hemi twofifteen turboSat, 11 September 2004 07:41
Read Message   Re: Able to get a RWC on panel damaged car? brett_celicacoupeSat, 11 September 2004 09:05
Previous Topic:4 cyl turbo in Corona
Next Topic:Chrome plating

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:56:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043320655822754 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.