Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
parsi
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. Thu, 16 September 2004 02:47 Go to previous message
Hey all,
after over a year looking around this site and loving the old school celicas I finally bought one yesterday (tommo's off toymods). However there is one problem, I don't really know shit about fixing/looking/maintaining celicas.but i would love to learn. That's why I love these forums...everyone is so helpful. So just a few questions...and I am sure there will be alot more in the future.
I was wondering if anyone could advise me where to start to get a good grounding in basic celica knowledge etc?
I am assuming I should buy one of those Hayne's repair manuals for a start right?
Anyone recommend a good general set of tools i should buy?

now here is the specific question which is the killer/
The celica used to have an aftermarket steering wheel which was replaced with the original wheel when i bought it. The original steering wheel's horn doesnt workwhich doesnot bother me all that much.
When i picked it up yesterday I was driving home and went around a corner and the horn went off. I thought i had inadvertently pressed one of the six horn buttons but no. there appears to be a certain area in which when u turn the sterring wheel the horn just goes off. As u can imagine it was quite embarrassing having ur horn blaring for 10-15 secs with no idea what is going on, plus the fact that their was a cop car in front of me made it all the little bit worse.

So any ideas what my problem here is. The horn going off seems preety random.just happens when u turn the wheel sometimes.
is it a problem with how the steering wheel was put back on or a problem with the horn itself.?
Any advice/help would be much appreciated, and please moderate the advice with the knowledge the i have the car repairing capcity of an ape...but i am very willing to learn.

cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh.  parsiThu, 16 September 2004 02:47
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. STR8 2.8Thu, 16 September 2004 03:04
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. chrishulbertThu, 16 September 2004 03:19
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. flynn21atworkThu, 16 September 2004 04:07
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. AzraelThu, 16 September 2004 04:18
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. TA-022Thu, 16 September 2004 08:38
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. dwangoThu, 16 September 2004 10:05
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. ToobsThu, 16 September 2004 12:32
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. parsiFri, 17 September 2004 01:33
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. RobST162Fri, 17 September 2004 01:46
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. TA-022Mon, 27 September 2004 07:56
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. scroteMon, 27 September 2004 15:07
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. parsiTue, 28 September 2004 04:40
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. dravenThu, 16 September 2004 12:37
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. fade-eTue, 28 September 2004 00:23
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. fade-eTue, 28 September 2004 04:56
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. thetoyman75Wed, 29 September 2004 00:03
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. parsiWed, 29 September 2004 14:09
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. scroteWed, 29 September 2004 16:46
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. parsiThu, 30 September 2004 09:54
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. scroteThu, 30 September 2004 14:33
Read Message   Re: Beginner's Dummys Guide to Repairing Celicas. Please point and laugh. schmittThu, 30 September 2004 05:26
Previous Topic:Drum break inhancements ta22
Next Topic:Ford AU Twin Thermo's

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 12:03:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053000450134277 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.