Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? Sat, 25 September 2004 11:17 Go to previous message
ok, i'll start from the start.
i havnt been able to get my TA22 (2T) going for a while, mabe 3 months its been sitting in the garage.
now that ive been spending time trying to get it going, ive traced a whole bunch of faults, including a dodgy main earth (fixed), non-functioning fuel cut solenoid (fixed), a few dodgy wires etc (fixed), given it new points (set properly), new fuel, new coil, new rotor button, spark plugs etc etc. after all this i had a spark, not a very good one, but plenty to light the mix with.

a couple of days ago, i checked the timing and it was advanced to the shithouse, due to a loose dizzy that had moved its self out of time by about 20 degrees. i brought it back round to the factory timing, but it still wouldnt start. wound it to about 20 degrees retarded to see what would happen and it kicked for long enough for me to put the timing back to the right spot, where it burst into life and was running better than ever. took it for a spin, set up the advance etc, came home and turned it off. found that it wouldnt start with this timing (factory specs) then found the carbie wasnt priming its self (no power to fuel cut solenoid, fixed that) still wouldnt start, but still kicks over and runs, albiet very poorly when retarded by about 20 degrees (back fires out the carb, wont rev past ~two hundred rpm) still runs fine when set back to proper timing, but still wont start there. since then my spark has disapeared, but reapears intermittantly, but it still wont run, even with spark.
my auto choke also isnt working, but open or closed theres no signs of life.

im out if ideas. please help me...

Jim.
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor????  greenta22Sat, 25 September 2004 11:17
Read Message   Re: WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? mrshinSat, 25 September 2004 13:04
Read Message   Re: WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? RWDboySat, 25 September 2004 14:46
Read Message   Re: WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? RWDboySat, 25 September 2004 14:49
Read Message   Re: WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? fade-eSun, 26 September 2004 00:29
Read Message   Re: WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? brett_celicacoupeSun, 26 September 2004 01:51
Read Message   Re: WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? greenta22Sun, 26 September 2004 03:56
Read Message   Re: WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? NickTA22Sun, 26 September 2004 06:04
Read Message   Re: WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? greenta22Sun, 26 September 2004 07:14
Read Message   Re: WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? SeptemberSquallIndustriesSun, 26 September 2004 13:48
Read Message   Re: WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? greenta22Mon, 27 September 2004 11:48
Read Message   Re: WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? SeptemberSquallIndustriesMon, 27 September 2004 12:11
Read Message   Re: WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? YelloRollaMon, 27 September 2004 12:50
Read Message   Re: WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? SeptemberSquallIndustriesMon, 27 September 2004 12:58
Read Message   Re: WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? greenta22Tue, 28 September 2004 08:39
Read Message   Re: WTF is wrong with my *$#@#% motor???? thetoyman75Tue, 28 September 2004 23:24
Previous Topic:Copper H.G.
Next Topic:What injectors for 3rd gen 1g????

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 19:43:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038189888000488 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.