Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
INTJ
Occasional Poster

May 2004
1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's Sat, 25 December 2004 05:06 Go to previous message
Hi Everyone, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

I'm living in Thailand with an Opel Omega (Holden) running a 1JZ GTE Auto. I had a few problems a while back, but thanks to some good advice here and other forums, now were running OK.

It turns out the ceramic blades from the back of the turbo had all but disintegrated, and the wiring could have been done better by my 7 year old son.

Rather than replace the ceramic turbo with another of the same ilk, I went out and bought a whopping Garrett turbo. I believe it originates from a truck, but with the turbo exhaust replaced with a smaller unit, I'm assured its compatable with the 1JZ (I've set the boost at 0.9). The lettering on the turbo says "GARRETT A/R 50", if that means anything to anybody. I've previously fitted a FMIC, and a 2.5 inch stainless exhaust with no cats.

Rewired the whole car, also added a SARD fuel regulator, replaced the leaking BOV, chopped out the ABS and stuck on some Skyline calipers and discs (the OEM brakes were terrible, spongy as hell and NSR wheel locked up under heavy braking, a problem I couldn't get rid of, tried everything).

My real question is about boost control and fuelling.

The car is fast, (at least much faster than before). But I have not touched the ECU, the injectors, and I have no boost controller.

My concern is that I am restricting the car by running the stock management/fuel system. The engine is pretty much standard, except for the big turbo.

Now I believe this turbo can safely boost at 1.2, perhaps even 1.5, but obviously the factory ECU shuts the fuel of at 1 bar. I see much talk of boost controllers, SAFC, greddy e-manage and so on, but I am completely lost as to what it all means. If I buy one of these such devices will this override the factory ECU (the car is auto) and allow me to boost more and adjust the fuel automatically ? What kind of power gains am I looking at ? Also, should I be looking at bigger injectors ?

Basically, I want to make the most of this engine and turbo, without getting carried away. It goes well enough now, but I reckon with a bit more meddling I could see some big increases in power. Over to you guys !

Thanks in advance,

INTJ

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's  INTJSat, 25 December 2004 05:06
Read Message   Re: 1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's SoarerSat, 25 December 2004 07:31
Read Message   Re: 1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's IcarusSat, 25 December 2004 09:44
Read Message   Re: 1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's acmttSun, 26 December 2004 04:00
Read Message   Re: 1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's INTJSun, 26 December 2004 07:40
Read Message   Re: 1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's Chris DaveySun, 26 December 2004 21:45
Read Message   Re: 1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's acmttSun, 26 December 2004 07:51
Read Message   Re: 1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's Chris DaveySun, 26 December 2004 21:46
Read Message   Re: 1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's acmttSun, 26 December 2004 23:39
Read Message   Re: 1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's KOFFEE-BLACKMon, 27 December 2004 02:06
Read Message   Re: 1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's SoarerMon, 27 December 2004 04:27
Read Message   Re: 1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's INTJMon, 27 December 2004 06:06
Read Message   Re: 1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's SoarerMon, 27 December 2004 06:14
Read Message   Re: 1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's Chris DaveyMon, 27 December 2004 23:22
Read Message   Re: 1JZ single - boost control/fuelling Q's INTJSun, 06 February 2005 08:06
Previous Topic:how to put a cd player in
Next Topic:GZE and HKS head gasket

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 16:16:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046019554138184 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.