Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » How do i colour code my bumpers?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
High Roller
Occasional Poster

December 2004
How do i colour code my bumpers? Sat, 26 February 2005 05:32 Go to previous message
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and i need some advice. Basically i'm poor and i want to colour code the bumpers on my corolla myself. Could anyone here could guide me through the process of doing this.
*What steps need to be taken to do the job right, and what sandpaper sizes do i need?
I've been told by a friend that this is how it's done,

1) Rub back the bumpers with scotch brite

2) Wax and grease the small dent in rear bumper, and fill with "plastic bumper bog"

3) Once done repairing, wax and grease remove and wait until dry

4) Undercoat the bumpers with plastic bumper undercoat

5) Paint a "guide coat" to rub back to undercoat with 2000 wet

6) Dry, then wax and grease remove and paint coats of paint
(I've been told to paint the small part of body filler first, then proceed with the rest of the bumper)

7) Once the coats have been done and are dry, paint in a few coats of clear straight over paint (no rubbing back) until the bars look nice.

Is this the usual process? Anything missing here? i want to do the job right. Thanks for your help in advance fellas...
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   How do i colour code my bumpers?  High RollerSat, 26 February 2005 05:32
Read Message   Re: How do i colour code my bumpers? celicaboy_2000Sat, 26 February 2005 08:04
Read Message   Re: How do i colour code my bumpers? HuntySat, 26 February 2005 08:15
Read Message   Re: How do i colour code my bumpers? clubagreenieSat, 26 February 2005 10:20
Read Message   Re: How do i colour code my bumpers? High RollerSun, 27 February 2005 09:14
Previous Topic:smallport 4AGE not starting after conversion.
Next Topic:common problems with ae82

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Oct 2 04:16:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044300556182861 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.