Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Problems with my auto transmission

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Problems with my auto transmission Sun, 27 February 2005 08:31 Go to previous message
My auto trans (A540E) has weird issues! While driving (doesnt matter if O/D is on or off) it'll appear to go just drop out of gear and into neutral. However, it's not, because, while im coasting (thru a friggn tunnel with no service lane!!!) i'd push the accell pedal down and the revs come up to about 5-6 and it would feel, although very slightly, that it starts to pull, very jerk tho, as the revs still climb and i have to back off (at 7.5k rpm ) Anyways, the only thing i could do is keep doing this to get thru the tunnel and then pull over. Pull over, stopped the motor..waited about 1 minute, then started again..all is fine. Has happened a few times now. Also, when it happens, shifting the lever to 2nd or 1st or even N (i didnt try R or P!!) doesnt do anything. And also, the little display on the dash showing the selected gear goes all funny. Like really dim. It shows R (very dimmly) when in N and 1 2 D you can hardly see. When i pull over, i put it into P, and the P light was dim. When i started the car again..all was fine with the display! What the hell could be wrong!!!??

Thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Problems with my auto transmission  hijakdpoliceSun, 27 February 2005 08:31
Read Message   Re: Problems with my auto transmission Meat_rackSun, 27 February 2005 08:34
Read Message   Re: Problems with my auto transmission hijakdpoliceSun, 27 February 2005 08:48
Read Message   Re: Problems with my auto transmission Meat_rackSun, 27 February 2005 08:53
Read Message   Re: Problems with my auto transmission hijakdpoliceSun, 27 February 2005 09:23
Read Message   Re: Problems with my auto transmission Meat_rackMon, 28 February 2005 07:05
Previous Topic:2TG Increased displacement ????
Next Topic:3SGTE Turbo Compatability??

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 22:23:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0030128955841064 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.