Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? Wed, 27 July 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Took a little longer than expected, but it was a relatively simple mod (fud code a bit more convoluted than I thought).

My code is commented and can be located by a start and end comment with my name (davedave).
It works pretty well, you just select the messages that you want exported and in the 'move to'/'restore to' dropdown there are two new options - 'Export to CSV' (tab delimited) and 'Export to XML'.
My apologies to Mac/Linux users, carriage returns are in windows format. Simple to fix with any decent text editor on your end though.

Anyways, to get it to work, you need to replace the file /<fudroot>/theme/default/pmsg.php with the one in this zip file. I suggest backing up the orinigal file for obvious reasons.
If you use a different theme to default, then my code (between the comments) will need to be copied from this file to the one in the theme directory that you use.

Let me know how you go or if you need any more changes.

Cheers,
Dave

Edit: PS. the link to the zip file must be clicked from a toymods page to download it (just part of my standard anti-leech security measures Wink)

PPS. Just noticed that IE likes to open the output itself rather than do what it's told. IE users should download mozilla, but failing that, they can just View->source and save the file.
If it becomes a problem, I can spend more time fixing this.
Stupid IE

PPPS. Also, when fudforum in installing the database table prefix (default fud23_) is set thoughout the files. If this is different my code will have to be changed to reflect this. It's easy to spot though by looking at the existing file, and may require a seach and replace to modify the new file. Again, just give me a yell if you need a hand

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 01:22]

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? jackelThu, 21 April 2005 19:10
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? jeffro RA28Thu, 28 April 2005 09:41
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? 79rollaboyThu, 28 April 2005 13:15
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? Ms_SILYCARThu, 26 May 2005 04:19
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? takaiFri, 29 April 2005 01:31
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? AllanFri, 29 April 2005 01:38
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? THE WITZLFri, 29 April 2005 08:35
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? muaythaimanSat, 30 April 2005 04:48
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? cri_agMon, 09 May 2005 09:54
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? jackelMon, 09 May 2005 13:12
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? LucidThu, 26 May 2005 22:54
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? davedaveTue, 21 June 2005 10:20
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? LucidTue, 21 June 2005 22:52
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? davedaveTue, 26 July 2005 08:39
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? JoshstixTue, 26 July 2005 09:04
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift?  davedaveWed, 27 July 2005 00:44
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? davedaveFri, 11 November 2005 04:13
Read Message   Re: Is the Toymods site ever gonna get a face lift? CallifoSun, 13 November 2005 10:57
Previous Topic:Authorisation on new forum
Next Topic:BUMP ????

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:19:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004551887512207 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.