Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Opinions - Scam or for real????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
turbo_rolla
Regular

June 2005
Opinions - Scam or for real???? Sun, 25 September 2005 00:55 Go to previous message

SCAM OR NOT?[ 27 vote(s) ]
1.Definately a Scam 21 / 78%
2.Not a Scam 1 / 4%
3.Could be a scam 5 / 19%

Hello guys and gals,

Trying to sell my car, and got an email from carpoint from a "prospective buyer". I've been dealing with emails from them and they've basically said they'll buy the car, but it sorta smells of SCAM. I've copied my emails to & from below. Have a squiz and let me know what ya think! Thoughts and opinions much appreciated!

Used Car enquiry from CarPoint Australia at 24-Sep-2005 08:41:14
This CarPoint Australia user has an enquiry:
Year/Make/Model: 2001 / TOYOTA / COROLLA
Rego: BB-107M
Price: AUD 19900.00
Name: rick
Address:
State: Overseas
Email: rickben_s@hotmail.com
Home phone:
+447040113882
I am interested in the purchase of your car.I am offering $17,600 AUD for the car.Get back to me if ok.Thanks.

Hi Rick,
Ideally i dont want to go under $XX,XXX AUD. Also, what country you from (+44 = UK???). If you're keen at that price let me know, and im sure we can organise something to get it to you if you're serious. If you have any questions etc let me know.
Daniel.

Hello Daniel
How are you today, i saw e mail now am happy about it but please get back to me with the last price urgnet thanks

Hi Rick, $XX,XXXAUD and she's all yours and we can organise where it will be going and how it'll be getting to you (assuming you're not in Adelaide, in which case you could pick it up ). If it is going o/s just organise what you want to happen and i can make sure things are met from my end. Im off to bed now, but i'll check my email in the morning for any replies. I also tried to call the contact number lower down on the emails, but it had "not available". If you prefer, i can call you sometime to organise every thing if you're keen to go ahead.

Hello Daniel
>Thanks for your mail and patience,our client called me and said that he was impressed with the car condition and this transaction, and he has happily agreed to buy the car at $XX,XXXAUD We have finalised payment arrangement with him. However, our client made out a cashiers check of $28,770AUD to a car dealers company for a car which he intends buying but was unfortunately sold, so he has instructed them that the money be remitted to you, since the money will cover up the cost of your car.So on reciept of the check payment,you will deduct/minus the cost of your car $XX,XXXAUD and send the balance $XX,XXX to the shipper as part of his payment for shipping of the car. Once the transaction is concluded,the shipper will come over with the particulars of our client for bill of sale agreement and shipping of the car to our client, please confirm this and provide immediately your
(1)Name (2)Address (3)Phone number for check payment to be issued and sent to you with this your particulars via Courier transfer services.
Have a nice day,

Regards,

MY REPLY TO THIS WAS:

Hi Rick,
I accept the offer subject to the following terms & conditions. For this transaction to proceed, i will require the following details to pass on to a licensed property conveyancer of whom i will appoint, who will act on my behalf to handle this transaction (to protect both parties):

1. Buyers name, addr, contact numbers (telephone & fax);

2. Who is the dealer mentioned above who will be forwarding payment (ie name, addr, contact person); and

3. Shipping agent details (ie contact person & number).
Once these details are provided, my conveyancer will be in touch to finalise the transaction.

Once payment is received in full to my conveyancer's trust account (which they will confirm upon contact with you), the vehicle will be delivered to your nominated shipping agent in Metropolitan Adealaide.

Kind Regards

SCAM OR NO SCAM?????

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Opinions - Scam or for real????  turbo_rollaSun, 25 September 2005 00:55
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? clubagreenieSun, 25 September 2005 01:02
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? KOPDISSun, 25 September 2005 01:15
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? HodgoSun, 25 September 2005 01:19
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? SEXY 16Sun, 25 September 2005 03:02
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? dravenSun, 25 September 2005 03:06
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? thechucksterSun, 25 September 2005 05:18
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? filthmanSun, 25 September 2005 22:50
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? ToobsSun, 25 September 2005 22:56
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? CelicasuprASun, 25 September 2005 06:02
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? domasikSun, 25 September 2005 06:26
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? turbo_rollaSun, 25 September 2005 06:30
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? turbo_rollaSun, 25 September 2005 07:27
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? EVOSTiSun, 25 September 2005 08:25
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? turbo_rollaSun, 25 September 2005 10:27
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? SigmeisterSun, 25 September 2005 22:17
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? turbo_rollaMon, 26 September 2005 06:44
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? ToobsSun, 25 September 2005 22:52
Read Message   Re: Opinions - Scam or for real???? SigmeisterMon, 26 September 2005 04:49
Previous Topic:ST165 owners dedicated thread!
Next Topic:MR2 GT Vs GT4 (1990)

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:59:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068070888519287 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.