Toymods » The Outhouse » Buying a car interstate

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toymad
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Buying a car interstate Wed, 28 September 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I recently did just that - bought a car interstate (Vic) and brought it back (Tas) on an unregistered vehicle permit.

Personally I'm not keen on buying a car without seeing it, but you have to be prepared to walk away even though you may have travelled a distance to see it - I tried to organise a couple of 'backup' cars to look at if the car i was after turned out to be a dud (thankfully it wasn't!)

For me acquiring the permit was no biggie as the car had both a RWC and rego. which was cancelled when i bought the car and got the permit.
I flew over and drove the car to the ferry terminal and then home as this was the cheapest way for me to get the car! No real hassles from my experience! Smile
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Buying a car interstate Dale_ta22Wed, 28 September 2005 05:44
Read Message   Re: Buying a car interstate  ToymadWed, 28 September 2005 06:32
Read Message   Re: Buying a car interstate TRD_SupraThu, 29 September 2005 02:09
Read Message   Re: Buying a car interstate oldcorollasThu, 29 September 2005 02:52
Read Message   Re: Buying a car interstate ToymadThu, 29 September 2005 05:16
Read Message   Re: Buying a car interstate Dale_ta22Thu, 29 September 2005 07:52
Read Message   Re: Buying a car interstate TRD_SupraFri, 30 September 2005 09:32
Previous Topic:Dead Baby jokes: Cool & really funny, or just plain nasty?
Next Topic:more crazy jap cars

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 18:59:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053389072418213 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.